• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

N64 Hate Thread.

SillyPrinny

Yogurt
Bells
Switch
5576-5096-6017
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cake
**Reasons for putting this here instead of the Gamer's Lounge is because I don't like the thought of posting a hate/rant thread there.

This system is complete trash. Barely any good games on the console. I have nearly 70+ and probably 10 of them are even worth playing. MOST(if not all) of the decent games are either Mario, or Rare titles. So out of 300 bloody titles on this crap heap is here-

SO BESIDES WHAT'S ON THIS LIST, WHAT IS THERE? Also the Pokemon games were trash on the n64, either buy a gameboy with a copy of Pokemon to win or look up a guide... Snap may be the only Pokemon game that's a first person shooter but it's bad.

Name any game better then this list on the console:
1.Mario Party 1
2.Mario Party 2
3.Mario Party 3
4.Mario Kart 64
5.Paper Mario
6.Dk 64
7.Golden Eye
8.Diddy Kong Racing
9.Banjo Kazooie
10.Banjo Tooie
11.Mario 64
12.Mario Tennis
13.Zelda OOT
13.Zelda MM
14.Super Smash Brothers
15.Kirby and the Crystal Shards
**. Mystical Ninja (ONE OF THE ONLY 3rd PARTY GAMES THAT DON'T SUCK)

Last edited:
UMM You seem to have forgotten Wetrix, known as the greatest game EVER not only on the n64 but OF ALL TIME

Last edited:
Checkerboard layout, wonky controls, colors look like a pixel barf on the screen.

Last edited:
Yes plus a hell of a good time. Tetris on acid

So that nostalgia effect kicking in basically? Mario 64 is par-core now as well, hell the wonky controls and camera just kill the whole game for me now. Something that does need to be remembered is what we had at the time. So at the time, yeah Mario64 was pretty decent and maybe Wetrix was decent to, until marble blast ultra came out.... Most consoles either have something to compare to when it comes to games now a days. Besides maybe the games on this list, which ones are actually decent enough to even be called "good"? Hell I wouldn't even call these retro currently, it's just outdated. >->

Well, there are a few good ones that you didn't say, like F-Zero X and Star Fox 64

Last edited:
So that nostalgia effect kicking in basically? Mario 64 is par-core now as well, hell the wonky controls and camera just kill the whole game for me now. Something that does need to be remembered is what we had at the time. So at the time, yeah Mario64 was pretty decent and maybe Wetrix was decent to, until marble blast ultra came out.... Most consoles either have something to compare to when it comes to games now a days. Besides maybe the games on this list, which ones are actually decent enough to even be called "good"? Hell I wouldn't even call these retro currently, it's just outdated. >->
NAH BOY! I played that sheet when I was 20 for the first time. Its just a freakin CLASSIC

What about 1080 Snowboarding and WWF No Mercy?

Pilotwings 64 is good as well.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that this thread is directed at me and my love for the Nintendo 64. If you try to deny me you're only lying to yourself. Who else makes a hate thread dedicated to one game console?

Sure, you can hate the N64 if you want. I personally hate all the PlayStation systems past the PS2 and the Xbox One. Oh, and the Sega consoles too. But I respect the fact that others do like those game consoles. I happen to have a really personal and emotional connection with the N64 and it's totally cheesy yet totally hilarious and fun games. I could stand here and tell you how wrong you are in taking your sweet, precious time just to write a 4-paragraph rant about how bad the N64 is, but I'm sure you'll learn from it with time.

The amount of "trash" that people talk about the N64 cannot veer my ongoing love for it. Just the other day, I bought the game Mario Kart 64 for $40. I already had it on Wii VC, but I bought a retail copy anyways. Wanna know why? Cause It's a good game. Sure the controls might be a bit wonky, but it's just such a great game to play, especially with friends. Oh, and don't get me started on SM64. It's in my username, for heavens sake! It is, has been, and always will be my favorite game of all time.

We told you this once in 1996, and we're gonna tell you again: You gotta Get N, or Get Out.

Now that I got that out of the way, I'm gonna go ahead and spam the rest of this comment with 64 N64 logos.
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and what about Superman 64? That was such an amazing game, how could anyone forget it?

What about 1080 Snowboarding and WWF No Mercy?

Rarely any sport games are good let alone WWF, 1080 Snowboarding is a water downed version of Cool Boarders for the PS1

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm pretty sure that this thread is directed at me and my love for the Nintendo 64. If you try to deny me you're only lying to yourself. Who else makes a hate thread dedicated to one game console?

Sure, you can hate the N64 if you want. I personally hate all the PlayStation systems past the PS2 and the Xbox One. Oh, and the Sega consoles too. But I respect the fact that others do like those game consoles. I happen to have a really personal and emotional connection with the N64 and it's totally cheesy yet totally hilarious and fun games. I could stand here and tell you how wrong you are in taking your sweet, precious time just to write a 4-paragraph rant about how bad the N64 is, but I'm sure you'll learn from it with time.

The amount of "trash" that people talk about the N64 cannot veer my ongoing love for it. Just the other day, I bought the game Mario Kart 64 for $40. I already had it on Wii VC, but I bought a retail copy anyways. Wanna know why? Cause It's a good game. Sure the controls might be a bit wonky, but it's just such a great game to play, especially with friends. Oh, and don't get me started on SM64. It's in my username, for heavens sake! It is, has been, and always will be my favorite game of all time.

We told you this once in 1996, and we're gonna tell you again: You gotta Get N, or Get Out.

Now that I got that out of the way, I'm gonna go ahead and spam the rest of this comment with 64 N64 logos.
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png
jDLGt6V.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and what about Superman 64? That was such an amazing game, how could anyone forget it?

Nope, not directed at you at all actually.

Everyone has different thoughts on gaming systems. Some people love the N64 because the great Nintendo and Rare titles, and that's enough for them. Some people aren't interested in meh Nintendo titles and great 3rd party support, they just want their Mario/Zelda ect.. I think that everyone can enjoy different consoles, and hating on any isn't a very positive disscussion and is sorta uneeded.

I have played all Nintendo, Atari, Sega, and alot of Playstation. I don't hate anything and am open to enjoy whatever each platform can offer. They are games, for fun, who cares as long as there is some enjoyable stuff on it.

Last edited:
Everyone has different thoughts on gaming systems. Some people love the N64 because the great Nintendo and Rare titles, and that's enough for them. Some people aren't interested in meh Nintendo titles and great 3rd party support, they just want their Mario/Zelda ect.. I think that everyone can enjoy different consoles, and hating on any isn't a very positive disscussion and is sorta uneeded.

I have played all Nintendo, Atari, Sega, and alot of Playstation. I don't hate anything and am open to enjoy whatever each platform can offer. They are games, for fun, who cares as long as there is some enjoyable stuff on it.

Definitely. Everybody has different interests. I love the N64, my brother loves his Xbox games, and one of my close friends loves the Gamecube. But it's cool cause we like what we like and if we don't like somethin? We don't play it! I personally am not a big gamer (like I'm actually pretty bad at most videogames lol) but if there's a great first person shooter for the N64 I'm willing to try anything!

I also agree that a thread intentionally stirring negativity isn't really something we should be having here.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm being completely serious. This had nothing to do with you directly. I am very curious on how your collection is coming along though. >Never seen you before

I just recently (Like in the last couple years) became interested in collecting N64 games and merch. I've already got a whole list of like 30 priority games I have to get, and then I'll go to the more obscure games. My goal is to have a complete library of N64 games. Oh and I really want a console new in the box. I know it'll be a pain to get but it'll be awesome once I have it!

Back