• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Can stones be hit more than once per day? Just started out and I'm trying to collect the 30 iron nuggets for the store and was hoping to finish it off today (I'm about 10 short).

Can stones be hit more than once per day? Just started out and I'm trying to collect the 30 iron nuggets for the store and was hoping to finish it off today (I'm about 10 short).

they cannot, but I think you are able to go to mystery islands at this point (I think that is how I got materials for my store quickly) check at the airport and see if they have a ticket for you?

they cannot, but I think you are able to go to mystery islands at this point (I think that is how I got materials for my store quickly) check at the airport and see if they have a ticket for you?

Dang, I do have a ticket, but someone suggested saving it until I can carry more items. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for answering!

I've got a Japanese user (i.e. language and local settings) on my Switch because I sometimes want to download Japan-only demos from the eShop, or see what is going on in Japan.

Can I create a new inhabitant with that user on my island that has been created with my native language? Or will there be problems? I've heard AC is quite useful for Japanese learning, actually it was one of the reasons I got the game last year.

I've got a Japanese user (i.e. language and local settings) on my Switch because I sometimes want to download Japan-only demos from the eShop, or see what is going on in Japan.

Can I create a new inhabitant with that user on my island that has been created with my native language? Or will there be problems? I've heard AC is quite useful for Japanese learning, actually it was one of the reasons I got the game last year.

i don’t know about the user type you mention, but I switch back and forth between Japanese and English on my switch all the time and it causes no issues. Just make sure to close out of the game before you switch languages.

it is good for practicing Japanese imo, and the personality types make way more sense.

i don’t know about the user type you mention, but I switch back and forth between Japanese and English on my switch all the time and it causes no issues. Just make sure to close out of the game before you switch languages.

it is good for practicing Japanese imo, and the personality types make way more sense.

Oh, of course, just switching the language would also be an option..! :D Thanks. I feel stupid now.

I'm lower intermediate, the last time I've tried learning with a furigana game was with Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. There was a lot of "personality dialect" and wordplay though. I hope AC will work better for me due to its stronger focus on everyday life.

Oh, of course, just switching the language would also be an option..! :D Thanks. I feel stupid now.

I'm lower intermediate, the last time I've tried learning with a furigana game was with Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. There was a lot of "personality dialect" and wordplay though. I hope AC will work better for me due to its stronger focus on everyday life.

it does force you to slow down your game play, but the language is pretty straightforward I think, no specialized language like in fantasy and sci fi games. Blathers gives you some great basic science vocabulary too, and you’ll learn a lot more nature terms than in the standard Japanese class.

I can't imagine any explanation besides luck and not a ton of trees to choose from- furniture, as far as I know, never drops from fruit trees, even if you've picked the fruit, so the pine trees would've been the only option. I occasionally have furniture drop from the same trees multiple times, sometimes in a row. Just a random bit of luck.

Anyway, I've got a question, too. I can't find the villager photo gifting thread right now, but I'm trying to get pics, and I know fruit stack doesn't work anymore (with all the things Nintendo COULD be changing, why they chose to change that is a mystery to me, but I digress) and giant clams is more annoying, so I wanna try wrapped fruit. How many fruits do I need to wrap in order to have a chance of being handed a photo back directly? I think it's more then two, but if it's the full ten, that's too much and I'll just stick to clams I guess.
Thank you! It’s weird though, it couldn’t have been luck because it was almost a year of the same two pine trees dropping the furniture. I just counted and it’s 13 pine trees. I have a few bamboo and would have money trees and of course my fruit trees, but I think the 13 pines are the only ones that could’ve dropped furniture. It’s strange then that everyday for months and months the same exact two of the 13 dropped the furniture!

I second/third etc. what others have said about fruit and photos btw, two non-natives wrapped get me pictures still.

Will the last villager to move in ever get the move out bubble?

I have 9 permanents I want. Then I'm waiting on Kevin to ask to move out. Once he moves out, I'm only looking for two specific villagers, Kiki or Lolly.

If I don't find one of them and a random villager moves in, will the random villager ever ask to move out?

Will the last villager to move in ever get the move out bubble?

I have 9 permanents I want. Then I'm waiting on Kevin to ask to move out. Once he moves out, I'm only looking for two specific villagers, Kiki or Lolly.

If I don't find one of them and a random villager moves in, will the random villager ever ask to move out?

afraid not. the last villager who moved in can’t be the next to move out - someone else will have to move out first before they’ll be able to.

afraid not. the last villager who moved in can’t be the next to move out - someone else will have to move out first before they’ll be able to.
That's what I thought. So if I don't find either of them, the campsite or amiibo cards will be my only two options left.

What flooring is this?

Attachments

• EB80653B-24DA-41FF-A801-F71CF45CDE93.jpeg
    EB80653B-24DA-41FF-A801-F71CF45CDE93.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 16
Sometimes I go to Harvey’s and some of the items I’ve cataloged don’t show up. Is this a known glitch?

Like for example. I just put the items sorted in alphabetical order. I’ve built an umbrella stand before, but it’s just not showing on my list.

Sometimes I go to Harvey’s and some of the items I’ve cataloged don’t show up. Is this a known glitch?

Like for example. I just put the items sorted in alphabetical order. I’ve built an umbrella stand before, but it’s just not showing on my list.
Are you looking under the right letter? It's a standard umbrella stand, so it would be under S, not U.

Can we still get cherry blossom recipes or is it over? They must be rare because somehow between last year and this year, I only have the picnic set and the clock recipes! Picnic set last year, clock this year from a balloon yesterday even though I played every day and definitely collected petals. Is there another way to get them, animals crafting or something I’m missing?

Can we still get cherry blossom recipes or is it over? They must be rare because somehow between last year and this year, I only have the picnic set and the clock recipes! Picnic set last year, clock this year from a balloon yesterday even though I played every day and definitely collected petals. Is there another way to get them, animals crafting or something I’m missing?

the 10th was the last day for them, sadly. The spawn rate is pretty random, some people have more luck than others, but you are not doing anything wrong or missing anything. They only come from balloons.

it is tedious, but ‘farming’ them can be productive.

Back