• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Need help naming secondary characters!

Patypus

Beaver-Duck Creature :3
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Hey everyone c:

I'm having trouble coming up with some clever names for my side characters. They will mostly be for storing patterns for landscaping but eventually will get their own personality/story as I finish off everything in my mayor's home and my entire town. So if anyone has any creative names for them, I'd love to hear them! Here's a rough idea of what I'm going for with these characters, hopefully it'll help with naming them (and maybe I'll come up with a name as I do this writeup)

Character #2 (artist): She will be in charge of creating portraits of the townies (Which I plan to use as a floormat/entrance to each of the villager's homes). Hoping to fill her home up with custom designs and other fun artworks that I make! Personality-wise, she'll probably be calm and reserved around strangers but once you get to know her you'll find out she's exploding with energy and imagination!

Character #3 (traffic cop): Not too sure about this guy yet, all I know is he will be holding a majority of the road designs for the town, which is why I'm deeming him a traffic cop role. Other than that... I haven't put much thought into it... would love some ideas for home design/personality and names xD

Character #4 (idol): I asked my friend for some names and she told me she wanted me to name someone after her LOL. and since our group of friends call her empress, I thought it'd be fitting to name my 4th character Empress or her real name (Mindy). Can't really decide on which to name her but generally she'll be the fashionista/model home/wealthy, kinda like Gracie but in a more modern/chic style.

Any help would be appreciated! I'd love to hear everyone's ideas and if someone offers me a really clever name that I like I might be willing to donate some TBT to them for the help! c:

I don't know why, but the name Clover came to mind for your artist character. It's not very artsy, but it's kind of cute.

I'll try to think of some name ideas.

I don't know why, but the name Clover came to mind for your artist character. It's not very artsy, but it's kind of cute.

I'll try to think of some name ideas.

I really like Clover! It doesn't have to be themed, but I'm just having a hard time coming up with names myself xD Thank you for your insight!

you've got empress which is kiiinda similar to my 2nd/3rd character's names
i just have lady and sir, it kind of avoids having names i'll regret for them. i'm not really into backstories or anything for them but yeah idk if you're looking for particular names then i'm obviously not that creative for input

the only idea i have for cops is names of actual cops from tv shows .. typical . .. (brackets are surnames)
jack (crawford) from hannibal
will (graham) from hannibal
brad (bellick) from prison break

& i think cooper is a cool name, sounds like an agent name or something ? it's also my surname but shhH

artist names .. hm .. first name that springs to mind is emily, idk why . and then acacia, rose, dawn maybe wow idk i am bad at thinking of stuff like this
i also really like the name mindy for the idol !! it sounds super cute and hollywood-ish

Omg someone beat me to PAUL BLART URRRRGHHHHHH!

No but really that's literally the perfect name. I don't remember how long your name can be in AC, but I think it'll fit (If not, P. Blart, Blart, or just Paul can work. People will get the joke).

As for your artist, take your pick. You can name her after a famous artist or an art piece even~ I'd give you suggestions but I'm not exactly an art buff so I sorta lack any real knowledge of names aside from the really old famous artists...
Or you can name her after a color~
Or use a really fancy name~

As for your last one I looooove Empress and think you should go with that~ ^^

Thank you guys for all these wonderful ideas ^-^~~

I was thinking of a more serious character for my cop guy person (xD I'm still not sure what he should be), but I didn't think of a comical guy! And I just realized that Copper/Booker are cops... didn't think this through! Maybe my character will have another role, but I definitely feel like I need a mysterious/serious person if I'm gonna roleplay!

All these good ideas are definitely helping me figure out my town, so thank you for all your input c:

EDIT::
So I just had a really crazy thought!
1) For "Empress", what if I named her "M. Press", M being the initial for Mindy my friend, And it will be like an alias for Empress where she has a real name!

2)So instead of a cop (since I already have Copper as a cop), what about some mysterious doctor named Newton Spade (Shortened to N. Spade). Since I wanted my town to be somewhat mysterious and have a dark backstory, I was thinking this name would be PERFECT since Spade is a play-on word for "spayed", and Newton is a name that sounds similar to neuter, which I think would make this character's name immediately creepy! Is it too much? XD

Last edited:
Back