New Leaf Nostalgia already

Blueskyy

You gotta know that the sky belongs to no one.
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Christmas Candy
Green Star Fragment
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Daisy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I hadn’t played my NL town in a few weeks and right now the 8 pm music is playing. It’s just the perfect nightly winding down music. I really miss the feelings I have associated with some of the music in NL. I’m not getting that yet with NH but we will see. Maybe I am weird though.

You're definitely not alone in this aspect; New Leaf and every previous title did a great job at setting the atmosphere of the game & had a more homey feeling to it. New Horizons is kinda bland on the low and kinda lacks that distinctive feeling that you usually get from playing this series. I blame it on the music, island setting and too much focus on looks vs actual interaction. I'm sure things will change though :giggle:

you’re not alone! i haven’t played new leaf in almost 3 years but i saw a screenshot from somebody’s game the other day and it made me feel so nostalgic for some reason. i also scrolled through the ‘retail’ subforum and looking at how dead it is now compared to how it was back when i joined in 2015 is kind of sad ;u;

I finally bought my 3DS charger, so I came back to my New Leaf town. My villagers missed me for 12 months, but I felt so lost among them, so I restarted my game to create new memories.

You're definitely not alone in this aspect; New Leaf and every previous title did a great job at setting the atmosphere of the game & had a more homey feeling to it. New Horizons is kinda bland on the low and kinda lacks that distinctive feeling that you usually get from playing this series. I blame it on the music, island setting and too much focus on looks vs actual interaction. I'm sure things will change though :giggle:
I could go on a monologue about how the series has gradually shifted in a negative way from PG to NH, but I completely agree with this sentiment. Basically, with each new game, you have more control over your village's long-term destiny (more furniture, more house space, PWPs in NL, terraforming in NH) while the quality of the day-to-day play gets worse (worse villager dialogue, worse music, fewer interesting events). I think AC has transitioned from a game about enjoying the little things each day and frequently interacting with your villagers regardless of who they are to a village designer game where everything is ultimately about decorating your island. If all of the villagers have bad dialogue, people are going to gravitate toward the best looking ones. Villagers have effectively become decorations and trophies in NH, and that's why we're seeing people get into arms races for dreamies. NL did a better job at rewarding planning, encouraging people to let their villages grow step-by-step, and staying engaged with their villagers. With NH, I feel like I can just do some terraforming, move some buildings and furniture around, and I'll be "done" with my island because there isn't much left to play for after that. I feel like NH won't have anywhere near the lifespan as NL at least for me because of the lack of emphasis on "soft" content. I'm sure we'll be getting more updates, but if they're just more furniture, more NPCs, and more island design options, then I don't see that as a significant improvement. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

God I miss the old New Leaf days.. I’m considering playing it for the first time in so long.

The music in New Leaf is just so good, man. Would be cool if we can get them as non-K.K. tracks some day in New Horizons.
I need my villagers in NH to sing 11 pm, 1 am, or 3 am to me! 😆 😂

Imo the only thing I kinda miss from NL is just some of the PWPs, the music, and the perfect fruits. It’s been a while since I picked up NL. I did pick it up about a month and a half ago when NH was just released and the introductory week was really slow. I’m too scared to check again now because I’m scared that one of my favorite villagers moved out.

I miss a lot of NL stuff like main streets theme and hourly. There’s some nice hourly in NH, but it’s not relaxing as NL. I still play acnl and I have no plans of not playing it anymore, it’s just that I play it time to time to check on my villagers.

I took a break from 2014 to 2018. That was enough to make most of the hourly songs sound nostalgic to me. Now it's just the ones in the afternoon that sound nostalgic, since I'm usually playing in the middle of the night or early morning.

12AM music makes me feel quite dreamy and nostalgic - New Leaf music is just the best to calm you down :)

Music makes or breaks a game like this in my opinion. I really loved WW's and NL's soundtracks, well especially the night ones, because they're so cosy, relaxing, and warming to hear when playing with a moon-lit sky.

The NH music is irritating me so much. Even GC's evening music was nice and chill (well, up until 9PM). WW will always be my favourite soundtrack for having the most gorgeous night music and good, upbeat day/morning music, and NL is a close 2nd.

I hadn’t played my NL town in a few weeks and right now the 8 pm music is playing. It’s just the perfect nightly winding down music.
8pm Is my most favourite song just because of this! I'm glad I found someone that agrees~ I did stop playing New Leaf because I completed everything and it just got boring but I always want to play it at the same time so I got myself another copy and started again and honestly? I'm glad I did. I love both my towns but my first is always going to be my favourite.

it's super weird. when NL came out, i pretty much was a kid, and now i'm basically an adult and the experience just feels different. sometimes, when i touch my copy of NL (or even my copy of WW) i feel super nostalgic and wish it just was a never-ending summer, back in 2014, when nobody cared about anything and my sister, my childhood friend and me played together and had a whole lot of fun. as much as i hate those days, i miss them undeniably. oof.

god i resonated with this thread. i actually just restarted my new leaf game bc its been forever since i last played it so all my favorites had already moved. it was a move mostly ignited by nostalgia bc its been so long since i played and i miss some of the furniture sets i used to have

I reaallllyy miss the NL soundtrack. NH's soundtrack sounds like one song remixed 24 times. I'm not quite at the point yet where I want to revisit my NL town (haven't touched it since NH came out), but now that I'm thinking about it I do kinda miss it... :(

Yes! The soundtrack of NL makes me really sad. My 3DS broke completely and now it's just not the same. I wouldn't be as sad if I could still play NL but now all I have is memories lmao.

Back