• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it was still socially acceptable for women (or one person works and the other stays at home of either gender in any sexual orientation relationship) to not have to work and stay home to tend the house, care for kids, etc. I have nothing against people who fight for women's rights (or enjoy working)to be in the workforce and I'm aware this economy pretty much requires two incomes these days in couples. I think if most women stay at home, it's an even balance And they can spend more time on their kids and other errands the most people don't have time for when working full time.

Why women specifically? This would be semi-okay if it were a spouse of either gender, but if you choose women (or men, for that matter) to not work as often, that causes employees and society to think they're worse workers, so they won't be paid as much or have access to all job opportunities. The non-working class would be treated unequally in other aspects as well. See: the entire world

tbh I doubt that will happen anyways. Considering how many luxuries are "necessary" nowadays, the average person will probably never be able to single-handedly support a family of 4.5

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Hunger Games and John Green are extremely overrated. I've read all of the books of The Hunger Games and I just don't like them. I just can't get into it at all. I've read all of the John Green books and I only like the Looking for Alaska. I just feel like he fakes deep and the characters aren't that amazing ;-;

ikr! The Hunger Games is terrible written and has terrible characters and world building too. It's only successful because it's "a metaphor against capitalism" despite capitalizing itself lol
I thought TFIOS was okay until I realized every single one of the characters the author has written was the exact same person :(

I wish it was still socially acceptable for women (or one person works and the other stays at home of either gender in any sexual orientation relationship) to not have to work and stay home to tend the house, care for kids, etc. I have nothing against people who fight for women's rights (or enjoy working)to be in the workforce and I'm aware this economy pretty much requires two incomes these days in couples. I think if most women stay at home, it's an even balance And they can spend more time on their kids and other errands the most people don't have time for when working full time.

I completely disagree. Taking some time off work when your children are under school age seems appropriate to me, but nothing angers me more than people who choose not to work and still get benefits using my tax dollars. In my opinion if you're an adult and choose not to be part of the workforce you shouldn't have access to the same services as people who actually contribute.

I completely disagree. Taking some time off work when your children are under school age seems appropriate to me, but nothing angers me more than people who choose not to work and still get benefits using my tax dollars. In my opinion if you're an adult and choose not to be part of the workforce you shouldn't have access to the same services as people who actually contribute.

Thank you! People having to work to survive isn't some kind of terrible, capitalist concept created to oppress poor little McDonalds workers. Money is used to simplify the exchange of goods, so unless your 15 hours a week of work flipping burgers is equivalent to farmers spending months to grow food, child labourers making clothes, and companies manufacturing iPhones, you don't somehow deserve those products. People shouldn't expect to be able to have 10 kids and have all their needs be paid for without making any sacrifices. If you choose to have a kid before your salary is high enough to support another person's needs, it's your own fault when you can't provide for them.

Here's my unpopular opinion: I like Breadwinners from Nickelodeon. There, now y'all know my darkest secret.

On the subject of parents and working, I think it is good for the children to have either the mother or father (or one of the parents when it comes to same-sex couples) stay at home to care for the children instead of just throwing them in daycare while both parents work full-time. I think that in the 21st century, businesses should be flexible enough to allow parents to fulfill their most important obligation which is caring for their children. Either businesses should allow employees extended unpaid leave to care for children or allow parents to reduce and/or rearrange their hours in such a way that one parent can always be there for children. It isn't fair for a child growing up to have both of his/her parents disappear for half of the day every day.

I wouldn't really care because in the end (in this situation) its the partner who would be providing those services to (in this example, say me and my future kids) because he's/she's in the workforce while the other person is at home managing family life, like finances, errands, cooking, etc. Its not to say the stay at home parent just sits around all day being a bum. I can see why you'd be angered from people who don't work and contribute nothing in return, but every person has a choice to their own lifestyle and if the two people mutually agree, I see nothing wrong with a stay at home parent imo. What might seem like simple to you, may not be to another family. Taking time off occasionally isn't always easy because not every job is 9-5 with benefits or have the same freedoms to take vacation time. And seeing kids in daycare often, isn't always a person's preference as they want to see their kid more often etc etc. I personally just think managing daily things at home is an even balance while the other party provides. It's less stress on both parties. I mean, if I see a situation in which one partner makes enough to support both and is okay with it, I don't feel any negativity to judge them.

I'm not a "hipster", I can like popular things, as long as the fanbase isn't obnoxious
The word fandom makes me cringe so hard

I'm not a "hipster", I can like popular things, as long as the fanbase isn't obnoxious
The word fandom makes me cringe so hard

a6f965536fdee4911834c31293bf2691.jpeg

as long as you dont look like this sure

My unpopular opinion: I think that beating yourself over the head with a rock is a good way to raise your IQ. Say each rock you hit yourself with raised your IQ by one point, you hit your head 17 times, you feel dumber, you look dumber, you did INDEED get dumber, but you feel smart because you were dumb enough to try it.

Lesson of the comment: Even if you banged your head against that cute quiet girl sitting in the corner of the classroom with her book in her face, you will still be dumb, look dumb, and most likely be called out for harassment.

My unpopular opinion: I think that beating yourself over the head with a rock is a good way to raise your IQ. Say each rock you hit yourself with raised your IQ by one point, you hit your head 17 times, you feel dumber, you look dumber, you did INDEED get dumber, but you feel smart because you were dumb enough to try it.

Lesson of the comment: Even if you banged your head against that cute quiet girl sitting in the corner of the classroom with her book in her face, you will still be dumb, look dumb, and most likely be called out for harassment.

what the ***?

but what the *** does it mean

i guess i've smashed too many rocks on my head to be able to understand

It means one thing: In the famous words of Albert Einstein:"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I don't wanna seem like I'm saying "I HATE THIS GENERATION!!!" or trying to seem like I'm better than other people but... If there is one thing that makes me cringe the most, it would have to be this whole internet culture that MOSTLY surrounds a large majority of Tumblr. It's like it's TRENDY now to want to stay in all day and watch TV shows on Netflix, to be socially awkward, to ship people (irl or not), to obsess over YouTubers or other celebrities, and so on and so forth. Like... I know this has ALWAYS sort of existed, but I feel like this obsession has only really... Gotten worse, over the years. And this is mostly because of the invention of social media. Before social media, there was quite a big distance between fans and the celebrity. But now because we have social networking sites like Twitter or Facebook, celebrities can interact very closely with their fans. Not saying this is a bad thing necessarily, but... Obviously this has led to bad things, due to people OBSESSING over other celebrities and shipping them with real people and just sending them creepy messages and like yeah sure I know you're going to get fans like that no matter what but jesus it's like some people just don't have a filter at all. If you ever see a popular celebrity or singer or whatever tweet something, just look at all of the replies to that said tweet and just prepare to be creeped out. Like why is this a thing. Why is this a thing that people do. Why is this necessarily a good thing? :\

Shipping is just cringey and gross because some people literally obsess over it and treat the characters as if they're like real human beings. Or, worse than that, they will ship real people with other real people. Which is just messed up and also creepy.

Being socially awkward = again, I'll probably sound bad for saying this but like the amount of "relatable memes" people make like posting around the internet for being socially awkward is just shocking to be honest. Like? It's not a good thing to be socially awkward, yet some people are seeing it as being a positive thing. Sometimes it feels like when people share these things and like say "Omg same I relate to this!!", it's just belittling people who GENUINELY do have mental illnesses such as anxiety where they do struggle to do simple things when interacting with people, as opposed to these "socially awkward" people who just find it awkward when they trip over something and then it's like "omg!!". I hope I'm making sense here, but it does really bug me. There's a huge difference between just being 'socially awkward' and having anxiety. Unfortunately 'socially awkward' people often start to self-diagnose too. :) Wow! Great! /sarcasm

Again, just... Obsessing over celebrities or YouTubers or like watching TV shows on Netflix all day, again... I don't know. I know I'm not here to control what people can and can't do, but it just feels like this whole internet culture is really negative and... Awful, to be honest. Like, okay, watching TV shows is fun and it's great to spend a lazy day watching a good series or whatever, but if that's literally your entire life then? I guess that's kind of sad? Like you're really not helping yourself out in the long run. And this is coming from someone who used to just sit on their laptop all day just on forums or watching YouTube LPs or whatever. :( It's not worth it. Having hobbies, going out and seeing friends, and just trying to find ways to spend your time and being productive is going to be so much more worthwhile. And again, obsessing over celebrities - I know this is something that has always existed but like? They probably don't even care about you? And yet you just dedicate your time and like your LIFE towards these people who probably just couldn't care less half the time, I dunno.

TL;DR... I hate this current internet culture and I feel like people see it as a positive thing but it's totally negative and detrimental to society and NO I'm not saying that "I hate this generation".

It means one thing: In the famous words of Albert Einstein:"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

i'd say what the *** again but that would just be proving your point
not that you have a point

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's uwu i'm so quirky/special snowflake culture and it's terrible

Last edited:
Let's see...I am also a teen who hates short shorts. All of mine are knee-length.
I go to bed at 9:30 PM every day and I hate staying up later.
I like to eat healthy.
I hate dressing on my salad.
I don't swear at all and I hate dirty jokes.
I've never had a celebrity crush.
I hate most radio music.
I'm against makeup.

So yeah I have a lot of unpopular opinions. :/

Last edited:
I don't wanna seem like I'm saying "I HATE THIS GENERATION!!!" or trying to seem like I'm better than other people but... If there is one thing that makes me cringe the most, it would have to be this whole internet culture that MOSTLY surrounds a large majority of Tumblr. It's like it's TRENDY now to want to stay in all day and watch TV shows on Netflix, to be socially awkward, to ship people (irl or not), to obsess over YouTubers or other celebrities, and so on and so forth. Like... I know this has ALWAYS sort of existed, but I feel like this obsession has only really... Gotten worse, over the years. And this is mostly because of the invention of social media. Before social media, there was quite a big distance between fans and the celebrity. But now because we have social networking sites like Twitter or Facebook, celebrities can interact very closely with their fans. Not saying this is a bad thing necessarily, but... Obviously this has led to bad things, due to people OBSESSING over other celebrities and shipping them with real people and just sending them creepy messages and like yeah sure I know you're going to get fans like that no matter what but jesus it's like some people just don't have a filter at all. If you ever see a popular celebrity or singer or whatever tweet something, just look at all of the replies to that said tweet and just prepare to be creeped out. Like why is this a thing. Why is this a thing that people do. Why is this necessarily a good thing? :\

Shipping is just cringey and gross because some people literally obsess over it and treat the characters as if they're like real human beings. Or, worse than that, they will ship real people with other real people. Which is just messed up and also creepy.

Being socially awkward = again, I'll probably sound bad for saying this but like the amount of "relatable memes" people make like posting around the internet for being socially awkward is just shocking to be honest. Like? It's not a good thing to be socially awkward, yet some people are seeing it as being a positive thing. Sometimes it feels like when people share these things and like say "Omg same I relate to this!!", it's just belittling people who GENUINELY do have mental illnesses such as anxiety where they do struggle to do simple things when interacting with people, as opposed to these "socially awkward" people who just find it awkward when they trip over something and then it's like "omg!!". I hope I'm making sense here, but it does really bug me. There's a huge difference between just being 'socially awkward' and having anxiety. Unfortunately 'socially awkward' people often start to self-diagnose too. :) Wow! Great! /sarcasm

Again, just... Obsessing over celebrities or YouTubers or like watching TV shows on Netflix all day, again... I don't know. I know I'm not here to control what people can and can't do, but it just feels like this whole internet culture is really negative and... Awful, to be honest. Like, okay, watching TV shows is fun and it's great to spend a lazy day watching a good series or whatever, but if that's literally your entire life then? I guess that's kind of sad? Like you're really not helping yourself out in the long run. And this is coming from someone who used to just sit on their laptop all day just on forums or watching YouTube LPs or whatever. :( It's not worth it. Having hobbies, going out and seeing friends, and just trying to find ways to spend your time and being productive is going to be so much more worthwhile. And again, obsessing over celebrities - I know this is something that has always existed but like? They probably don't even care about you? And yet you just dedicate your time and like your LIFE towards these people who probably just couldn't care less half the time, I dunno.

TL;DR... I hate this current internet culture and I feel like people see it as a positive thing but it's totally negative and detrimental to society and NO I'm not saying that "I hate this generation".

To be honest, It was great back around the early 2000s. But eventually, Youtube and social media caught the attention of news, people started becoming unique, etc, and eventually, people start to feel a sense of low self-esteem from this. Another reason for the way the internet culture is heading might be because of it's convenience, how comfortable it feels, and how "social" we are without actually being so. Like becoming an addiction due to it's seemingly wide community.

Sorry if you feel I'm nagging or something. But I felt like putting my thoughts on that out there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'd say what the *** again but that would just be proving your point
not that you have a point

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's uwu i'm so quirky/special snowflake culture and it's terrible

If there's no point to prove, then why not just say it? :3

To be honest, It was great back around the early 2000s. But eventually, Youtube and social media caught the attention of news, people started becoming unique, etc, and eventually, people start to feel a sense of low self-esteem from this. Another reason for the way the internet culture is heading might be because of it's convenience, how comfortable it feels, and how "social" we are without actually being so. Like becoming an addiction due to it's seemingly wide community.

Sorry if you feel I'm nagging or something. But I felt like putting my thoughts on that out there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If there's no point to prove, then why not just say it? :3

I don't know much about the really Internet in the early 2000s, but ~2007 I went on tamagotchi forums I WAS LITERALLY SIX OKAY and people were special snowflakes then too

okay. shut the *** up

- - - Post Merge - - -

(no offense)

- - - Post Merge - - -

(and plz don't actually shut the *** up that was a joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back