Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Pavé
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Candy
What do you use your exhibit rooms for?

10.000 bells per room is nothing and it gives you great storage space. I've been storing clothing and unused furniture sets on an alt character but might it be better to store that stuff at the museum?

I have a lot of clothing, if I were to store those in an exhibit room it would become my walk-in personal closet. I can take out stuff at any time without having to close the room or pay a fee?

Last edited:
Once you pay the cost for the room, you have that room forever with no extra cost. You can change stuff around anytime you want. :)

I use my rooms mainly as storage, but I'm slowly trying to clean them out. Right now I have 2 rooms as regular, my own stuff storage. Another room is stuff that I put up for sale in my TBT shop thread. Another room is extra space for the sale stuff, plus storage for the items that I am holding onto for my trading friends.

Last edited:
Oh, an important question, can visitors take stuff out of the exhibit?
And, can hybrids survive there without water?

Oh, an important question, can visitors take stuff out of the exhibit?
And, can hybrids survive there without water?

No, visitors can't change anything. It is treated exactly like your house. You can't even change anything in the room if a visitor is in it. They have to leave for you to change something.

Yep, hybrids will survive there without water. Again, just like they would if you put them in your house. I sometimes put hybrids in my museum storage if I'm letting someone new into my town and am worried about them stealing hybrids.

I use one room as a super mario broos funpark. The others are My huge public dressingrooms XD i love the Dresses and like to change often.

I use mine for clothing. The first room is where I keep the clothing I used for Gracie checks. I haven't gotten around to cleaning it out yet. Then I have another two rooms for Gracie clothing. I want to have one of every single piece from Gracie Grace in my museum. Mostly because none of it can be reordered and I want to be able to wear everything if I feel like it, and obviously it would take up a ridiculous amount of storage slots if I were to store it in my house, so the museum is perfect for this.

On each of my former towns, I used them for furniture from other themes. If I wanted to have that theme later, I would just put every different theme I didn't need at the moment in a storage room. It's actually quite convenient, and I'm glad it's a feature of New Leaf. :)

I use one to store/display Gulliver items, although it's filling up so I may need to use a second room for that purpose as well. In another room, I have the balloon furniture set. But the novelty of the balloon furniture has worn off, so I'll probably change that out for something else eventually. And my third room is a trophy room. I have my fish/bug trophies in there, as well as some of the HHA rewards.

I filled them up with stuff you get from fortune cookies, the ores from my basement, and all saplings and bushes I had lying around. For the first time villagers aren't complaining about all the "trash" in town and my storage cabinet has never been this empty. :D

Can you fill the museum display cases with items, or can you only place them on display stands?

Last edited:
Can you fill the museum display cases with items, or can you only place them on display stands?

I think you can only put stuff in the ones that are empty by default, except the ones with paintings, where you can put in a pattern.

Back