• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Seems cool, only problem is this seems like a money making scheme. BUY ALL THE CARDS! It doesn't add anything else other than having to shell out all of your money to get the card you wanted, so the update is lacking...

Seems cool, only problem is this seems like a money making scheme. BUY ALL THE CARDS! It doesn't add anything else other than having to shell out all of your money to get the card you wanted, so the update is lacking...

Joke's on them then, since I'm just gonna buy the few cards I need to remake my first town with my villagers. And it'll be random sellers on eBay getting my cash, not Nintendo.

But yeah, they're definitely hoping to pull in a big cash grab with this update. Also probably why they're choosing NOW to make New Leaf a Nintendo Selects title.

It is a cash grab but I feel better getting another use out of the cards I have collected since having them for only HHD made me feel guilty. XD

I am legit really excited for this update. I wonder if there will be more of an update. I feel good though, that they are doing this instead of giving us a New Leaf 2.0 on the 3DS.

It kinda looks to me as if you'll only get to use this when a villager is moving out, like when they ping you and tell you they they're leaving, and then wisp will pop up and as you if you want to use an amiibo card to replace them... I wonder if they'll just move into that current plot, or if you'll be able to plot reset?

I'm really excited for this ! o: I hope that we will be able to have the new pieces of furniture which they introduced in Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, and that we will be able to place furnitures like in HHD, not with the touch screen, but in the same way, leaving a very very small space between the television and the sofa, for example.
I started a second series amiibo card collection because the villagers I like most are in second series cards. Oh, and I bought K.K.'s and Serge's figurines, too.
But I think that the feature I will like most, if they put them into the game, obviously, is the possibility to put carpets in your home ! I am very hopefully with this ! ^^
We'll see in Autumn ! ~

Last edited:
But yeah, they're definitely hoping to pull in a big cash grab with this update. Also probably why they're choosing NOW to make New Leaf a Nintendo Selects title.

oh my god i didnt even think of that i cant believe nintendo is being so sneaky

i know ive said this before but...i wonder if the update will bring new features...like not just amiibo compatibility but im talking about new stuff like um pwps or something?? a new fruit or bush? im trying to think of things they would actually consider adding. im anxiously checking isabelle's twitter everyday for updates its killing meeeeeeeeeeee. i bet they'll give us more info next month....

also nintendo said a "new update", so maybe that does confirm new stuff other than compatibility...they could have just said "were adding amiibo compatibility", but instead they said update. so thats something i guess.

Excuse my lousy English . I come from the German-speaking area.

we discuss in my Animal Crossing forum a lot about this feature.

We wonder what could well bring the amiibo figures for a function with itself.

The cards let neighbours move into my town. But the figures? Does anyone have ideas?

this update got me wanting to play ACNL again! i already ordered 3 cards of 3 of my favourite villagers in anticipation of having them move in. was totally worth it ~

Maybe Wisp's lamp will make a return as well as the rewards. One of the rewards would be to move in a villager and if selected you're prompted to use an amiibo card for the villager you want to move in. It seems the only logical way Wisp can be involved to me.

really, REALLY hoping they add furniture or anything else alongside the amiibo support! >_<;;; /wishful thinking

i know ive said this before but...i wonder if the update will bring new features...like not just amiibo compatibility but im talking about new stuff like um pwps or something?? a new fruit or bush? im trying to think of things they would actually consider adding. im anxiously checking isabelle's twitter everyday for updates its killing meeeeeeeeeeee. i bet they'll give us more info next month....

also nintendo said a "new update", so maybe that does confirm new stuff other than compatibility...they could have just said "were adding amiibo compatibility", but instead they said update. so thats something i guess.

I completely agree with you ! It would be amazing if they confirmed some "very new stuff", like, for examples, new pwps, like you said, or even a new house exteriors style ! c:

Last edited:
What if like, some of the Amiibos brought special PWPs with them? Like for example, a Samus Amiibo would give a Metroid-themed PWP? It's unlikely as all hell, though.

Back