• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Horizon Updates Year 2 - Predictionrama!!

1. Better Villager Dialogue. In my opinion I really want villagers to say different things every day without repeating the same topics

2. Shop upgrades. Seriously we've had only 2 upgrades in this game. We need more

3. Improve the online. Those loading screens need to be improved. Have it to where you can still move while someone else is leaving or comin.

4. Show indication when a tool is about to break. Seriously its so hard to tell whenever your tool is new or about to break.

5. Have more apps on the Nookphone. Apps like Trading, Phone calls to your villagers, and Dodo airlines when to open gates should be there.

6. Improve Terraforming. There should be samples to use whenever you want to make a huge cliff without having to make it one at a time. Same thing with rivers.

7. Have Resident Services be moved. Restarting your island should not force you to have a different location for RS. We want to move it.

8. Have Tom Nook buy out your island if you choose to delete it. This was in New Leaf Welcome Amiibo so you can still have a lot of bells in your ATM when you restart your island just to have an easier time buying back all the furniture and rebuilding bridges and inclines.

9. Bring back the Re-Tail shop. This would fix the issue of the whole island variant customization with items that can only be bought by different people on different islands.

10. Allow Isabelle to kick out a unwanted villager. Isabelle hasn't really done much but if she can help you move a villager instead of waiting like 15 days for them to move out, that will help save a lot of time for people who choose not to time travel.

I think 2 is almost definately going to happen, 3 is definately something I'd love. It takes quite a while to have a 8 person party, let us have lobby system where we set a dodo code for a lobby and people join, when ready everyone comes at once.

4 I'd like a little wobbly animation or something

5 an app I always thought would be cool would be after say 30 daily visits from an islander you can call them to come the next day.....but you can only do this for a guest once a week, would really help those of us who can't play every day.

7 would love to put RS on 2nd level so I can have a true cliffside town :)

9 I actually think this could happen or a variation of this, even if not run by Reese & Cyrus. An expansion to nooks could include a new vender who can enhance certain items so they can be further customised
Post automatically merged:

I'm excited for Lottie's return but also a bit nervous it's only going to be a limited time event like Reese's and Cyrus's photo studio.

Hopefully we get a shopping district (on another island, like Harvey's) where we can setup a school, hospital, plus other facilities (like in HHD.)

I hope Kappn and Brewster return as well.
I'd love villagers to be able to swim too, I'd really love an option with villagers at a certain level to say "let's hang out" and you can go to your home, go shopping or swimming together or even play a minigame with them, it would make your relationship and island time even more special.

I'm also optimistic about a shopping style district, an expansion for NH could bring something like this and even some missing npc's could have new stores with new functions.

I think brewster will be back pocket camp style, so with a little cart as travelling salesman at first. And maybe like with mable after you purchased or seen him enough he'll be able to set up a cafe in the museum or something idk.

I think that would be cute

I'm hoping we see things like sea creature models and some new general purpose furniture sets instead of holiday themed ones.

Lottie appearing in the datamine baffled me because I really don't know what we'd do with her. Her role in NL was to give you the HHD-style interior design which you get by default in NH.
When the diving update first came out I tried making a starfish model with CJ, I was super disappointed that those weren't added!

When the diving update first came out I tried making a starfish model with CJ, I was super disappointed that those weren't added!
I had a feeling he wouldn't make them when I had some sea creatures in my inventory and he wouldn't even buy them. 😔 Major disappointment for sure. Especially since some of the sea creatures' display tanks don't do the actual creature justice, they're just an open container that you can sort of see the creature in. That's why it's one of my biggest hopes for an update (and I also feel like it's not even that unrealistic that it's pointless for me to get my hopes up)

Off the top of my head, these are the things I hope to see this year:

- Being able to buy multiple items at once from Abel's, like some kind of cart system. I'm so tired of having to go in and out of that dressing room just to nab multiple pieces of clothing. So tedious and time consuming.
- Crafting more than one item at a time! Sometimes I'm trying to make multiples of the same item and it sucks to have to craft everything one at a time.
- More Nook's Cranny store upgrades! Why does it stop at two? Why???
- PLEASE bring back old furniture sets! I miss the Rococo set SO much, and the Gracie sets too.

i don't have any wild expectations but i'm pretty much expecting brewster and a shop upgrade this year, and i'm interested to see how they go about doing that. if they make any huge changes then i'd be most excited to see something like tortimer's island return because that kept me playing new leaf long after i'd squeezed the rest of the content dry, plus it just makes sense with the new island theme.

This is my speculation and some sort of a wishlist for the whole year, and not just for the next update.
  • Brewster. Early datamine findings suggest that the Roost will be part of the museum. There's also a dedicated museum for gyroids as well. I do like having a dedicated gyroid display, rather than them taking up storage.
  • Resident Services upgrade.If we can't have more buildings, then it is possible to have the RS upgraded and turned into a community center.
    • Tom Nook already being the head of HHA and seeing the chances of Lottie's return, I could see HHA having an office of their own. This expansion could provide us with more house customization options that were present in HHD.
    • Also, the police station and post office would fit right in.
  • Nook's Cranny Upgrade. What I really want from this are dedicated stores for NPCs: Leif & Kicks finally having their own shops, Reese & Cyrus's Re-Tail, Harriet's salon/spa, Dr. Shrunk gets his own venue (and for KK), & Gracie's boutique.
    • If Leif & Kicks get their own places, we can have Katrina & Wendell as new visitors.
    • The upgrade would open up more furniture sets (and hopefully the return of fortune cookies) to become available.
  • Kapp'n & family might keep the Island Tours. And if it does, I can see them returning for the Summer update. I seriously doubt we'll get the same thing but more content is always welcome. Also, it's a perfect time to bring back the tropical fruits.
  • The other datamined crops (Tomato, Wheat, Sugar Cane, Potato, Carrot) can be added for fall, just in time for the Harvest Festival.
  • Hopefully, igloos and the snowfolk family return this year.

Kapp'n & family might keep the Island Tours. And if it does, I can see them returning for the Summer update. I seriously doubt we'll get the same thing but more content is always welcome. Also, it's a perfect time to bring back the tropical fruits.

If this were to happen, and he does use the dock on your island, then it only makes me wonder why Nintendo put 8 chairs in the airport? To make it feel like an airport (even though all of those chairs serve literally no purpose, besides to be a place where players can just sit down in the airport while doing nothing.

Sure Kapp'n can run the minigames just like Tortimer did in New Leaf, but I would imagine the airport would be where we select what minigame we wanna play.

If this were to happen, and he does use the dock on your island, then it only makes me wonder why Nintendo put 8 chairs in the airport? To make it feel like an airport (even though all of those chairs serve literally no purpose, besides to be a place where players can just sit down in the airport while doing nothing.

Sure Kapp'n can run the minigames just like Tortimer did in New Leaf, but I would imagine the airport would be where we select what minigame we wanna play.

The 8 chairs might simply represent the maximum 8 people that can be on your island (8 residents / 7 visitors + you ).

EDIT:
Also, honestly, I have a far more wishful idea... an island resort.

A resort run by Kapp'n and his family that could act like the Main Street from New Leaf. Amenities include:
- a hotel that might have 4-8 random villagers (that we can potentially invite)
- island tours (for minigames)
- police station (Booker & Copper)
- post office (The Pelicans)
- cafe (Brewster)
- HHA (Lottie, Lyle, Digby)
- a mall filled with NPC shops & venues (Leif, Kicks, Reese, Cyrus, Harriet, Gracie, Wendell, Dr. Shrunk, Katrina)

If we can't have them all in our island, then an island dedicated to them could work.

Last edited:
i'd be incredibly surprised if we didn't get more shop upgrades. who knows if we'll ever get anything as extravagant as the t&t emporium but there's no way they can just stop at 2 upgrades.

a smaller improvement i'd really like is for isabelle to announce what npcs are visiting that day. if not that, then bring back the police station so copper/booker can let you know who is visiting and perhaps either take you directly to the npc (if they're the wandering type like sahara, etc) or force the npc to meet you at the station. likewise they could do the same with villagers as well, since having a huge and elaborate island can make it hard to find specific villagers if they're not in their homes.

What I hope is better villager Dialogue! I would love it if the villagers had likes and dislikes in new horizons. Something they'd totally freak out over if you gave it to them. And dialogue where they'd be like "Oh I hate Blue Argyle Sweaters" or something! It would really spice up the dialogue. I also want villagers to absolutely HATE me, like in the old games where you worked for friendship. in NH everyone likes you, right away. It would really make the friendships more meaningful if you worked for them. (In my opinion. Anyways.)

I also really want mini-games to return. When I play with friends I don't feel like there is much we can do aside from showing off our towns, And houses. Especially since you can have eight people at once now! And hear me out, the dock would be a great way to bring back Tortimer Island and the mini-games. There isn't much of a use for it except for catching fish. I would love for Kapp'n' to return!

Lastly I want more interactions, with NPC's and all, I miss Tom Nook's dialogue from the starting of the game. I want to have friendships with NPC's like with Sable! I think it would be fun. and it would make the game a bit more interactive, aside from only the villagers and such.

My main prediction for year 2 would be Brewster returning to the game, he's a really popular NPC and he's been requested so much that I can't really foresee him not returning to the game within the next year. I like the suggestion of having the option to choose whether he moved into the museum or had a separate building on the island as I don't really have much room on my island so would prefer him to be in the museum but other people have a spot where they'd like to be able to place his cafe.

Other predictions/wishlist for year 2:
  • Nooks Cranny upgrade - I think this is likely to happen during the year as it hasn't had many upgrades compared to previous games and there's scope for it to expand and either house an NPC(s) permanently or temporarily and sell more stock each day
  • past or new furniture sets added to the game - I like the furniture in NH but there just never seems to be enough when I'm decorating and I really miss a lot of the sets from NL so I'd love for them all to be reintroduced into the game throughout year 2, along with a couple of new sets, which would tie in nicely with the Nooks upgrade
  • shopping cart at Able Sisters - buying clothing or accessory items from the changing room is such a pain, especially when I want to get all colour variants of something but I have to go in and out multiple times to buy it all, these days I sometimes avoid visiting just to save on the hassle so having the option to add everything to a cart and buy it all at once would really improve this
  • minigames and tours - these were really fun in NL and I always enjoyed taking part in all the tours when visiting Tortimers Island and reintroducing the mini games would be a good way to improve online gameplay and give people more fun things to do on their islands
  • change airport colour - I'm happy with my airport colour and honestly don't really expect the option to change colour to be introduced but I'd like it to be added to the game so I could see what the other colours were like on my island, maybe it could be something that is achieved by paying a large amount of bells and then the Nook item variations would change to match the new colour, giving people chance to get other variations not currently on their island without needing to trade
  • remove furniture/clothes from villagers homes - there have been too many times when I've made the mistake of delivering a gift from one villager to another only to find it's some dreadful item that has ruined their wardrobe or house interior so the option to easily remove any of these would be greatly appreciated

Not me googling if UNIQLO will do a collab with Animal Crossing New Horizons and get tricked TT

Yes i googled it, and saw that there's an official ac shirts. When I saw it, it says out of stock. And i was really shocked how i never knew about it. Then...I saw the date.
Posted xxx xx 2017.

let me just cry in here

yes i don't have any predictions for it.

I'd be so beyond happy if the following happened this year:
  1. Brewster's return. I'd be happiest if he had his own café, but at this point I'd take anything - him having a place in the museum or something else!
  2. Nook's Cranny upgrade. I'd be very shocked if this didn't happen this year.
  3. Tortimer's Island return. The mini games would be so fun!

Is this for prediction that we think are actually going to happen or what we would like to hope is coming?

I don't want to kill the vibes here, but if I'm being honest, my real predictions are small stuff. Like updating all the holidays to have more furniture. Maybe the Zelda furniture coming back. A few different orderables on that special online shopping app for the season/holiday in lieu of an actual holiday (like how they did April Fools dirty) I mean we got a whoopee cushion, but Football and Prom got 4-5 different items with different color variations. Maybe some different emotions and hairstyles?

If this does end up being the case and I don't see any good updates in the next two months or so, I might just keep this game on the backburner.

However, I would love it if they gave us some nice QoL features, Brewster, Gyroids, updates, the different shops from the past games, NPC returning, and NPC like Lief/Kicks getting a shop of their own. Not all at once, but it'd be nice to see this happen.

I wonder if Brewster's return will have somewhere for KK to perform too, like in Wild World. Because let's be honest, KK performing in front of Resident Services is so... awkward? He just takes up so much space and is right in your face when you step outside. I feel like it would make sense for him to move to the café once it's available but that is wishful thinking at this point.

The leaked Lottie's return is not hinting at her bring new house decor mechanics or upgrades. But she'll be the new npc on the May Day Island Maze for workplace appreciation.

I would love to see the coffee shop come back maybe with hot chocolate and cakes also I would love to be able to make food for my villagers

Here's a bit of interesting rumors:

tldr;
- Possible new sets of amiibo cards incoming this year
- more Nintendo franchise anniversaries (aside from Mario) will be celebrated in the game
- some fan favorite animals returning

My thoughts and understanding from what I've read:
- The 8 new villagers (Raymond, Judy, Audie, etc) will finally get amiibo.
- More Nintendo items (rather than fortune cookies) dropping. It will come in batches and per franchise. Zelda (35th), Pokemon (25th), Donkey Kong (40th) and Metroid (35th) all have anniversary celebrations this year.
- Fan favorite animals... *crosses fingers for* Brewster! Kapp'n!

Real or not, I only have myself to blame for my own hype and expectations.

Here's a bit of interesting rumors:

tldr;
- Possible new sets of amiibo cards incoming this year
- more Nintendo franchise anniversaries (aside from Mario) will be celebrated in the game
- some fan favorite animals returning

My thoughts and understanding from what I've read:
- The 8 new villagers (Raymond, Judy, Audie, etc) will finally get amiibo.
- More Nintendo items (rather than fortune cookies) dropping. It will come in batches and per franchise. Zelda (35th), Pokemon (25th), Donkey Kong (40th) and Metroid (35th) all have anniversary celebrations this year.
- Fan favorite animals... *crosses fingers for* Brewster! Kapp'n!

Real or not, I only have myself to blame for my own hype and expectations.
Oooh that's so exciting! Interesting they said about not taking attention away from Monster Hunter for April. I wonder when they're thinking of scheduling the next update for.

I can't imagine "fan favourite animals" would mean anything other than Brewster, so fingers crossed!

Back