• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

My Streetpass game is strong

Stitched

Bells
Switch
6117-4114-4433
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Pear (Fruit)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Candy
Okay. So.
Last summer, I bought New Leaf. My first town was named Sweets. One of my starters was the normal chicken, Ava. She was my first villager I allowed to move out, and since I wasn't involved in the online AC community at the time, she went to the void. Again, this was last July.

Through time travelling efforts and cycling, I moved out close to thirty villagers after her. Some were adopted, some were voided. I also picked up other people's villagers from StreetPass, moved them out, etc. December of 2013, I reset my town and it is now known as Gallia, and I am in the process of cycling again. Just about every villager has been voided.

This is where my boyfriend comes in.
He bought New Leaf close to its release date on the eStore. He played it for two weeks, hated it, and deleted it from his 3DS. As I talked to him more about ACNL, he bought a new SD card and redownloaded ACNL so that I could look at his town. Yesterday we were hanging out, and I pulled out all his weeds for him (61), and talked to all his villagers and such.
A villager plot had appeared. Ava.

This evening, I asked him if he could check on his town really quick and talk to Ava and see if she was mine. I told him basically that I didn't think she was mine, explained StreetPass and the 10th villager, and also that I was incredibly doubtful but that I had a slight suspicion. The next text I get: "Sweets. Is that you?"

Despite the fact that Ava was voided last July, I've streetpassed right around 30 people, and I reset the town she was in and she hasn't appeared in my new town at all, she moved right into his town when he downloaded ACNL back to a new SD card.
I'm baffled. She was definitely cycled out long before I reset and everything. I just kind of took it for granted that she ended up in someone else's town long ago.

EDIT: for clarification, he did not have New Leaf on his 3DS on any point before we played near each other for the first time. He just redownloaded it this past weekend.

Last edited:
When she first moved in, did she mention that she was from your town?

Thats surprisingly scary but in a good cheerful way o_o...

In this event, it's not the people who love the chicken, it's the chicken who loves us.

-mindblowned-

This happened to me with Hans! Hans lived in my first town, but my friend got him after I reset my town. Then my friend was like "aww yiss THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING HANS" and then Hans moved out and is now in his sisters town.

That's rather shocking...never knew StreetPass had the power to do something like that. Now I'm much more afraid of StreetPass moveins lol.

Last edited:
This is why I get a bit sad when I see people getting angry with other people because they got a voided villager. Just a couple of days ago I saw someone on here asking another user if their void was "clear". I've even seen some people saying they'll leave negative feedback if they get a villager from your void! Protip: the void is never clear. Unless every single villager you've voided has been confirmed to have shown up subsequently on someone else's game and/or you've arranged an adopter for every single villager you've moved out, there's always a chance.

This is why I get a bit sad when I see people getting angry with other people because they got a voided villager. Just a couple of days ago I saw someone on here asking another user if their void was "clear". I've even seen some people saying they'll leave negative feedback if they get a villager from your void! Protip: the void is never clear. Unless every single villager you've voided has been confirmed to have shown up subsequently on someone else's game and/or you've arranged an adopter for every single villager you've moved out, there's always a chance.

I get pretty upset when I get a voided villager from someone when I'm doing giveaways, but not to the point of leaving a negative feedback 0-0 well, unless the person was being rude overall. I currently have a Fang in my void, hopefully someone will get him and like it -w-

Last edited:
I get pretty upset when I get a voided villager from someone when I'm doing giveaways, but not to the point of leaving a negative feedback 0-0 well, unless the person was being rude overall. I currently have a Fang in my void, hopefully someone will get him and like it -w-

I got a voided villager from someone two days ago, and I was pretty irritated because I only let the guy over in the first place to adopt one of mine, and I was expecting to be able to go into the random movein phase to get another cranky personality. Now I'm stuck with a second normal until someone else gets their butt out. But you know, that guy couldn't help it. :\

Visiting a town with ten villagers does NOT clear your void.
Visiting a town with an open slot does NOT clear your void unless that person subsequently reports your villager moved in and that was the only villager you've ever voided.
And apparently, if OP's story is true, even resetting your town does NOT clear your void...

I got a voided villager from someone two days ago, and I was pretty irritated because I only let the guy over in the first place to adopt one of mine, and I was expecting to be able to go into the random movein phase to get another cranky personality. Now I'm stuck with a second normal until someone else gets their butt out. But you know, that guy couldn't help it. :\

Visiting a town with ten villagers does NOT clear your void.
Visiting a town with an open slot does NOT clear your void unless that person subsequently reports your villager moved in and that was the only villager you've ever voided.
And apparently, if OP's story is true, even resetting your town does NOT clear your void...
That's what I thought. I just saw someone telling someone else about the visiting a town with 10 villagers clearing your void. I guess nothing clears your void.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Back