• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo is launching new JoyCons in pastel colours

I like the new colors (pink and green are my faves!) but I don't use joy cons anymore due to the drift problem. When my family used to buy them we ended up with a pile of unusable controllers with drift. One of the right joy cons even had a home button that would constantly press itself. So while I like the new colors I don't think I'll be picking any of them up when they come out.

I love the mint green but I prefer the pro controller so I probably wouldn't get this. I also wish they made official pro controllers in different colors and/or also both joycons as the same color.

They're quite pleasant to look at and I particularly like the pastel purple and pastel green pair. That said, I've never been able to feel comfortable with JoyCons both because of their size and because the likelihood that they'll develop drift makes me want to never use them unless absolutely necessary (such as in Super Mario Party and Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee). I just stick with my Pro Controller for everything other than Smash Bros., where I use a GameCube controller.

If I ever did get another pair of JoyCons just for aesthetic reasons, while these do look nice, I'd more likely get the neon purple and neon orange pair since purple and orange are two of my favorite colors. I've never done so due to the price point though; $10-$20 more than a PlayStation or Xbox controller for these poorly built things? Nah. So I just keep the default grey ones the system came with and, yeah, use my Pro Controller to actually play most things.

Back