• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monster Hunter discussion

Mr_Persona

🤍🌌✨🌌🤍
Bells
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2022
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Aurora Sky
Red Super Star Trophy
Eerie Star Potion
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Purple Bat Potion
Monster_Hunter_logo.png

This thread is for the Monster Hunter fans to talk about anything related to MH. Like me who played MHFU, MHGU, MH4U, MH3, MH3U, MHG, MHWI, MHW, MHR, MHXX, MH3P, and Frontier(that game was hard to get) Sadly l haven't played some of these in a while like some been years since l last played👀

You can even chat here if you need help with a monster or like l said, anything! You can also just do report of what quest you accomplished and share it to others.

Today l've been doing hub on my own in Rise because l have no online membership xD But its been fun playing alone and l'm still not surprised this game is easy. I also hunted down G rank Garuga in GU just for fun and I did some event quest in MH4U for fun.

I love Monster Hunter! I got through village and I've just started on Hub 3 with mu hubby who also plays.

I'm really loving how the DBs play this time around. And I'm going to branch out into bow for the first time ever! I'm excited.

i've actually been playing the games since '06 - my first game was freedom unite, which remains one of my all time favorite games and my favorite monster hunter title. i've had super fond memories of playing tri with buddies growing up, punching alatreon over and over. being a nintendo kid really helped me access a lot of the monster hunter titles, and ive played most of the monster hunter titles bar a few japanese exclusives and world.

i've been whittling at rise, ever so tempted to start collecting all the armor : coming back to the series as a veteran's fun, especially utilizing wirebugs features. i'm a proud hammer user, but i've been playing with DBs and i'd like to eventually play with charge blades and switch axes.

Thanks for starting this thread! Rise is my introduction to the series, and I am obsessed! I've gotten to Village 4 and just unlocked Hub 6 with my S/O, who has been playing since World.

I've focused on the Hunting Horn, but I am definitely down to give other weapons a try (currently considering Sword + Shield or Dual Blades).

The toughest monsters for me have been Magnamalo and Mizutsune. It doesn't help that I sometimes often get cocky and refuse to heal with potions. 😅 All the monsters are beautifully designed! It's so satisfying to learn each monster's movesets and defeat them~

Thanks for starting this thread! Rise is my introduction to the series, and I am obsessed! I've gotten to Village 4 and just unlocked Hub 6 with my S/O, who has been playing since World.

I've focused on the Hunting Horn, but I am definitely down to give other weapons a try (currently considering Sword + Shield or Dual Blades).

The toughest monsters for me have been Magnamalo and Mizutsune. It doesn't help that I sometimes often get cocky and refuse to heal with potions. 😅 All the monsters are beautifully designed! It's so satisfying to learn each monster's movesets and defeat them~
sword and shield is actually one of the best weapons in all MH games. l recommend to try it out, just need to get the right armor with proper skills for sword n shield and you're off! Look at some guides for beginners who are new to sword n shield.
Post automatically merged:

i've actually been playing the games since '06 - my first game was freedom unite, which remains one of my all time favorite games and my favorite monster hunter title. i've had super fond memories of playing tri with buddies growing up, punching alatreon over and over. being a nintendo kid really helped me access a lot of the monster hunter titles, and ive played most of the monster hunter titles bar a few japanese exclusives and world.

i've been whittling at rise, ever so tempted to start collecting all the armor : coming back to the series as a veteran's fun, especially utilizing wirebugs features. i'm a proud hammer user, but i've been playing with DBs and i'd like to eventually play with charge blades and switch axes.
do you play the pc version of FU because l have that on pc and l can play online with my brother.

I am trying so hard to not collect all the armor in low rank, because I know I will progress to high rank soon. This is always my problem. I want to make all of the things knowing that I'll just have to make all of the things again.

At least it is super fun to do so. I just wish they would bring back the steampunk glaive design from 4U. That was my first game, so I've been feeling nostalgic for it. I still have it and I can go play it. But, it isn't the same.

I am trying so hard to not collect all the armor in low rank, because I know I will progress to high rank soon. This is always my problem. I want to make all of the things knowing that I'll just have to make all of the things again.

At least it is super fun to do so. I just wish they would bring back the steampunk glaive design from 4U. That was my first game, so I've been feeling nostalgic for it. I still have it and I can go play it. But, it isn't the same.
I use the rule of thumb of if I attempt hunting a monster twice and fail the quest both times, I upgrade my armour.

My S/O also struggles with this problem (and with going bankrupt), albeit with the weapons, because he enjoys playing so many of them. 😆

I use the rule of thumb of if I attempt hunting a monster twice and fail the quest both times, I upgrade my armour.

My S/O also struggles with this problem (and with going bankrupt), albeit with the weapons, because he enjoys playing so many of them. 😆

That was going to be my rule, but I've gotten good enough now that I haven't failed a quest in Rise yet. So, I've been upgrading armor purely for the aesthetics. 😓 I'm in the Somnocanth armor currently and I'm just getting a little bored of it. I've been indulging in making different weapons instead.

That was going to be my rule, but I've gotten good enough now that I haven't failed a quest in Rise yet. So, I've been upgrading armor purely for the aesthetics. 😓 I'm in the Somnocanth armor currently and I'm just getting a little bored of it. I've been indulging in making different weapons instead.
I can see why you want to keep that streak going! The Somnacanth set looks really cool! My Hunter, on the other hand, is a walking fashion disaster. XD I'm currently wearing the Dober Helm, Rathalos Mail, Kulu Braces, Baggi Coil, and Ingot Greaves.

Which element(s) do you prefer having with your weapons? For me, the Webbed Cornupion was a game-changer with its paralysis capatibilities; I genuinely don't know why I stuck with the Kamura Chorus for the longest time.

Which element(s) do you prefer having with your weapons? For me, the Webbed Cornupion was a game-changer with its paralysis capatibilities; I genuinely don't know why I stuck with the Kamura Chorus for the longest time.

I have a soft spot for paralysis weapons. But, I normally reach for sleep weapons when I want to run a specific element. Sleep bombing monsters is so satisfying!

I just discovered that you can make a giant teddy bear hammer! I have to learn how to use the hammer now because bopping monsters on the head with a giant teddy bear! ♡

I have a soft spot for paralysis weapons. But, I normally reach for sleep weapons when I want to run a specific element. Sleep bombing monsters is so satisfying!

I just discovered that you can make a giant teddy bear hammer! I have to learn how to use the hammer now because bopping monsters on the head with a giant teddy bear! ♡
Same here! A lot of the monsters I find the most tedious to hunt can be very jumpy--for lack of a better description--so paralysis comes in handy.

Awww, that hammer reminds me of the Felyne Claws dual blades. :3

@Mr_Persona, I gave the Sword and Shield a shot over the weekend with some low-rank quests, and I had a good time! It was nice to be able to cut off tails for once. XD I also noticed I got hit much less frequently compared to when I use the Hunting Horn, but I don't know how much of that is actual skill or the psychological effect of knowing that I can't heal myself with attacks. 😅

I learned how to capture monsters yesterday! For Hub quests, I've let my S/O do the trapping. XD It was a lot less nerve-wracking than I thought it would be (I was worried that I would be too slow to tranquilize the monster).

Same here! A lot of the monsters I find the most tedious to hunt can be very jumpy--for lack of a better description--so paralysis comes in handy.

Awww, that hammer reminds me of the Felyne Claws dual blades. :3

@Mr_Persona, I gave the Sword and Shield a shot over the weekend with some low-rank quests, and I had a good time! It was nice to be able to cut off tails for once. XD I also noticed I got hit much less frequently compared to when I use the Hunting Horn, but I don't know how much of that is actual skill or the psychological effect of knowing that I can't heal myself with attacks. 😅

I learned how to capture monsters yesterday! For Hub quests, I've let my S/O do the trapping. XD It was a lot less nerve-wracking than I thought it would be (I was worried that I would be too slow to tranquilize the monster).
great to hear you're enjoying the sword. Here's a tip, hunting horn isn't a weapon for cutting off tails, more for supporting your teammates and hitting the head on monsters. Basically its more useful when online with other players. Great sword which l like to use is for cutting off tails, breaking the head and other areas of the monster, good to also use offline and online(whichever) Sword n shield is also good for offline too. LS, GS, SS, DB, CB, SA are known as slaying weapons. I sorta count insect glaive good for cutting off tails if you hit it enough times, the tails can be cutt off pretty quickly when you use the weapon.

Last edited:
I seem to be finding all the random not actually useful unless you like collecting things trivia today. But, I found out that if you kill a monster 10 times, Rhondine the trader gets a wall scroll that you can buy for your room.

Also, if you talk to everyone in the village, you get an achievement on your Guild Card. I feel like that one is very obscure and I'm glad I decided to talk everyone to get rid of the "you're a hunter now" dialoge the people have.

finally got to 7* village quests and cleared the hr3 urgent quest, which means i need to do the hr4 urgent quest. i'm ... not really excited to have to do a rampage quest - much less one with apex arzuros - to get to high rank. is he extremely hard?

finally got to 7* village quests and cleared the hr3 urgent quest, which means i need to do the hr4 urgent quest. i'm ... not really excited to have to do a rampage quest - much less one with apex arzuros - to get to high rank. is he extremely hard?

I think rampages are easier to do in a team. I did him with my husband and we both carted a few times, but we managed to beat it. He has done more solo rampages than me so he basically operated everything while I beat up monsters.

great to hear you're enjoying the sword. Here's a tip, hunting horn isn't a weapon for cutting off tails, more for supporting your teammates and hitting the head on monsters. Basically its more useful when online with other players. Great sword which l like to use is for cutting off tails, breaking the head and other areas of the monster, good to also use offline and online(whichever) Sword n shield is also good for offline too. LS, GS, SS, DB, CB, SA are known as slaying weapons. I sorta count insect glaive good for cutting off tails if you hit it enough times, the tails can be cutt off pretty quickly when you use the weapon.
Thanks for the tips! I've definitely noticed that the Hunting Horn is great for bonking monsters' heads and have even managed to break off wings on some occasions, which was part of the reason why I wanted to try out a severing type weapon. I might give the Long Sword a try down the road, since some monsters keep their tails up high.

I completely agree; the Hunting Horn provides fantastic support to teammates. And from what I've heard from my S/O, it can be used more offensively in Rise compared to World, where it provided mainly support (anecdotally, he recalls spending half the time during quests playing melodies). So I'm glad I can contribute a lot more damage to hunts. 😆

I seem to be finding all the random not actually useful unless you like collecting things trivia today. But, I found out that if you kill a monster 10 times, Rhondine the trader gets a wall scroll that you can buy for your room.

Also, if you talk to everyone in the village, you get an achievement on your Guild Card. I feel like that one is very obscure and I'm glad I decided to talk everyone to get rid of the "you're a hunter now" dialoge the people have.
Nice finds, thanks for sharing! I thought the wall scrolls would randomly appear, so it's nice to know that's what gets them to show up in Rhondine's wares.

Nice! I also dislike doing Rampage Quests and always do them with my S/O. If I remember correctly, Apex Arzuros wasn't that bad; my S/O and I set up all the platforms then I actually went down to fight it (like a normal hunt) since it beelined for the final gate.

I finally went out on all the expeditions to place all my great wirebugs out in the jeweled lillies. It is a game changer now that I figured out that you can see them on the map. They are white arrows before you put them down and turn to yellow arrows when you place them.

Thanks for the tips! I've definitely noticed that the Hunting Horn is great for bonking monsters' heads and have even managed to break off wings on some occasions, which was part of the reason why I wanted to try out a severing type weapon. I might give the Long Sword a try down the road, since some monsters keep their tails up high.

I completely agree; the Hunting Horn provides fantastic support to teammates. And from what I've heard from my S/O, it can be used more offensively in Rise compared to World, where it provided mainly support (anecdotally, he recalls spending half the time during quests playing melodies). So I'm glad I can contribute a lot more damage to hunts. 😆

Nice finds, thanks for sharing! I thought the wall scrolls would randomly appear, so it's nice to know that's what gets them to show up in Rhondine's wares.

Nice! I also dislike doing Rampage Quests and always do them with my S/O. If I remember correctly, Apex Arzuros wasn't that bad; my S/O and I set up all the platforms then I actually went down to fight it (like a normal hunt) since it beelined for the final gate.
In rise there's a huge change with the hunting horn. It's now an easier weapon compared to the previous games. I still don't mind either version of it.

Ive been playing this game none stop everyday since its release! For some reason nintendo shipped mine early so i got to play it a few daya before the friday it came out. I really enjoy it! In past games i used to main insect glaive and bow but in this game im finding insect glaive to ve a pain to use so ive swapped to dual blades, bow and light bow gun. Wish we had both poogies and cohoots since both are adorable!

I feel like i got to hr7 in the game to quickly haha so now im just doing hunts to gear up and make sets for all my weapons since i have no urgent hub quests. But i do have a tendency to complete games if i enjoy them too quickly😅 I cant wait for the update :D

I am torn between wanting to climb HR and wanting to complete all of my quests. I find it much more satisfying to unlock scrolls and fill out my guild card than just climbing HR.

I also read the flavor text for the Mitztsuni armor and discovered that his armor is actually wedding gear! I love it even more now.

Back