• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Buying Need last two bugs!

ElCid

Bells
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Tasty Cake
Sky Clouds Scenery
Perfect Peach
Mango
Feedback
100% (16) +
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need help filling the final two spots in my museum before the servers close. I need a scorpion, which I've had absolutely no luck catching, and a fly, which I seem to be unable to get due to my town's ordinance. I'll give a reasonable TBT donation to anyone who can assist me with this before April 8!

I don't think you can catch scorpions / tarantulas when your gates are open! As for the fly, I think you can put spoiled turnips / candy on the ground?

Hi! Like MrBox said, scorpions and tarantulas won’t spawn while your gates are open. Fishes, bugs and deep-sea creatures also can’t be traded since they can’t be dropped, and other players can’t donate to your museum, so I’m afraid you’ll have to catch the scorpion and fly yourself. Best of luck! 💜

I tried laying out garbage for flies, but it didn't work, and candy only attracts ants ;w;

I tried laying out garbage for flies, but it didn't work, and candy only attracts ants ;w;
yeah, I think perfect fruit and candy only attract ants.. as for the flies.. i'm reading a bit online since I haven't played NL in a while- but the flies will not be flying around, but rather - sitting on top of the rotten turnips or garbage so they will be harder to spot.
and it looks like ants and flies can spawn on the turnip/garbage at the same time?
based off of this video (time stamp 5:41)
it looks like they're using the method of going in and out of a building to spawn stuff on it!

Okay, good <:3 Unfortunately, I've never had a single bit of luck with the scorpion, it charges and stings before I even realize it's there just cause I carry a tool by default :'c

Okay, good <:3 Unfortunately, I've never had a single bit of luck with the scorpion, it charges and stings before I even realize it's there just cause I carry a tool by default :'c
I believe in you!
I've noticed this with the scorpion and tarantula- but they make some sounds if you're near them! You may be able to use that to your advantage to catch them!
As for the tool- hm. May go tool-less for a while and use the d pad when you see the bug?

The tarantula's easy, I've caught that one--it only attacks if you get too close with specifically the net. <:3

Back