Moments where things potentially could have gone VERY wrong?

A few years ago on 4th of July, one of the fireworks tilted over and shot straight at me. It only barely skimmed me by the shoulder though. Although I didn't get hurt, it caused a fire on one our neighbor's lawn.

When I was visiting my family in Hawaii, we all went to the beach for the day. It was my first time seeing clear, blue, and warm/beautiful ocean water. I didn't hesitate running out to sea to be splashed with the fresh waves. (While there's nothing wrong with that, I did however stray far too much away from my parents.) My uncle nearly flipped and swam out to retrieve me. I got sucked into the pull and my legs grew tired from trying to kick back to the shore. The waves grew, I became more tired, and I naturally panicked because, ya know, I was about to drown. Water kept hitting my face, so my uncle yelled out and told me, "Wittle_Munchkin, relax. Take deep breaths. Swim diagonally AND GO UNDER THE WAVES; GO UNDERWATER. HURRY!"
I listened to him, finally joined him, and we swam back. It was one of the scariest experiences I had in awhile.

Swimming in the sea like I would in my swimming pool? Never again. I'm scarred.

Back