• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monster Hunter discussion

Ive been playing this game none stop everyday since its release! For some reason nintendo shipped mine early so i got to play it a few daya before the friday it came out. I really enjoy it! In past games i used to main insect glaive and bow but in this game im finding insect glaive to ve a pain to use so ive swapped to dual blades, bow and light bow gun. Wish we had both poogies and cohoots since both are adorable!

I feel like i got to hr7 in the game to quickly haha so now im just doing hunts to gear up and make sets for all my weapons since i have no urgent hub quests. But i do have a tendency to complete games if i enjoy them too quickly😅 I cant wait for the update :D
Oh heck yeah, I wasn't even aware of an upcoming update. Thanks for sharing! Something to look forward to at the end of the month. 🥳

I finished all the village quests last night while my S/O had personal things to attend to.

My S/O and I reached HR7 last night. Here's to hoping we are done with Rampage Quests for a while.

I'm having lots of fun with the process of creating good builds for hunting vs. farming. ☺ As someone who loves min/max'ing stuff, this is right up my alley!

finally did the hr4 urgent quest! i had absolutely no idea other peoples urgent quests can count as completing your own, i was just practicing with randies and ... i got hr4??? either way, going to grind a lot of carbalite and climb through high rank.

I do love that change for urgent quests. It makes progressing in a group so much easier than having to repeat the same quest 2, 3, or 4 times.

finally did the hr4 urgent quest! i had absolutely no idea other peoples urgent quests can count as completing your own, i was just practicing with randies and ... i got hr4??? either way, going to grind a lot of carbalite and climb through high rank.
Nice! Yes, it's great that we can do urgent quests in groups, especially Rampage Quests. >_< I'm not a fan of the tower defense-like model, and I'm happy to just take instructions on what to do/how to help from my S/O when we're attempting one. He isn't a fan of them either. XD

I was looking up guides online for maximizing material farming runs from Rampage Quests, and I'm here like, "How can you solo this with two Palicos in 12 minutes?" o_O Personally, I definitely prefer (and actually enjoy) going on hunts.

I haven't played Rise in two weeks xD But l sorta played 4U again. I was taking mostly screenshots of dalamadur because l was going to do custom switch dock of him with W fatalis but l'm just doing W Fatalis. Would anyone like to see it when its finished?

I just want to celebrate tigrex first appearance! Feburary 22nd MHF2 when this new foe came! I forgot to do it on that day on a discord server, so l will do it here.
Monster-Hunter-Backgrounds-042 (2).jpg

I made this image for the celebration. I call this the tigrex family. Who likes tigrex here? Molten might be the worst one l don't like but the others are fine.

I'm a new MH player that started with the new monster hunter rise release and... it's been a while since I've been addicted to a game. Although I really love the game, I'm still struggling with some things though so hopefully my skill will increase whilst playing because right now between remembering all the possible combos and the monster's patterns, my brain feels fried at the end of a quest, lol...

Also some parts of the village are still overwhelming me like all the different crafteable items and for sure the smith with all the different weapons and stats ._.

For now I'm sticking to sword & shield as weapon, I've tried the bow as well as I really like bows in fighting games but I'm horrible at it so I'm going to leave that for another time 🤦‍♂️

I'm a new MH player that started with the new monster hunter rise release and... it's been a while since I've been addicted to a game. Although I really love the game, I'm still struggling with some things though so hopefully my skill will increase whilst playing because right now between remembering all the possible combos and the monster's patterns, my brain feels fried at the end of a quest, lol...

Also some parts of the village are still overwhelming me like all the different crafteable items and for sure the smith with all the different weapons and stats ._.

For now I'm sticking to sword & shield as weapon, I've tried the bow as well as I really like bows in fighting games but I'm horrible at it so I'm going to leave that for another time 🤦‍♂️
I totally relate to this! I have 170+ hours in the game, and I forget that it only just came out on March 26th.

From my limited experience playing with Sword & Shield, it's a weapon that is pretty well-rounded in terms of skills it uses (e.g. as opposed to Great Sword which is essentially positioning and patience). More specifically, I think it's a good weapon to help learn each monster's patterns since I found it pretty easy to get interrupted from monster hits.

Personally, I didn't worry too much about crafting an optimal armor set in low-rank. Look out for armor sets that boost skills that would useful for your weapon (Critical Eye immediately comes to mind) or improve your experience based on your play style (e.g. my play style with the Hunting Horn is taking hits to deal land Magnificent Trio, so any extra slots go to boosting defense).

I hope this information from my limited experience with the Sword and Shield helps you! ^_^

I finished work much earlier than expected last night, so I decided to give a new weapon a try. My S/O walked me through using the Great Sword, and I did embarrassingly bad on a one-star Hub quest. 😅 I'm almost certain I did more damage with Wide Sweeps than Charged Slashes. Instead, he suggested the Long Sword, and I found it much more intuitive and significantly more fun than the Great Sword. I used the Sword and Shield for a while, but I just stopped using it because I personally didn't enjoy hunting with it. It will be nice to have this other option and be able to cut off monster tails for material-farming.

MHR is my first monster hunter and I am in love with this game. I especially love the multiplayer. Me and a few people took down a large amount of high rank monsters in a short time period the other night and it was awesome. I also hardly ever experience any lag in multiplayer. Things run very smoothly for me.
I absolutely love the design of most of the monsters in the game that I've seen so far (I'm HR7). My favorite has to be Mizutsune though. My first impression of Mizutsune was "bubbles? LOL this will be easy" but it was actually one of the toughest monsters for me lol and getting his full set of armor was tough but worth it! I really love the challenge of the monsters. None I have fought seem too easy, always giving me the right amount of challenge. I've been using a mix of charge blade and hunting horn mostly but at one point I'd like to get a good handle on them all. I also love all of the cats in the game and that they can fight with you and have matching armor. It's so adorable. :) They add some charm/humor to the game.

I'm super pumped for the new update in a few days!

I got my first triple cart to a high rank Mitzi! Loved getting beat up and now I feel like I have a challenge. I am determined to beat it with a switch axe.
Bubble blight is probably the status effect that I enjoy getting hit with because it's like I'm trying to fight while slipping and sliding around like a penguin on ice. 😆

For folks that go on solo hunts, which Buddies do you typically bring along?

Personally, I've started trying to bring along two gathering Palicoes when I hunt with the Hunting Horn, since I've reached endgame and am just farming materials for armor/weapons and melding talismans. For any of the monsters I find more intimidating (e.g. Magnamalo, Zinogre), I bring along one gathering and one healing Palico. I have sleep weapons on all my Buddies so I can get in some extra damage with Earthshaker.

finally now its becoming half way there to real monster hunter
Post automatically merged:

I'm going to play again now. If l hurry up designing the switch
I never thought I would be happier to see the words "Regular quests for some of the Apex monsters" in the release notes. Personally, this is the best addition with this update (yes, even more so than the new monsters. Yes, this is how much I detest doing Rampage quests). XD

I never thought I would be happier to see the words "Regular quests for some of the Apex monsters" in the release notes. Personally, this is the best addition with this update (yes, even more so than the new monsters. Yes, this is how much I detest doing Rampage quests). XD

Really?! Regular quests for apex monsters? Awesome! (At work, can't watch trailer yet)

I never ever thought I would be happy to hear that. I wonder if they are going to get their own special armor and weapons too.

I haven't put in the time to learn Rampage quests, so I have no idea what I'm doing with those. Regular quests I can handle.

There is so much in that update! Four new monsters, new apex monsters, solo apex quests, high rank village quests, crafting layered armor, and unlocking hunter rank! Not to mention new DLC extras including the cutest twin tail hairstyle and a parrot skin for our cahoots.

I am very happy about this! I'm super excited for the chameleos armor because it has a witch hat. And I finally unlocked the flying wyvern dive for the insect glaive this morning.

I'm finally soloing high rank hub quests. I feel like I have finally progressed as a hunter. ♡

does anyone on belltree play MH4U? I would like to talk about the game with someone who also played it. Hard for me to find MH4U players anywhere besides discord.

does anyone on belltree play MH4U? I would like to talk about the game with someone who also played it. Hard for me to find MH4U players anywhere besides discord.

I started with 4U and my husband put in a lot more hours than I did. Between the two of us, we can probably answer most questions about it.

ok. I think Apex seregios is fun to fight, what about you?

He was my hubby's favorite. I fought the normal one a couple of times, but never really made it too far.

My favorite monster to fight had to be the half-molted Gore. I just love his theme and he looked awesome.

Back