More Tumblr Help Required

Bowie

Bells
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
I really should just have one thread dedicated to all the stuff that goes wrong with my blog, because I have way too many now.

All right, so, my latest issue with my blog happens to be this bloody thing:

2cich2h.png

As you can see, it's a blue line (I added the red so you could see it better). The problem? Well, apart from there being an ugly blue line on my blog, it is preventing my copyright notice from going to the bottom of the page. Instead, it believes that where the line ends is where the page ends, so the copyright notice only goes to there. A simple solution may just be to delete the graphic and make the line invisible (which I can do myself), but my copyright notice would still think it was there and appear above it (instead of the bottom of the page, where it should be), so I need this thing removed completely, if possible.

So, who wants to deal with me again?

Last edited:
If you go into the html and find "post-hover" and delete it it should be removed. I'm not an expert tho so I could be wrong.

If you go into the html and find "post-hover" and delete it it should be removed. I'm not an expert tho so I could be wrong.

I'll give it a go. I think there are multiple different parts of the HTML with "post-hover" in it, though. So, I'm not sure exactly what that will do. I'll try it anyway, though.

Last edited:
I'll give it a go. I think there are multiple different parts of the HTML with "post-hover" in it, though. So, I'm not sure exactly what that will do. I'll try it anyway, though.

I'd just delete them individually until you find the one that deletes it (unless there's like 4838758384737 them rip)

I'd just delete them individually until you find the one that deletes it (unless there's like 4838758384737 them rip)

Well, there was a lot. I deleted all of them, and that actually made the line constant instead of just appearing when you hovered over it, and it also messed up some of the buttons. Well, thanks for trying!

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the code?

Have you figured out what part of the code that was? If you don't have that already, get an add-on that lets you check what part of the code that is (or a browser with that built in). It's helpful to be able to click something and get an option to see it highlighted in all the page's code, since that way you don't have to search for it.

If you got the theme from a theme maker on tumblr, it'd be a good idea to ask them. If you made it yourself you should know what's causing it. There are some tumblr blogs that are all about html help but I can't list any off the top of my head. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

When you press f12 on chrome, you can hover over sections of html to discover exactly what's doing what. I find that that helps sometimes.

Do you have a picture of the code?

Have you figured out what part of the code that was? If you don't have that already, get an add-on that lets you check what part of the code that is (or a browser with that built in). It's helpful to be able to click something and get an option to see it highlighted in all the page's code, since that way you don't have to search for it.

6EWkU1H.png

Have you tried right-clicking only on that thing you want to get rid of? That way you can find out which part of the code it belongs to. Or since you found a repeated line of code that had to do with it, try hovering over them (within the code) until it shows up highlighted on the page. As it is, you're just getting code for all or most of the page (everything that shows up blue in the preview)... try to click that line to see the tags within it.

This probably made more sense in my head.

Have you tried right-clicking only on that thing you want to get rid of? That way you can find out which part of the code it belongs to. Or since you found a repeated line of code that had to do with it, try hovering over them (within the code) until it shows up highlighted on the page. As it is, you're just getting code for all or most of the page (everything that shows up blue in the preview)... try to click that line to see the tags within it.

This probably made more sense in my head.

Actually, no. What's highlighted in that screenshot is just a part of the page. Where the blue line appears is where that section ends. The copyright notice thinks that where the blue line ends is where the bottom of the page is, so it appears just above the line. This also prevents me from clicking on any of the pages, because the area highlighted seems to be acting as a kind of layer. I don't really understand what's causing it, and I've tried removing that code, but it doesn't actually do anything beneficial.

Back