• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

all players should be able to unlock the cooking recipes. I just checked and my second character is able to get them. The only requirement I’ve heard is that your island has to be 3 stars to unlock it.
My main account was able to get it! However, my 2nd wasnt... I shall go check it out again later.. Im so sad that i havent been able to unlock it on my second account.

I just got HHP. Are we able to make vacation homes for residents/move villagers that we made vacation homes for onto our island?

You can make vacation homes for your island residents. (Putting this behind spoilers if you don't want to know the details.)

You can get souvenirs from the HHP shop. When you give it to one of your villagers, they'll mention wanting to visit the resort and you get the option to invite them over. Then you can offer to build them a vacation home by talking to them on the beach, like with other characters.

You can't move villagers from HHP onto your island. You can move them in the regular way and having built a house for them in HHP won't mess up their moving process but you can't invite them from the resort island.

How do you get a villager to move onto your island from someone else’s island?
visit them when the villager is in boxes talk to them and you can ask them to move to your island you also need space so less than 10 villages
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to get a picture from chips and all the other workers from the DLC

Last edited:
Is there a guide out there of each villager’s vacation home request in HHP/what furniture each villager unlocks? I want my next souvenir chocolates to go to a villager who’ll unlock some things I don’t have.

How do you unlock ordinances again? I know Isabelle's supposed to announce them once you update the game after ungrading the residential services building from a tent, but she hasn't on my island yet. Is there some other requirement I'm missing because the guides online rn don't say if there is. x.x

Is there a guide out there of each villager’s vacation home request in HHP/what furniture each villager unlocks? I want my next souvenir chocolates to go to a villager who’ll unlock some things I don’t have.
There are some Google sheets with that request/furniture info:
I posted this in another thread but I'd post it here as well:

Here's a complete list of HAPPY HOME PARADISE - VILLAGER REQUESTS:
NOTICE!!!

To those who unlocked the ability to purchase from the HHP catalog, are you looking for a specific item? Use this guide to find a specific furniture from a specific villager.

How do you unlock ordinances again? I know Isabelle's supposed to announce them once you update the game after ungrading the residential services building from a tent, but she hasn't on my island yet. Is there some other requirement I'm missing because the guides online rn don't say if there is. x.x
You need to have KK perform on your island (aka get your island to 3 stars) before ordinances are available.

Okay I have to ask this question. If you customize a villager's home and they ask to move out, will they keep all of the items that you customized in their home on someone's island or does it go back to their default home?

If someone was playing this game from U.S. Virgin Islands in the Carribeans, how would they answer the question of which hemisphere they're in? Northern or Southern

Hey, with the last update we're supposed to learn to cook with the Creation + in exchange of Miles, but the Creation + doesn't appear
I have all the conditions, I'm supposed to be able to have it
Does anyone knows why ?

If someone was playing this game from U.S. Virgin Islands in the Carribeans, how would they answer the question of which hemisphere they're in? Northern or Southern

it looks (on the map) like they are located in the northern hemisphere (north of the equator)

not sure if I am missing some nuance in your question. I’m sorry, if my answer seems silly.

I guess the main thing for the game would be how you want the seasons to be. You don’t have to choose the hemisphere you live in. Do you want December to be winter (northern hemisphere) or summer (Southern Hemisphere)?

In Happy Home Paradise, are there monthly challenges like in Happy Home Designer? I remember they used to unlock special characters and furniture, and I don't want to miss any this time like I did for HHD if there are any. >>;

Does the bell boom ordinance affect the HHP shop? I assume not because it isn't on your island but I want to make sure.

Since New Horizons doesn't have the whole RV system from New Leaf's Welcome Amiibo update, how does acquiring the Sanrio furniture and clothing work? Do they just get added to your catalogue so you can order them if you scan the Sanrio villagers into the campsite or something to that effect?

Are the fakes of certain art pieces (like scary) always haunted, or is haunted a seperate variant itself?

Since New Horizons doesn't have the whole RV system from New Leaf's Welcome Amiibo update, how does acquiring the Sanrio furniture and clothing work? Do they just get added to your catalogue so you can order them if you scan the Sanrio villagers into the campsite or something to that effect?

The items get added to Nook Shopping, in the same tab as the Mario items.

Back