• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf & social bonding stories

RL8775

Bells
Switch
5010-5396-4243
Hey guys, what is your most social bonding story, with this game, name a time when this game brought you closer to someone you know in real life. Here’s mine.

I live in Florida. 6 months ago I was flown to training in Dallas, for 5 days for an airline job I had. This was the longest I ever was separated from my wife. We are both huge animal crossing fans. So I brought my DS with me to the hotel, and every night for 5 nights we visited each other’s towns through the train station. The funny part is the DS hates hotel WiFi’s as you need to go to a website to accept the terms and conditions, so I thanked God I had decent cell reception there, and broadcasted a WiFi from my cell phone to my DS in the hotel room so we could play together. Every night we FaceTimed and visited each other’s towns, and even tho it was through animal crossing I felt like I never left home. I was an hour behind home in central time zone, and I made it a point to get back to my room an hour early, to visit my wife’s town and she visiting me. Haha to co workers, sorry I gotta go to the room I gotta play animal crossing. How did this game bring you guys together with people you know?

Last edited:
Okay, what you said is absolutely adorable. I'm so happy you have that kind of relationship with your wife- it's so lovely!

I'd have to say that in my life, Animal Crossing was one of the ways I built a better relationship with my brothers. We always played City Folk together when we were younger- joking about the villagers, taking care of the town, decorating our houses, building the museum together, etc. We'd exchange furniture and gyroids for our collections. It was awesome.

Aside from the many other games we played together, AC was pretty special because of how different it was. It wasn't competitive. We built something together and got to see the rewards.

Super Mario Bros Wii tore us apart. Then we'd play AC and rejoyce in our friendship. lol

Back when I was a college student I used to bring my 3ds to class with me so I can Streetpass people on the way there. Usually I’d get about 2-3 streetpasses every day, sometimes the same people so I assumed they were probably on the same commute as me. There was this one person I’d streetpass ALL the time near my studio building and I suspected that someone else in the building was an animal crossing player, I just didn’t know who. It would be a long shot that I knew them anyways. One day during my lunch break before class I was playing my 3ds and I heard one of my studio mates shout my name. Turns out the person I was streetpassing that whole time was a girl I knew in my class, although we weren’t that close. We bonded over animal crossing and eventually became closer friends after that :’D

Nice! I love streetpass, it’s fun. Yeah I like the laid back part of ac, it’s fun. I rlly don’t get street passes like I used to lol

Back