• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Name ideas for new villagers

QueenCobra

Lights, camera, ovaries!
Bells
I was thinking about villager names recently, and also about my great-grandma Nana, who I have been very fortunate to know. (She helped raise my mom.) Her name was Nettie, and I thought that would be a cute name for a potential villager. I also thought of other cute vintage names, like Ida, Trixie, and Cordelia, for possible villagers. (Hard to think of guy names, sorry.) What do you think?

I’ve always thought about new villager names it’s fun to imagine what could fit a species. Here’s a few I’ve thought about.

Clover (Species: Rabbit)

Chaco (Species: Rabbit)

Beans/Beanie (Hamster)

Cudders (Cub)

Tater (Dog)

Delilah (Deer)

Toons (Squirrel)

Twinkie (Horse)

Hades (Eagle)

Nematode (Frog)

Last edited:
I’ve always thought about new villager names it’s fun to imagine what could fit a species. Here’s a few I’ve thought about.

Clover (Species: Rabbit)

Chaco (Species: Rabbit)

Beans/Beanie (Hamster)

Cudders (Cub)

Tater (Dog)

Delilah (Deer)

Toons (Squirrel)

Twinkie (Horse)

Hades (Eagle)

Nematode (Frog)
Those are all really cute! I also thought of Tater for some reason lol

Yes!!! I agree Harriets aesthetic is unique too. I really like Reese and Cyrus, they’re adorable together. :) I want a llama species to be added now

I generally like the name Ethel. I actually never heard of the name until I met a puppy with that name that was up for adoption. She was a shepherd mix and so sweet. I was a kid then so I couldn't adopt. I also like Clover for a rabbit. Can we have an anteater with the name Arthur?

Peeko's Japanese name translates to Jasmine and I always thought there was unfortunate they changed her name as "Jasmine" is very similar to my real name. I would like it if we got a villager named Jasmine in the English translation of the game.

There’s so many cute suggestions in this thread.

I was thinking Fern for a deer. She would be a golden color and a normal villager.

Eleanor for a snooty wolf villager.

Along with Greyson for a lazy cub.

I'm thinking a peppy eagle named Connie (like condor, another bird of prey) and a wolf named Lucas (like lupine). I've had the ideas floating around my head since February or March.
I'd also say a sisterly bird named Robbie, but we already have a Robin.

I once considered making a villager OC but I kind of gave up on the idea because I had no idea what species and gender/personality I wanted them to be. I did want to name them Velvet and give them a red velvet cake theme though, for some reason. c':

Back