• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Most Painful Experience?

In kindergarden I got pushed off a slide and broke my arm. That was no fun at all, had to get a cast and everything and nothing even happened to the person that pushed me off ;-;

Oh boy, grabbing a metal bowl full of hot coals has gotta be the most painful experience for me.

I was a young and naive child who miraculously got away with minor burns. Plus the volunteering club made some good burgers, so silver linings

In Freshman year of high school, I randomly started experiencing symptoms where the slightest touch / breeze anywhere on my face would trigger jabbing pain to the nerves all around my face (especially to my jaw area) , like it was being stabbed. The symptoms were spot on with the condition trigeminal neuralgia and I was so scared my condition was permanant. It lasted a for a few months on and off throughout the days, but thankfully I'm not experiencing it anymore. Not exactly sure what triggered it, I'm assuming my nerves got irritated somehow.

Twice in my life I had menstrual cramps so bad that I passed out. That was definitely the worst pain I've experienced. It was worse than breaking a bone and having all four wisdom teeth removed.

@ OP wow today I learned dragonflies bite you? That's kind of terrifying.

My most painful experience was fracturing the top of my foot during a football game when I was in high school. It cracked in the dumbest way too. My foot was flat on the ground and I turned around real fast and the top of my foot just snapped somehow. It was painful at the time but I didn't realise it was actually fractured, so I ended up playing the whole game with a broken foot. I couldn't go to the hospital until the next morning so I was in pain all night. It was also painful knowing that it was during my senior year so I couldn't even finish my last season with that team. 😅

Was staying at my aunt's with my family when I was 10 or 11-years-old. My brother and I shared one of their spare rooms which had a metal-framed bunk bed. He had the top bunk, and I decided it'd be a good idea to stand up on the bottom bunk to reach over the top guard rail.

I lost my balance, fell to the ground, and the rail ended up coming loose and crashing onto my head. The impact was beyond painful, and I ended up being quite a sight.

My knee also had a tendency to snap out of place when I was younger. Always hurt trying to get that back to normal.

Breaking my ankle at the school playground when I was about 6.
Spraining my ankle when I was ~9 or so.
Breaking my foot when I was 13.
Having to deal with an infected tooth last year, went to dentist, got antibiotics medicine that I took every day, appointment to get tooth removed got delayed due to scheduling confusion, tooth got reinfected and had to take more antibiotics, finally got tooth pulled out after being made unconscious, was worried about a dry socket afterwards but fortunately that didn’t happen.
Hit my head on the concrete(?) fireplace in our house (that we don’t use) when I was about 5. Apparently it was bleeding a lot and I had to get staples.
Stuck a nerd candy up my nose in curiosity when I was around, again, 5 or 6. Had to go to the doctor’s to get it removed. Then I did it AGAIN and had to be taken to the doctor’s to get the second one removed.

The above list isn’t necessarily most painful things I’ve experienced, just all times I recall that I had to go to the doctor’s due to an injury.

I also had a really bad cold three and a half years ago. I had little energy, felt like I was going to through up even though I never did, and had no appetite for pretty much any food so the only things I were willing to eat and drink were saltine crackers and water.

I gave birth without an epidural or any form of pain relief. I was in a pretty deeply meditative state throughout most of it. My husband claims I was "tripping through time" because I would answer questions he asked me 3 hours ago as if he had just asked it. From my viewpoint I felt as if I was extremely present and experiencing everything in the moment but somehow hours would go by. It was honestly a pretty incredible experience. And if I were to have another kid I would probably do it again.

Last edited:
I've never broken a bone or had any extreme tooth pain. I have had a root canal once, but I'm sure it was in early stages of infection so it wasn't too bad. I think I have a fairly high pain tolerance too.

Probably the worst pain I've had was when my TMJ disorder first appeared. My jaw was cramping on and off for a solid 3 days. Imagine like the cramp you get in your leg, but 10x worse and in your jaw. I was on some pretty strong pain killers, but they only lasted about an hour max before wearing off, then having to wait another 3 hours to be able to take more...then took less stronger ones in between. Probably lowkey overdosed on painkillers 😬

I'm a generally weak person, so I haven't really broken a bone. but I do have a few experiences where I felt a lot of pain.

-In the 6th grade when my friend held their fingers tightly around my wrist. Being a weak person, while she is the strongest person I know, it hurt a lot. Later that day in gym class another friend accidentally knocked me over with a basketball and I fell on the exact same wrist where I felt a lot of pain. It hurt badly the rest of the week.
-In the same grade, a few months before, I got hit a soccer ball and passed out for a few seconds. Couldn't see the rest of the day since my glasses broke right above the lens and it kept falling out due to the crack. Had a huge headache and felt a lot of pain near my eye the rest of the day.
-A few weeks ago, I woke up and got a strange cramp in my right leg. Could barely walk on it the rest of the week, so I generally felt a lot of pain since I obviously have to walk everywhere to get to my classes. The same thing happened on my left leg, but it only lasted for the school day and it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the first time it had happened.
-In the 8th grade, I stubbed my pinkie toe on my sister's flute case. My toe is still a bit messed up from that.

Having an abscess on my tonsil was probably the worst pain I've been in. Wont go into the details but the only wait to get rid of it was to be awake during the procedure. Second was probably having all my wisdom teeth out, the healing process is not fun!

One of the worst physical pains I’ve been in is when I suddenly had an allergic reaction to a deodorant I had been using for years. I broke out under my arms in hives and I remember the pain overnight being just so bad and uncomfortable I could not sleep at all. It got that bad because at first I didn’t think it was the deodorant and kept using it. I finally went to the Drs and got a steroid cream that cleared it up (Benadryl and even Cortizone did nothing) and it was the greatest feeling ever.

I’ve also had migraines that were so terrible I threw up.

I remember having my right kneecap remember it like it was yesterday I was in my freshman year of High School. I don´t know how it happened but I woke up one morning with my knee popped, moving at the SLIGHTEST inch caused a whole lot of pain. I was stuck in my bed for 6 hours because my family did not know what to do. I remember screaming and crying so loud that I almost passed out, the pain finally stopped when my dad picked me up and my knee started popping back in it popped so loud that me and my dad could actually hear it. But after all that I went to the ER, basically all I had was some torn ligaments. I was dragging my right leg for a while.

Getting the lining done on my side piece. Holy crow the ribs are a hard place to get tattooed. I don't know why I went from a small back of the neck tattoo (first one) to a giant floral piece all the way down my side. I'm pretty headstrong and have a high tolerance for pain, but I really underestimated the struggle of this one. I had several 4-5 hour sessions of torture </3 At least my artist was really nice
it was worth it though, I'm very happy with it

Edit: Figured I'd also mention that I broke my femur (spiral fracture) just before my 7th birthday and had to spend 6 weeks in a spica cast plus re-learning to walk after along with periodic rolfing (oh dear god no).. Painful memories...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it is the most painful thing I have every physically felt,
but there was one summer where I got the worst sunburn ever!
It made me physically sick and even the air touching it sent stabs throughout my body....

Breaking my arm at age 9. Although I do remember most of what happened that day, I do not remember the pain I felt. However, I heard it was so bad that they had to put a fentanyl patch on me. They didn't even set the bones at the hospital, I needed surgery and everything.

Second painful would probably be spraining my ankle 2 years ago on Christmas. I was taking my dog out so she could use the bathroom and she pulled me off my front porch and I went flying and landed on the concrete on my ankle. It instantly swelled up like a grapefruit. I still have problems with that ankle to this day. They actually wanted to put it in a cast.

Third, would be finding out my boyfriend was cheating on me for the past two years on and off. It was so... it hurt. I lost so much weight because I stopped eating and I was so miserable. It was like someone ripped my heart out directly from my chest and even though they ripped it out, I could feel everything they were doing even after. The fact he abandoned me afterwards and won't even be my friend, hurts so badly still. This happened back in April. I'm still not completely over it.

I was in a printmaking class and we were on the woodblock lesson (aka make your own stamp! but out of wood!). My professor mentioned multiple times to NOT put your hands in the path of your carving tool but of course, I did. Well, my tool slipped and nicked me pretty hard on my finger. I think I went into minor shock from the blood loss and they took me to the hospital and glued me back up. I was "that" kid :(

I don't really consider any of my surgeries painful because I was under anesthesia.

I think I would have to say it was one of my ovarian cysts bursting. I had fluid left over 2 weeks later from that on the ultrasound.

Back