• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Since there is a HHD-exclusive piece of furniture in the screenshot here is my theory:
If you own Happy Home Designer, and you transfer the amiibo to the game, then the house data from HHD is transferred with the villager. Just my guess tho

I think the houses and villager data will go back and forth between the games. The cards and figures for special characters will probably unlock some special feature

i am praying to animal crossing god that this update allows us to pick where we want the villagers to live. also i hope amiibo support isnt the only update...

To be honest, this just looks like a way to capitalize on the people who are obsessive about getting their dreamies.

Honestly, while it's cool they're giving AC:NL an update, I think Nintendo's pretty late to update a 3 year old game. I'd rather have a new game with all these new features and villagers instead of an update.

Last edited:
Honestly, while it's cool they're giving AC:NL an update, I think Nintendo's pretty late to update a 3 year old game. I'd rather have a new game with all these new features and villagers instead of an update.

I'd rather have them give us this new update to play for a while while at the same time giving them extra time to put more work on the next ac, Just imagine having a school,hotels,hell maybe even a factory in the new game where u can also run your own shop and sell it to villagers who come in, that'd be so awesome! but then again might not even happen, guess i've got too much imagination :(

I'm actually pretty excited for this update, I'm planning on restarting my second cartridge that has my cycling town and making a new one when the update releases :)

I was hoping they'd edit the game so you can change your skin, eyes, hair and all that jazz. :p

I was hoping they'd edit the game so you can change your skin, eyes, hair and all that jazz. :p
But you can change your hair! I agree you should be able to change your skin tone - and also tan to an extent, depending on your paleness - and if we are catering to more people, they should also make a version for the southern hemisphere, where you can build snowmans in July and watch fireworks in December. It would be so much more fun to visit an Australian (for example) friend with the different seasons!

But you can change your hair! I agree you should be able to change your skin tone - and also tan to an extent, depending on your paleness - and if we are catering to more people, they should also make a version for the southern hemisphere, where you can build snowmans in July and watch fireworks in December. It would be so much more fun to visit an Australian (for example) friend with the different seasons!

They should've done that to begin with... I really feel like the region should affect the weather/holidays. I'm American, but I honestly would love hanging out with someone when their town is winter while mine's summer WITHOUT time travel.

Probably because they have given us all that there is to know about it. It's just a matter of waiting for the release now.

this would be very nice! maybe if you scan harriet's amiibo card you'll unlock that machine on nooks homes second floor haha

Back