My game corrupted!

Lilac-Town

Bells
I'm not exactly sure how, but my save file corrupted or something, and my old town is gone! I had tons of hybrids and PWPs and bells, and now they're all gone :(

This is mainly just to vent, but I hate it when this happens to games!

:'( So sorry! I'd be happy to give you some bells/hybrids, my save file corrupted once and it was terrible!

Please PM me if you need help with your new town. I have a bunch of hybrids, hairbow wig, golden tools, etc that you can have. Plus a couple million bells to get you started.

I love these threads!

Opposite for me, I hate them, they scare me and make me so sad. :c

But anyway, to the poster, I'm really sorry that your game corrupted. I wish you luck with your new town and I hope you're able to get everything back! Gosh, if this ever happened to me I would be so so so sad and heartbroken. </3

I would really love it if someone could help with hybrids, I can get bells back, but the hybrids take so long :c

Why can't I corrupt it on purpose. Why does it never corrupt.

Do games actually get corrupted? Is it because of turning of during saving or wi-fi? A bad SD card? Is there any way I can avoid this or backup my game?

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. :(
Is your game digital or physical?

It's a shame sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet.

Though I hate them for different reasons, which I'll refrain from going into.

I also hate them a little bit. Every time I see one, I can't help but wonder if the person's file was actually corrupted, or if they're just saying it was so they can get free stuff from the nice forum members, lol .-.
Corruption is actually pretty rare, but I see this threads quite a lot...

It's sad when it actually happens though, especially for people who have had their towns for a long time ;-;

Do games actually get corrupted? Is it because of turning of during saving or wi-fi? A bad SD card? Is there any way I can avoid this or backup my game?

Any of these things you mentioned can potentially cause it.

Also an SD card just becoming more worn out with use.

Last edited:
I'm willing to help with a few hybrids here and there :) PM me, I am so sorry this happened to you?

I never had this! I'm so sorry. only thing I can give you is some pansies which are not hybrid.. If you're interested let me know!

Good luck restarting your town!

I'll PM when I can bring some hybrids<3

But yeah, games do get corrupted :( Mine kept corrupting because of the SD card on gamecube</3

Damn, I am sorry to hear that. Do you have any idea as to what could of caused it? I have heard stories of people dropping their 3DS for instance and it having the same effect.

This is one of my (in game) biggest fears! It must be awful to happen with the amount of hours people put in T.T I'm so sorry!

It really sucks, sorry to hear OP. Everytime I drop my DS I hold my breath when loading the start screen.

A simple and short guide about the causes of corruption and prevention can be found in this thread (link).

Back