• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Horizon Updates Year 2 - Predictionrama!!

mattu

Bells
Ok so starting a thread to predict New Horizons year 2 updates....who's in, who's out what new features items will we get....what heartbreak will befall us all..

Few ground rules first
  1. No specific format, you can storyboard it out, bullet point it, link to a NHY2 Visual Roadmap you built in illustrator, however you want to get it across
  2. Everyone's opinion is valid
  3. Feel free to be as crazy and optimistic as you like....I know I will....or negative if that's your flavour :)
  4. goes without saying all the normal forum rules apply
  5. Lastly, I've tried to give a kinda semi prediction on what I think will happen more than my...I want ok motors to give us sailing boats...kind hope
So here are mine.....
  • Brewster and the Roost will make an appearance (I'm launching another thread specifically for discussion on my favourite pigeon-barista so get ready for my fan-boi-ishness)
    • This will include Gyroids and the option to work the Roost as before. It will also have special characters returning so we can hang out with them on the downtime
    • New Building or in the Museum, I'd say looking at the data mine it's 50/50....(convo's about the datamine are for another time)
    • I did have an idea though that it could be added to a fixed spot on the island...kinda like Redd and the secret beach. I actually thought the dock would be cool, so think how Dodo expands out and has a little walkway you can still fish and dive off. This would give the Roost a beach vibe and save on space. Just an idea
  • The Oceans expand....with special diving gear we can visit the ocean floor
    • You purchase diving equipment from Nooks that allows you to go to the ocean floor and hunt for even more sea creatures for the museum, a new special character is introduced you can meet on the ocean floor and exchange items for a new furniture set
    • Potentially the ocean floor could be decorated just like on land.....but...yeah that's just a stretch
    • I also love the idea Kapp'n comes back but his function now is to take us out on the ocean past the barrier and we can fish for more larger sea creatures....if that's possible.
  • Minigames
    • I'm not sure if Tortimers Island will come back just like New Leaf still I really want to play all the minigames with AC friends. I can see this being a big summer update and even breaking out minigames over multiple "waves".
  • Nooks Cranny upgrades
    • another room sees Leif open a gardening department and another special character return to provide new furniture sets...perhaps Gracie Grace?
  • Cooking Makes an entrance
    • So we've seen the rumours.....I think cooking would be an amazing fit for AC, it's perfect. We can cook dishes gift our islanders presents and generally just had so much fun
    • My wish, if this happens is that it works different from usual DIYS, and takes inspiration from Breath of the Wild, instead we use a stove or pot etc and get to put ingredients in at will and a particular recipe will pop out, when we does we get the diy so can make it again
  • Katrina will come back as a daily villager
    • The nook app was a hint, she'll return to the plaza and instead of luke this time, will predict our future which will give a special condition to happen, like finding more gold, or certain weather, turnip prices, special visitors
  • Lastly more brand collab's will be launched bringing us exclusive in game items and maybe some themed villagers (Similar to Sanrio, but not sure the brand yet.....could be similar in theme to AC or could even be Ikea, Uniqlo etc)
That's mine....now you :)

Lottie has a potential to return because her melody parameters (the jingle that plays when you talk to them) have been updated. This happened to Sanrio characters prior to their return.

There were also indications of villagers automatically wearing wetsuits, hospital and school uniforms. But the instances that trigger these outfit changes are absent.

I also vaguely remember mentions of ceiling furniture, code-wise.

Oh, and Isabelle's dialogue have code references to visitors, which could mean that she might announce visiting NPCs in the future.

Last edited:
Definitely agree that Brewster + minigames + Katrina will return. Hopefully the minigames are Tortimer Island and Kapp'n returns.

I predict there will be a very big furniture update that includes a shop upgrade and all the old furniture sets come back, including the Gracie sets

they have to bring back Brewster, i need him on my island. i also miss the mini games from NL, would love to see those return, i also miss having the observatory, i dont mind not having celeste full time but would be nice to be able to star gaze etc

I think everyone has been so loud about wanting Brewster they can't ignore it and I think they get the message.

I hope there's a lot more collabs like with other Nintendo products like Pokemon or any kind of game that was like family friendly. Like I already know that they have all the Mario stuff and that's a Nintendo property. I doubt that the Pokemon stuff would be included because that's not exactly a Nintendo property, might be wrong there. But think of all the sweet hoodie esigns that you could make.

I doubt that they're going to have any outside brand collabs because they don't want to have to deal with the legal fees and other restrictions and stuff.

I think that they're going to release more opportunities to design clothes, and extend it down to shoes, pants, and other things like that. (I don't know, what else are we missing from New leaf?)

At this point, if they weren't planning to add Brewster I think just from fan response that they plan to add him at some point, lol. I'd be confident to say that gyroids and working for him would return as well, and maybe coincide with a museum upgrade? Whether or not the upgrade would be a new space for Brewster or for displaying gyroids idk.

I see them doing another upgrade similar to the expanded designs slots - maybe even more of them, or more things that can be customized.

I'm also expecting the datamine about villager visits to become a reality. I think they've shown that they are listening to fans (or are on the exact same page about what features to bring back, add, etc). I know the datamine mentioned villagers commenting on ceiling furniture, but that's something I don't see happening

Lottie has a potential to return because her melody parameters (the jingle that plays when you talk to them) have been updated. This happened to Sanrio characters prior to their return.

Ooo I didn't know about that - I can see them adding her along with the villager visit update, like a full focus on our homes and how to make them better.

Oh, and Isabelle's dialogue have code references to visitors, which could mean that she might announce visiting NPCs in the future.

Omg maybe they have seen all the complaints about how she never has news - reporting on visiting NPCs would be so helpful ahhhh!!

I would love to see Brewster return but have a feeling he won’t be back until the fall.
It would be nice if he had his own building. I have a spot picked out for it. For those that don’t want a new building maybe it could be optional. New building or inside the museum.
It would be great if the part job and rewards came back. I would also like if we could buy the sandwiches , donuts and ice cream the villagers walk around with.
Gyroids. I have only liked a few of them but would like them back for the people that do like them.

I hope mini-games come back in the summer. Along with the missing fruit.
Maybe have the islands like in new leaf. One island you can go to with your friends and one where you can meet new people. They could bring back some of the missing furniture sets as rewards.

I would like to see Lottie return in the spring. She could be added to resident services.
She would give you new options for your home. Or let you customize RS, shops villager houses.
It could be something you unlock after customizing your own house a certain amount of times.
Nook’s cranny upgrade would be nice. I think there would have have more furniture added.
Have Gracie come back with her sets and be upstairs. Or upstairs could have some color variations or the missing sets from NL.

Probably not going to happen but I would like Leif to have his own shop. He could sell houseplants and bring back the missing ones. Let you store flowers , trees and bushes. Kicks and Label could be upstairs in the Ables shop.

There were also indications of villagers automatically wearing wetsuits, hospital and school uniforms. But the instances that trigger these outfit changes are absent.

I also vaguely remember mentions of ceiling furniture, code-wise.

I'm excited for Lottie's return but also a bit nervous it's only going to be a limited time event like Reese's and Cyrus's photo studio.

Hopefully we get a shopping district (on another island, like Harvey's) where we can setup a school, hospital, plus other facilities (like in HHD.)

I hope Kappn and Brewster return as well.

hopping on the 'i want Brewster back' bandwagon because at this point everybody's been so vocal about wanting him back, surely if they had zero plans to do so they would have made some kind of announcement to put the rumours to bed? but maybe that's just me being optimistic. Also definitely think we're long overdue another nook's cranny upgrade - previous games had multiple but we've been stuck with the same one since a month in. An upgrade would also leave room for Gracie to return, potentially bringing a larger purpose to Labelle's fashion checks.
Mini games would be nice - part of me doesn't see them returning, but equally part of me hopes the dock isn't going to go completely unused and Kapp'n is gonna occupy it! or alternatively, it'd be nice to see Kapp'n return not to take us to an island to play games but take us to a larger shopping area, like others have said, containing a proper shop for Leif and perhaps the reintroduction of Katrina.
i'm almost afraid to get my hopes up too much about updates because in the past we've definitely overtheorised and been disappointed with otherwise fairly decent updates, but if nothing else Brewster is my top priority/desire!

surely if they had zero plans to do so they would have made some kind of announcement to put the rumours to bed?
As far as I'm aware companies do not do this, because if they started denying things that weren't true, the absence of a denial would indicate something is true.
But if they keep quiet, then people aren't able to work out if it's true or not, meaning they can keep things a surprise.

It is annoying, but it's certainly in their best interests to not deny rumours.

As far as I'm aware companies do not do this, because if they started denying things that weren't true, the absence of a denial would indicate something is true.
But if they keep quiet, then people aren't able to work out if it's true or not, meaning they can keep things a surprise.

It is annoying, but it's certainly in their best interests to not deny rumours.
yeah, i think that's just me being optimistic and like you say, having the absence of a denial suggest it'll come eventually lmao - back to just hoping for the best

so in the datamine brewster got mentioned like other features such as cooking so i am hopeful but on the other hand i also don't want to get my hopes up too much.. if brewster doesn't appear this fall then i don't think he will ever return and as for the mini games hopefully we will get those back in summer. we know that nintendo does listen to the fanbase because they have added many improvements over time, i just wish they would be more open about their plans i guess...

but yeah overall there isn't much i am wishing for as i am very happy with the current state of new horizons already, the only things i really want back are brewster and the mini games and some quality of life improvements

I’m personally hoping Wendell comes back in some form, maybe to sell sea creature models or to buy them for extra like Chip and Flick. I also think we’ll see gyroids again and some kind of expansion to the photo studio.

I’m still hoping for gyroids (so I guess Brewster as well, since they are kind of something that should be included together).

Biggest dissapointment would be never getting dead trees again. I don’t think that will happen. I was kind of hoping it would happen on winter or Halloween, but it didn’t happen.

Somethings I would hope they add: on Halloween: the creepy set. I miss the coffin and the wall wallpaper. Maybe even add the old flooring ( we have have the old wallpaper , why not the flooring?)

I hope the next one will be a big update, kind of like what Welcome Amiibo was for New Leaf. Tons more furniture sets and NPC's from previous games, Gyroids and Brewster, Museum shops run by Flick and CJ, in their respective sections. I also want Tortimer's Island to return, which you can only get to by boat, and to pretty much be the same as New Leaf in regards to online play, minigames and exclusive items for sale. I also would like perfect fruit to make a return, along with the dead trees you got from shaking them too much.

I hope we get a big update with gyroids in the museum and Brewster, the game really needs more interactivity and dialogue options with villagers too.

1. Better Villager Dialogue. In my opinion I really want villagers to say different things every day without repeating the same topics

2. Shop upgrades. Seriously we've had only 2 upgrades in this game. We need more

3. Improve the online. Those loading screens need to be improved. Have it to where you can still move while someone else is leaving or comin.

4. Show indication when a tool is about to break. Seriously its so hard to tell whenever your tool is new or about to break.

5. Have more apps on the Nookphone. Apps like Trading, Phone calls to your villagers, and Dodo airlines when to open gates should be there.

6. Improve Terraforming. There should be samples to use whenever you want to make a huge cliff without having to make it one at a time. Same thing with rivers.

7. Have Resident Services be moved. Restarting your island should not force you to have a different location for RS. We want to move it.

8. Have Tom Nook buy out your island if you choose to delete it. This was in New Leaf Welcome Amiibo so you can still have a lot of bells in your ATM when you restart your island just to have an easier time buying back all the furniture and rebuilding bridges and inclines.

9. Bring back the Re-Tail shop. This would fix the issue of the whole island variant customization with items that can only be bought by different people on different islands.

10. Allow Isabelle to kick out a unwanted villager. Isabelle hasn't really done much but if she can help you move a villager instead of waiting like 15 days for them to move out, that will help save a lot of time for people who choose not to time travel.

I'm hoping we see things like sea creature models and some new general purpose furniture sets instead of holiday themed ones.

Lottie appearing in the datamine baffled me because I really don't know what we'd do with her. Her role in NL was to give you the HHD-style interior design which you get by default in NH.

Back