More questions regarding hybrids

AnimalCrossngAddict

Bells
I am new at hybrids and I have not been very successful. I have more hybrids from not even trying.

I do have the Beautiful ordinance.

I have tried planting using the checkerboard pattern and tried just putting 2 together. NO LUCK!!!
I planted some fertilizer. NO LUCK!!

I have also read every single website about hybrids.

I planted half of dozen orange roses together and NOTHING appeared. No red, no yellow, no nothing!!!!!!!
I planted these using the checkerboard pattern.

I also have a private beach with red and yellow roses. The roses have been there over a week. Not even one hybrid.

What am I doing wrong?

1. Do I water all the flowers in my town or just the ones I am trying to hybrid?

2. Should new flowers appear the next day after planting or do they appear several days later?

3. Do I water several times a day?

Thank you for taking the time to reply --- I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Last edited:
It would help if you only watered the ones you want to breed. The checkboard pattern never worked well for me, I always just put my flower directly next to each other and it works. I read an article on how they programmed New Leaf differently so putting them next to each other works better, I don't know how accurate that article is, but it sure has helped me.

It's pretty random, I've gotten hybrids the day after of planting the flowers. I also don't think watering them more than once a day helps at all. Some people claim you can get more hybrids if you don't have a beautiful ordinance, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Last edited:
I find when breeding hybrids its best to only water the hybrids (eg. 2 white roses, 3 purple roses around the white- only water the purple roses.) So only water the ones you want to breed. Also sometimes its better to just plant them in a line c: (Eg. White, red, white, red) and some places are better to breed, so try placing in different places in your town and see where they breed best c:
Depends really, I think you only have a chance of getting 1-2 hybrids a day or something, so somtimes you may get nothing at all :c
And no, once a day should be enough c:

If you need any hybrids to start some breeding, don't hesitate to ask c:

Try to plant your flowers like this:

O X O X O
X O X O X
O X O X O

O = flowers
X = empty slot

Another example (with colors) for orange rose:

O X O X
X O X O
O X O X

O = yellow rose
O = red rose
X = empty slot

If you use a fertilizer, try to bury it in the center of your garden like this:

X O X O X
O X O X O
X O F O X
O X O X O
X O X O X

O = flowers
X = empty slot
F = fertilizer

Garden's size is up to you & you only need to water it once a day. Watering your flowers using silver can will slightly increase the hybrid process faster than a watering can or gold can. When i was still breeding red roses in a very huge garden, i got like 1~4 pink roses (or 1 black rose sometimes) every day.

Last edited:
Just water the ones you want to breed... try watering only two flowers, that always works for me! I usually get 1 or 2 hybrids a day this way

I do believe that the watering can you're using will also play a role in flower breeding. I think the regular can is just whatever, the silver can is optimal, and the golden can is good for watering a bunch of flowers at once at the sacrifice of percentage of breeding a hybrid.

However, I could be wrong about this.

Last edited:
It would help if you only watered the ones you want to breed. The checkboard pattern never worked well for me, I always just put my flower directly next to each other and it works. I read an article on how they programmed New Leaf differently so putting them next to each other works better, I don't know how accurate that article is, but it sure has helped me.

It's pretty random, I've gotten hybrids the day after of planting the flowers. I also don't think watering them more than once a day helps at all. Some people claim you can get more hybrids if you don't have a beautiful ordinance, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Some people claim you can get more hybrids if you don't have a beautiful ordinance

I believe this might be correct. I have more hybrids with Bell ordinance than with the Beatuiful ordinance.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you to everyone for taking YOUR time to help me!!!!!

Everyone posted great tips!!!!!!!

Time is a precious commodity. You took your time to help me and I respect and appreciate your effort.

You could have ignored this post and moved on.

Three cheers for everyone.

I don't know about anyone else but this is what works for me:

Two flowers next to each other. Water them. That's it.
Or maybe I am just lucky. I produce crap loads of hybrids everyday, I always have extras that I give away.

Last edited:
Back