• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New to Horizon! Looking for friends and how to play.

QueenIBe

Queen Nici
Bells
Hi everyone. My name is Nici, pronounced NEE SEE. I've played animal crossing since the old days, but recently, on an impulse, bought a new switch lite and new horizon's. Now, I feel stupid. Nothing is the same and it a little more difficult. There's a ton of weeds and I have apples. No shovel or net. Just, UGGGGGHHHHH. Just in case people want to know, I'm 34 engaged with 2 boys ages 14 and 3. I play with all ages, as long as you are respectful. I need some guidance or a manual because I'm ready to return it and go back to new leaf. Please send me a message if you can help me or lead me in the right direction. I'm going in circles in this stupid tent!

Welcome to TBT! :)

Yeah, the game can be pretty confusing at first. Have you been talking to Tom Nook inside his tent at the plaza? Generally he will give you something new to do each day for awhile for the first couple weeks of the game. If you’re lost at any time on what to do, I would talk to him.

As far as crafting a shovel or net goes, there should be a crafting station right inside the tent where you can craft those and other tools. When you press a and open it up it should tell you what materials you need, so you just have to collect the materials, return to the crafting station, and craft the tools. Hope this helps. ^^

Back