• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Need help naming your island and islanders? Ask here!

I'll be playing NH tomorrow for the first time and I hadn't thought about this..... Not for a long while at least. I spent so long trying not to think about it that I saw this thread and it now just occurred to me, I need an island name.

So for obvious reasons this isn't urgent at all, but... I really need help thinking of a name for the guest account! My island's name is Phyre and it's a medieval kingdom-inspired island. All other accounts use real names. My thoughts so far:
  1. Ash - it's a real name, goes really well with the fire imagery, plus it's gender neutral. But I don't know how a guest would feel about playing under a real name that isn't theirs.
  2. Chandler - it could pass as a name, would fit the island since every villager has a sort of medieval shop (Bianca runs a tavern, Molly is a potter, etc), also fits the fire imagery, but it's not really that gender neutral, and sounds a lot like Chad.
  3. Ambassador - fits both the guest role and the island's theme, but it's not a real name, so it doesn't really fit in and having villagers ask me if I know Ambassador's favorite tv show would be pretty weird.
I'm very very open to other suggestions!

So for obvious reasons this isn't urgent at all, but... I really need help thinking of a name for the guest account! My island's name is Phyre and it's a medieval kingdom-inspired island. All other accounts use real names. My thoughts so far:
  1. Ash - it's a real name, goes really well with the fire imagery, plus it's gender neutral. But I don't know how a guest would feel about playing under a real name that isn't theirs.
  2. Chandler - it could pass as a name, would fit the island since every villager has a sort of medieval shop (Bianca runs a tavern, Molly is a potter, etc), also fits the fire imagery, but it's not really that gender neutral, and sounds a lot like Chad.
  3. Ambassador - fits both the guest role and the island's theme, but it's not a real name, so it doesn't really fit in and having villagers ask me if I know Ambassador's favorite tv show would be pretty weird.
I'm very very open to other suggestions!
What about Noble? Can go either way, in terms of sounding like a name and a title that fits your theme. Also not gender specific and the player will feel like they are part of royalty.

I named my island Domingo, as it's Sunday in Portuguese (where my wife IRL was born), plus it's the laziest day of the week and I want my island to be chilled out 😍...

I'm so undecided on a proper island name, but I've narrowed it down to 3 options after long consideration. Which of these 3 do you think fits a national park themed island best?
- Wildecrest
- Beau Bayou
- Little Oak

Last edited:
I'm so undecided on a proper island name, but I've narrowed it down to 3 options after long consideration. Which of these 3 do you think fits a national park themed island best?
- Wildecrest
- Beau Bayou
- Little Oak

i really like wildecrest!

I'm getting acnh soon...but I'm stuck on naming my island because I don't want to name it something I won't like later.
Im trying to find pretty sounding Japanese words to use, like PichiPichi which means lively, or energetic in Japanese, and heiwana which means peaceful. But I'm just not sure.
If you have any recommendations please lmk lol

In New Leaf i named my mayor with just my name, but i found that most other people made up a name. Should i do this in New Horizons? Ideally i’d like to do a nickname but my name’s Gracie and i don’t really like Grace so i’ve never had a nickname. I’m aiming to make my character look somewhat like me but changing hair colour
Post automatically merged:

I don’t want to mess up my island name. I restarted so many towns in new leaf because i didn’t like the name later on, but i don’t want to do this in acnh. any name suggestions? i want something that sounds pretty :)

I named my island “Erinacea”, which is the first half of the scientific name for the hedgehog broom plant. I am obsessed with hedgehogs but didn’t want an island named “Sonic” or “Prickles” :ROFLMAO:

I think scientific words can sounds surprisingly beautiful. If you’re looking for a name, I’d highly suggest looking at your favourite plant/animal species for inspiration!

hi, I’m thinking of restarting my island, so does anyone have any good ideas for a cute island name?
And an idea for the flag?

If you have any ideas please comment below, thank you and stay safe~🌈

^u^

Back