My new villager kept the old ones house?? help!

lunachii

Bells
Switch
0046-0281-3834
Umm, so I just got amiibo cards today, and I was scanning in Stitches and kicked out another villager, everything went normal. Now I scanned Julian and kicket out Agent S but I realized that Julian lives in Agent S' house?? Its just the same exterior outside the house, the inside of the house looks like Julians.. but I googled the houses and julian is supposed to have a white house so it must be something wrong here ;_; anyone know?? what do i do now

This is a very common glitch. Did you time travel more than one day forwards to speed up the process, or time travel backwards during the move-out/move-in process? That seems to be the most common trigger.

EDIT: Your best bet is to force that villager out and then invite them back. That will reset their house assuming you don't time travel more than one day at a time or time travel backwards until they've moved in.

This is a known glitch that occurs when all campers (not just Amiibo) force a move out. It's just a cosmetic glitch, and nothing seriously bad has been reported with it, but there's no way of fixing it without forcing out the villager and re-inviting them again.

Usually it's caused by messing with the plot sold day. Things like TTing backwards, TTing forwards but skipping the plot sold day, and possibly even just not loading the save file on that day can cause the glitch. Did you do any of those things?

This hasn't happened personally to me, but this is a common glitch with forcing out villagers through Amiibo, have you tried moving your villager's house to get the exterior how it is supposed to be?

I did timetravel backwards accidentally because I messed up the after-midnight clock to wish on some stars. That must've triggered it then. I'll kick them out and re-invite them and see if that works. Thank you so much

People have been complaing about the glitch, nintendo might update it soon because there was another glitch found also besides the house thing. If you can, use another amiibo card and kick out Julian and then kick out that villager you just scanned and replace him/her with Julian again. Idk it might work or not, I never had this problem.

What happens if I gave Julian away now tho? Like someone else adopting him, I feel like its a nice chance to give him to someone who really wants him, but I'm scared it will mess up because he has the wrong house exterior? anyone know?

What happens if I gave Julian away now tho? Like someone else adopting him, I feel like its a nice chance to give him to someone who really wants him, but I'm scared it will mess up because he has the wrong house exterior? anyone know?

This glitch only affects the island of the campsite, so you're safe to let someone adopt him; the adopter won't get a glitched house. If you're going to be re-inviting Julian back, letting someone adopt him is a great idea!

happened to me before. it's a time travelling thing. it doesnt happen if you
a) let time flow normally while moving people in or out
b) only move forward one day at a time, NOT backwards.

the only fix will be to have em move out and then back in :S

This glitch only affects the island of the campsite, so you're safe to let someone adopt him; the adopter won't get a glitched house. If you're going to be re-inviting Julian back, letting someone adopt him is a great idea!
okay, i'll adopt him away then :D thank you so much for the reply

Back