• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo DSi LL

StarBurst

Bells
Nintendo have now announced the DSi LL. It's basically the DSi but bulkier and with a bigger screen. This is gonna come out at the beggining of 2010 in Europe and was announced a few days ago in Japan and Europe. It is being released in red first (There goes Nintendo's traditional black and white colour scheme).

It's unconfirmed when it will be released in north America. It is for sale at 20,000 yen, which is approx $233.37.

Comparison to the DSi
dsill_comparison.jpg

Another random pic of it.
dsill_1.jpg

It's not a hoax or anything. As proof here is the site....
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsiLL/index.html#/new/

<big><big><big>Discuss....</big></big></big>

I guess to squeeze more money out of helpless DS fans.

I forgot to mention, the stylus is also a lot thicker now (as in screenshot). The main idea of it is the bigger screen but the size of the thing probably lets this down.

The idea of the dsi was to make a smaller, more convenient console to carry around, does this look small? does this look easy to carry around? NO!

I heard its leaned more to the older people who like to play DS. but people have been complaining that it's too small. So basically its just a brick-sized version of the DSi

Damnit. Why do nintendo care so much about casual players?

Casual games are ruining the idea of gaming. Project Natal is ruining the idea of gaming.
I preferred video games alot more when it was just the hardcore people that played them and when they were made up of buttons and they required skill. The wii remote was ok, it still had buttons and it didn't really require that much physical movement but all this remoteless cr** is depressing in my view.

Why the hell are they trying to get old people involved?

nadnarb9786 said:
it looks like a bloody pen
Argh, I know as if you'd carry a 'stylus' that looks like a massive fat pen, with you just for a DS. God, I hope Nintendo never goes HD.

Emerald. said:
nadnarb9786 said:
it looks like a bloody pen
Argh, I know as if you'd carry a 'stylus' that looks like a massive fat pen, with you just for a DS. God, I hope Nintendo never goes HD.
Some people have big fingers you know.

I preferred the Phat over the Lite.

I need a new DS. Do you guys think I should get the normal DSi or the LL?

Basically Nintendo just took the Ds Phat and put a camera and bigger stylus on it.
Way to go nintendo. Always thinking of the PAST.

I did not know there was a previous topic Sunate.

Please could you post a link? I've been back through the topics and can't find no DSi LL thread.

roblox said:
Basically Nintendo just took the Ds Phat and put a camera and bigger stylus on it.
Way to go nintendo. Always thinking of the PAST.
If Nintendo thought about the past all the time they would be one of the best, if not the best gaming company at the moment.

OMG!!!! :D I dont need to get it :D cause unline SOME people who complained about small screens I have good enough Eye sight for a small screen :D

Back