• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Horizons 2.0.6 Update

Yeah I was trying to send mail and it said I needed to update. Can't find any info on this currently.

Yeah I was trying to send mail and it said I needed to update. Can't find any info on this currently.
It must be really new because nothing about it came up in an internet search. When I turned my Switch on I was a bit shocked to see New Horizons updating. Didn't expect anymore updates. 😯 Guess I timed my return to my Switch perfectly.

It came out today. I was playing a ton yesterday and it surprised me as I tried opening my gate right now. If anyone finds anything new I’d love to hear it, gonna assume this is just for bugfixes (and I don’t even know how many bugs are really left).

edit: come to think of it, maybe it’s to help the online. Has anyone else had issues playing online recently? It could just be us but my partner and I got a ton of disconnects in the last three days

Last edited:
I just came here to ask this. Was surprised when I tried going on and it said there was an update.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/ne...l-crossing-acnh-super-mario-maker-2-splatoon/

this video and article are the only pieces of info i’ve been able to find about it thus far. the patch notes only say that “several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience”, and the 3 other games that received an update tonight (super mario maker 2, splatoon 2 and arms) all say the same thing in their patch notes, so... not sure anyone knows what the update was for, yet haha.

it fixing any multiplayer connectivity issues or patching out the use of mods like @/Drawdler and @/Insulaire said are solid guesses, but hopefully someone will datamine since none of the several fixed issues seem to have been noticed yet, and nintendo’s patch notes are uncharacteristically vague this time around. 🧐

i dont know if this matters or not...

i did the update tonight and i went mystery island hopping *to find bamboo island* and when i got there *quickly too, even though the last time that i went through island hopping i also got that island and this time it only took 4 nmt to get there*.

i cleared out the entire place much faster than i had previously *on many occasions* and the tarantula population was far better now than it was before. the only problem that i had was with the hermit crabs spawning.

it took me about 2 hours less this time than it has other times. my date in game is dec 6, 2022.

maybe the update effected it?

Wait my game just got updated and I'm just seeing this thread
idk what this is about I can't find any info about the update yet
maybe it's just bug fixes?

It's just bug fixes. A similar update also just went live for Mario Maker 2, ARMS, and Splatoon 2.

Darn, yeah was surprised to see one myself, but begged myself not to get any hopes up since it could’ve been bug fixes etc. At least they didn’t abandon the game entirely lol

I came across this last night. Since this is a 0.0.1 update, it should really be nothing more than bug fixes.

--
1668525585613.png

Last edited:
I've been trying to find anything that was changed, buffed or nerfed, but I am having a hard time seeing any difference. So I am just like "Meh its only just a minor bug fix"

Would've been nice if they'd have put in a few new items with this patch like more New Year's arches or holiday items, but alas, no. Guess I'll have to play Pocket Camp for new event items. (Seriously why does PC always seem to have events going on and NH doesn't?)

Back