• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Need help naming your island and islanders? Ask here!

I'm looking for a British Colony sounding island name, like how IRL we have the Falklands (but not actually that). As for Character, naming isn't my issue, but gender. I'm male, but I have this weird desire to play as a female, just so it feels different, if that makes sense.

I'm looking for a British Colony sounding island name, like how IRL we have the Falklands (but not actually that). As for Character, naming isn't my issue, but gender. I'm male, but I have this weird desire to play as a female, just so it feels different, if that makes sense.

Hey nothing wrong with playing a female as a guy! I'm female and enjoy playing guys in a lot of games, though my NH character is female as I think their clothing options and hair styles are cuter. If you wanna play a female, go ahead! You can always change it later if you decide you'd rather play a guy anyway!

Island name

I named my island Rosehill it’s the name of the area as to where I live, and why not xxxx

- - - Post Merge - - -

I named my island Rosehill it’s the name of the area as to where I live, and why not xxxx

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Great concept, I,m female but I have two characters one girl one boy.

Great concept, I,m female but I have two characters one girl one boy.

I am glad that it is totally normal in this game to play the opposite gender. I've gender swapped in single player games, but multiplayer I always worried people would judge me. Nice to know the AC community is a good bunch.

I'm still struggling with the name though. I could just call it Empire Isle, but I want something more unique, that still gives off the colony vibe.

I am Athelwyn of Ruddyoak--this was also my main mayor & town name from New Leaf. I used them again because that town meant the world to me. That's also the problem--I'm indecisive because it feels like I'm creating a false copy of that town, and now I'm wondering if I should start over with something new.

(The names came from an old LotR computer game--Athelwyn was a ranger/sorceress and Ruddyoak was an Ent. Both my NL town and my NH island are LotR-themed.)

So i've been thinking about creating a Town that pays hommage to Studio Ghibli's movies, but i cannot come up with a name for the character and the island.

So far i thought about Jiburi or maybe Giburi as the town's name, but i am kind of uncertain.

So i've been thinking about creating a Town that pays hommage to Studio Ghibli's movies, but i cannot come up with a name for the character and the island.

So far i thought about Jiburi or maybe Giburi as the town's name, but i am kind of uncertain.

As a fan of Ghibli movies, this makes me very happy! Which movie is your favorite? You could use that as inspiration for the town name and build an idea from there.

As a fan of Ghibli movies, this makes me very happy! Which movie is your favorite? You could use that as inspiration for the town name and build an idea from there.
Whisper of the Heart is my favorite movie and it seems to take place in Tokyo. Not sure i want to name it after a real-life location though, because it might break the immersion.

I really love Howl's moving castle and Princess Mononoke aswell.

Last edited:
Whisper of the Heart is my favorite movie and it seems to take place in Tokyo. Not sure i want to name it after a real-life location though, because it might break the immersion.

I really love Howl's moving castle and Princess Mononoke aswell.

Mononoke kinda sounds cute, but it's probably not what you're looking for.

Mononoke kinda sounds cute, but it's probably not what you're looking for.

I thought about it to be honest! At first, i was thinking about naming it either Irontown or Mononoke, because i wanted it to have a nature vs urbanization theme.

I would chose a map that is separated by a river and then make a urbanized city in one side and a beautiful forest in the other.

However, i was afraid Irontown would seem out of place because it's very non-animal crossing sounding, it's the opposite of cute.

On the other hand, Mononoke is more cute, but it might also be too on the nose.

So I already named my island, but in case we can change it in the future or I restart...
I'm a big fan of Kero chan from cardcaptor Sakura, wanted a name related to him.

My island’s name is Ardenn and I love it so much. It’s the best name I’ve given an Animal Crossing town.

I’m not sure what inspired me to name it that. I remember reading Shakespeare in school a few years and the name “Ardenne” came up. It just stuck with me, I guess. I prefer it with two Ns and no E.

My character’s name is my real name: Raven. Yes, that’s my legal first name. Sometimes people think that it’s some kind of gaming persona but it’s my actual name.

Do you guys like the name Amity Isle? I was also considering Newport
Those both are great names but if I had to choose I'd say Amity Isle

I went with Avalon. The Welsh meaning of which can also mean isle of apples...too bad I only have peaches. Coulda planned that one a little better I suppose. :cautious:

I need help with naming my islander and Island name, It going to be fantasy type

Islander name example: Zelda (It's a nice name but, to mainstream)
Island name example: WinterLite (< I actually like this one but, I'm not settled on it. I want to get more Idea's)

Please and thank-you

I need help with naming my islander and Island name, It going to be fantasy type

Islander name example: Zelda (It's a nice name but, to mainstream)
Island name example: WinterLite (< I actually like this one but, I'm not settled on it. I want to get more Idea's)

Please and thank-you

Skyrim

Idk why but that’s the first fantasy-style name that came to mind that isn’t Hyrule 🤣

Nevermind! Please ignore this post

Hi! I'm thinking of a name for my second island, what do y'all think of these:

Koi Kliff/ Koi Cliff (I love Koi fish and I thought of Koi Cove and Cape Koi as well. I would consider Cliff with a K because it reminds me of K.K. Slider.)

Last edited:
Back