• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

I know we can’t pick up flowers from another island unless it’s best friend. However can we place? Wanting to know since I want to sell some flowers and need to know how to go about this .

I know we can’t pick up flowers from another island unless it’s best friend. However can we place? Wanting to know since I want to sell some flowers and need to know how to go about this .

Yes, you can place flowers and shrubs on other people's islands without being best friends.

If I keep gifting my villagers clothing, will they eventually just stop wearing their original?

They will always have their original in their wardrobe, but the more you give them the less likely they'll wear their original top. It just won't remove it completely.

Hello, is there any way to modify what characters will visit the island if I TT? I'll miss the chance to get the aquarius vase because celeste never shows up since last month :/

Last edited:
Hello, is there any way to modify what characters will visit the island if I TT? I'll miss the chance to get the aquarius vase because celeste never shows up since last month :/

Visitors will reset whenever you log in on Sunday. So going backwards or fowards from Sunday will randomized a new set of visitors for that week. Not 100% sure if it effects Wisp and Celeste though.

Reactions: Mu~
Celeste only appears if you have a meteor shower, which isn't affected by TT'ing - the weather on your island is determined by your weather seed and can't be changed. If you always checked and she really never showed up all month, there's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately. Otherwise, maybe TT only to the days you didn't check (or at least didn't check thoroughly) and see if she shows up. She's blocked by K.K. Slider, if I'm not mistaken, so you can at least leave out days he had concerts.

Celeste only appears if you have a meteor shower, which isn't affected by TT'ing - the weather on your island is determined by your weather seed and can't be changed. If you always checked and she really never showed up all month, there's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately. Otherwise, maybe TT only to the days you didn't check (or at least didn't check thoroughly) and see if she shows up. She's blocked by K.K. Slider, if I'm not mistaken, so you can at least leave out days he had concerts.
I don't think I skipped any shower, the first of the aquarius month happened the 30th, the second on the 1st (both heavy showers), the 4th had a light shower, she didn't show up in any of those days, tomorrow I'll have another heavy one, I TT'd to check for tomorrow and no luck either.
I guess I'll have to visit someone else's island :(

I don't think I skipped any shower, the first of the aquarius month happened the 30th, the second on the 1st (both heavy showers), the 4th had a light shower, she didn't show up in any of those days, tomorrow I'll have another heavy one, I TT'd to check for tomorrow and no luck either.
I guess I'll have to visit someone else's island :(
Did you maybe miss any light showers? If it weren't for having MeteoNook already set up, I probably wouldn't notice them at all.

I heard that you can't "clean" the void anymore like how it worked in New Leaf, however the game would stop filling a plot with a voided villager once it's "empty" and the plot would also be longer available. Is this true? And how many villager can be in the void?

I heard that you can't "clean" the void anymore like how it worked in New Leaf, however the game would stop filling a plot with a voided villager once it's "empty" and the plot would also be longer available. Is this true? And how many villager can be in the void?
There's a void and queue, it sounds more like you might be talking about the queue - the void is connected to the person whose island the villager moved away from, the queue is connected to the recipient's island and was not a feature in NL, since the voided villager would simply move into your town the next day if you had space.

I don't believe having villagers in your queue affects the time it takes for an open plot to be filled, or it can at least still fill the next day even if you don't have queued villagers, it only affects which villager you get as a random move-in. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's any way to clear it once you have a villager in your queue besides letting them move in, but could be wrong.

As for the number of villagers in the queue, according to a post here, the max is four.

How long will the ogre costumes last at the Able sisters'?

Aren't they related to Chinese new year? They're probably like the Halloween costumes and Christmas clothing. I'd say all February, every February.

How long will the ogre costumes last at the Able sisters'?
Aren't they related to Chinese new year? They're probably like the Halloween costumes and Christmas clothing. I'd say all February, every February.
This says they're only available until February 3rd, since Setsubun is February 2nd/3rd. Besides the fact that it's at the beginning of the month, unlike Christmas and Halloween, it's also about driving away bad spirits like the ogres, according to Wikipedia, so it seems logical they'd get rid of the costumes, too.

I gifted Annalisa a Junihitoe Kimono for her birthday. It is her favourite style AND favourite colour AND the item of clothing she wears in her photo and poster... yet she placed it in her house instead of wearing it :cry: if I gift her another one do you think she would wear it? Or will that make the situation worse with two on display? I don't get why they don't wear some stuff when it is their fav style and colour.

If you "swap spots" for custom designs in the Custom Design app, does it mess anything up? Like I know if you upload a new design in the same slot as the old design, it will change all those paths. So if I just Swap around spots, will it change my paths? I just want to organize the app because it's a nightmare right now ha.

Campsite/game mechanics question - when trying to get a villager from a campsite to move into your island, are there any villagers that will have a higher chance to be picked?

Mostly asking because so far, every campsite villager has chosen my 5 oldest villagers multiple times before they'll pick anyone else.

I'm trying to make an island with all Japanese themed villagers. Does anyone have ideas for sisterly and peppy villagers with a Japanese design inspiration and house theme? Pinky seems more Chinese than Japanese and I can't find any sisterly villagers.

Ok I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to force villagers to wear what you want?

Sometimes I gift them things and they don’t wear them.

2. When I talk, my speak bubble is blue. How do I change the color?

3. Do pumpkins grow in the sand?

Last edited:
Back