• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Musicians you don’t care for with one or two songs you really like?

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers 💐✨
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
Imma be honest, I can’t stand any of the Britney Spears hits because I can’s stand her singing voice… EXCEPT in Toxic, I think everything came together in that song

Really hot take but I only like 2-3 Queen songs and the rest are just… it’s a case of Seinfeld is Unfunny: they set the standard and so many people took inspiration from them to the point that they feel plain. Plus some of their songs are ridiculously overplayed.

also ngl. As much of a meme as he is some early Skrillex songs were banger.

YES. I really do not like SIA as a person.....she's done some not great things ahem...
BUT MMM TITANIUM IS SO NOSTALGIC FOR ME.

( I also have to agree with the Skrillex mention..i really enjoy some of those, especially "rock n' roll")

oh the twitter girlies would be on me for this but taylor swift. some of her fans make me dislike her more than anything, but i also just find her music/voice very generic city. i wouldn’t say she's bad but i don't find her all that talented either. there's two songs i like (exile and the great war) but other than that? i genuinely could never understand the hype.

“Hallucinate” and “Dance the Night Away” by Dua Lipa. She’s a good singer, but I wish she would enunciate more.

oh the twitter girlies would be on me for this but taylor swift. some of her fans make me dislike her more than anything, but i also just find her music/voice very generic city. i wouldn’t say she's bad but i don't find her all that talented either. there's two songs i like (exile and the great war) but other than that? i genuinely could never understand the hype.
i'm this but with Blank Space by taylor swift, only because i have incredible memories of screaming that song with my best friend in his car after his breakup LOL. everything else about her discography is mid.

Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold. I don't care for their first 3 albums, they bore the hell out of me, but Bat Country is a banger. I haven't heard anything past their 3rd album so it's possible they may have produced better stuff since then.

Led Zeppelin. I find a lot of their songs to be obnoxious as I just don't the overboard vocal effects at times. But I do very much like Stairway to Heaven. It's such a cliche song to love, and I know that, but it is darn good. I love the buildup from the "medieval" (not really, but you know what I mean) folk to straight-up rock.

Also, it makes me infinitely happy that it prominently features recorder in the first part, a very underappreciated instrument in such a popular song.

There are quite a few artists that I feel this way about. For example, of all of Taylor Swift's songs, I really only like I Knew You Were Trouble, Anti-Hero, and Blank Space. Also, despite me being a huge k-pop fan, I do not like BTS at all. The only song by them I like is Butter. I could go on forever, but I don't want to clog the thread so I'll leave it at that.

The only tolerable Phil Collins songs are In the Air and Easy Lover. Everything else sounds the same and it just feels irritating to listen to. I also don’t like Kid Rock’s music except for Picture. Nickelback’s only good songs are How You Remind Me and Rock Star. Maroon 5 was only good before they sold themselves out which I’d say was around 2010.
Post automatically merged:

YES. I really do not like SIA as a person.....she's done some not great things ahem...
BUT MMM TITANIUM IS SO NOSTALGIC FOR ME.

( I also have to agree with the Skrillex mention..i really enjoy some of those, especially "rock n' roll")
The only Sia songs I like are Rainbow from the MLP movie and Chandelier and I liked them way before she did the one thing that outraged a ton of people and then tried to make excuses for doing it.

1. Ed Sheeran's only good song is Shape of You. Everything else makes me want to ripe my hair out. However, even that song is now pretty annoying since its played so often.

2. I only like Locked Out Of Heaven by Bruno Mars. His other "hit" songs are either obnoxious to me or played at weddings way too often and I hate sitting through weddings (and not eating anything)

i honestly don't care for blackpink much but whenever i hear "how you like that", i get SUPERR hyped

Nickelback is another band I don't really care for. Only song I mildly enjoy by them is Breathe.

Tina Turner is another singer I’ve never really cared for. What’s Love Got To Do With It isn’t a bad song and I might let it play on the radio if I’m in the mood and her solo in We Are the World was good. But other than that I’d rather listen to Bonnie Tyler or Stevie Nicks if I want to listen to a female singer with a raspy voice. I’m not really a Britney fan but I can’t deny that Hit Me Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Stronger, Toxic, and (You Drive Me) Crazy are amazing songs. Pharrell Williams’ Happy is catchy in a good way but I don’t really pay attention to his other songs. Also not really all that interested in Demi Lovato but Sorry Not Sorry I sort of like mostly because of Rupaul’s Drag Race. Dua Lipa I’m mostly neutral towards but I do like Physical also because of Rupaul’s Drag Race.

Panic! At The Disco is one of those bands that used to be emblematic of the exact type of music that I disliked, though nostalgia has softened my stance on them considerably. They're still not a band I would necessarily go out of my way to listen to if I had a choice, but I'm no longer really offended by their presence. But then I heard this song on TV a couple of months ago and I was completely floored. I simply couldn't believe it was them. I actually really quite like this song.

I would go for Oasis. There are probably 4 songs that I really like: Champagne Supernova, Live Forever, The Importance of Being Idle and Stop Crying Your Heart Out.

Taylor Swift's music is garbage imo, but Shake It Off is a song from her I can tolerate. It's at least a bit catchy.

I don’t like Lizzo after what she did to her employees, but “Juice”, “Good As H”, and “Phone” are fun songs to work out to. I also enjoyed her Barbie movie song.

Back