• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo is launching new JoyCons in pastel colours

Can't wait for them to drift.

Those are actually really pretty. I wish they came out with them earlier and I would've grabbed a pair! I already have two sets so I'll be passing on them but they're definitely a nice colour choice.

They’re nice but I sort of prefer the bright vivid colors of the neon controllers. I’m guessing these were made for the New Horizons Switch since its own Joy Cons are pastel. I mean I really love the green but feel it would clash against my other Joy Cons which are the Neon Pink, Green, Blue, Yellow, Electric Blue and Red that are standard with the console, and the Skyward Sword set.

If I ever get to replacing my current set, I'll be keeping these in mind. They're much more in line with my general aesthetic.

These are really pretty! (Shame that the pink and the green are in different sets, but oh well). I wish they'd come out with these sooner—I've already got a backup pair in gray and haven't had any trouble with drift so far thankfully, so I don't see myself getting these anytime soon. But I'll be on the lookout for these if I ever need another pair in the future, especially the green and lavender duo. I don't generally mind bolder colors, but a lot of the other Joy-Con color combos are still a bit much for my tastes.

ooh, the pastel purple is so pretty! also love the pink. 💗 i don’t have any need for them since i have a switch lite, but they look lovely!

i love the purple and green set. 🥺 if my joycons start drifting, i'll probably pick up a pair.

ooh, the pastel purple is so pretty! also love the pink. 💗 i don’t have any need for them since i have a switch lite, but they look lovely!
Is it me, but I see these as pastel red instead of pink o_O

But it might be because the shelf it's on is pink.

I saw these earlier! They are so beautiful. I really love the colors of all the joycons and designs of the Switch's special editions but.... I just still can't like it. I still dislike the switch. Its all just small stuff but these add up which make me love the 3DS and Wii U even more. The game quality (they have been doing better with games like Mario Party Superstars), the switch's weight, battery, and docking system.... I just will never like it. I definitely think the concept of the switch is great and so is the 3rd party quality but most first party switch games leave me wanting more. It doesn't help with how many ports they have, this really is a good thing for people who didnt have a 3DS or Wii U but I just wish they still released NEW GAMES as well as ports.

Anyways, I need to stop ranting about a successful system, its so fun and I should appreciate the good things!!! 💚🌟🍓

I'll definitely be picking up the pastel green and pastel purple set. Green is my favorite color, so that's a no-brainer for me. Along with the fact that I still have my basic red and blue set and they started drifting a long time ago (I've had to use a pro controller since then).

I'll still probably mostly use my pro controller in order to try and get a longer lifespan out of them, but it'll be nice to have in case I ever want to play a multiplayer game with one of my friends.

The pink and yellow are so cute OMG. Need. Plus I’ve been needing a new pair of joy-cons for multiplayer stuff anyway 😭

I want to eat them.

The colors look pretty cool. I remember them dropping Halloween-esque color patterns a few years back. I really only use the pro controller, so I wouldn't buy these unless they happened to be on sell or something. Still liking the color choices.

These are so cute, I am considering getting the pastel green and purple one. I don't use the joycons too much but that is mostly because I have the skyward sword limited edition set and I don't want to overuse them. I mostly use the pro-controller, but it would be nice to have an extra set of joycons. One day I hope they release an official pastel colored pro-controller. I'd totally get it.

I’m like others in the posts. I almost always use a pro controller because I keep my switched docked for the most part. I only use the joy cons when a particular game requires them…..and then I grumble the entire time, lol! The new pastel colors are pretty, but that won’t incentivize me to buy them. My next new set of joycons will arrive with whatever new switch comes next.

I much prefer Pro Controllers and bright neon colors, but I would've considered these if the pink and green were a combo 😕
Other than that they're fine, but the extra worry of drift also makes me not want to get another very expensive pair 🥲

The mint green and purple ones are calling my name lol. I use a switch lite though, so I won’t need them

Love the green one. Like some others though, I'm usually playing the console docked, so I don't need another pair of future drift JoyCons.

I'd love to have two of the pink or purple. I understand why Nintendo does pairs with different mixed colors, but they really should give us options of which color we want to pair or just have one color. I believe European Joycons reverse, so technically you could have two of the same color, but you'd have to pay an arm and a leg. Come on Nintendo. =(

Back