• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Animal Crossing OC, Vera!

Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
White Lily
Yellow Pansy
Red Rose
Blue Hybrid Pansy
White Cosmos
White Violet
Yellow Violet
Yellow Tulip
Purple Violet
Hey, all! I'm pretty embarrassed to do this, but since she's my new Animal Crossing OC and this is an Animal Crossing forum, decided to do it anyway! I'm introducing my Animal Crossing OC, Vera the opossum!

sketch-1626617813890.png

Apologies for the low-quality art here, I can barely draw humans, let alone AC characters, so I used a free-to-use lineart by Jackpot-At-Night on FurAffinity. I'm not necessarily commissioning art of her rn, but if you ever need inspiration, feel free to draw her! I'm sure you could do better than me and my shaky hands 😅

Anyway, Vera wouldn't be a villager. She'd be a special character, though she would use the peppy voice. If there's one thing you should know about Vera, other than her wack fashion sense (seriously, those boots!), it's that she has a voracious appetite. As the player befriends her, she'll mention that this developed after growing up in a poor family with parents who had to scavenge for and sometimes steal food. She'll eat pretty much everything, and she sheepishly admits that she has a soft spot for rotten turnips over fresh, similar to how a real opossum eats rotten produce. Thus, on Sundays, most likely after Daisy Mae leaves, Vera may show up and offer to buy the player's rotten turnips for 1/4 of what they bought them for.

However, that's not all. During the Fishing Tourney or the Bug-Off, as well as rarely on days where Flick or C.J. visit, Vera will appear as well. Of course, her appetite doesn't extend to fruits and veggies. After going on about how she needs protein, she'll offer to buy fish or bugs for 5x the market value...but she'll only accept five per day. She'll also beg the player not to tell Flick or C.J., as she wants to befriend them someday, even mentioning that she has a bit of a crush, but is afraid that her tendency to eat fish and bugs will scare them away. At first, her only real friend is Celeste, who she often bumps into at night, but as time progresses and she visits more, villagers may briefly mention her.

Yeah, that's all I got so far. Really this was just my excuse to ramble on. Anyway, I hope to draw her more in the future!

bro as soon as i saw her, my first thought was “her and flick would definitely be friends”, so i’m screaming at the second to last paragraph rn cjxkndks. but fr, i actually really love her! she’s gorgeous and i love her backstory as well! she’d make an awesome npc. 🥺🖤

Absolutely adorable!!! She reminds me of a much more useful version of Wendell. I'd love to see her in-game. I can already envision her merch (which I would be the first to buy, mind you). 😭 💖

Back