Mixing furniture series

The_Storyteller

Bells
Hi all!

I'm really into my houses at the moment. I have six! The task ahead is somewhat daunting, having to gather all the items I need and think of interesting rooms relating to each residents' theme. It's a big job!

I've been trying out playing around with different furniture series and items I wouldn't usually go for. I went to a dream town once where someone had mixed the Gracie series and the cabana series customised rainbow. It was weird but it worked.

I started really mixing furniture series in HHD, because the design features in there, as well as lack of having to spend time/ Bells on furniture and refurbishing means that getting creative is a lot easier. I started with compatible ones; classic and regal. Exotic and cabana. Minimalist and modern wood. So on and so forth.

But I'm getting bolder. My latest idea is a mad clash between Pave and lovely with grey tones in there as well. What are your feelings on mixing furniture sets? What's the craziest combination you've ever done? What works and what doesn't???

Hi all!

I'm really into my houses at the moment. I have six! The task ahead is somewhat daunting, having to gather all the items I need and think of interesting rooms relating to each residents' theme. It's a big job!

I've been trying out playing around with different furniture series and items I wouldn't usually go for. I went to a dream town once where someone had mixed the Gracie series and the cabana series customised rainbow. It was weird but it worked.

I started really mixing furniture series in HHD, because the design features in there, as well as lack of having to spend time/ Bells on furniture and refurbishing means that getting creative is a lot easier. I started with compatible ones; classic and regal. Exotic and cabana. Minimalist and modern wood. So on and so forth.

But I'm getting bolder. My latest idea is a mad clash between Pave and lovely with grey tones in there as well. What are your feelings on mixing furniture sets? What's the craziest combination you've ever done? What works and what doesn't???

I have mixed a lot of furniture. I pretty much stick anything together that meshes well. I have the mush series with a lot of the bug stuff. The nature outdoor things meshes well. I have a kitchen with a mix of minimalist series because I love the brightness of minimalist white in the kitchen. I think things that don't work are just a random mix of things. I don't think you can go wrong if you stick items that match and blend together in random ways.

Mixing furniture is my most favorite thing to do in New Leaf. I also love visiting dream towns where they also like mixing the furniture. I like seeing others creativity. Do you have a dream code? I would love to visit.

My Gables towns houses are from the early 1900's. I've been using a lot of classic mixed with other sets, like Princess, pave, rococo, and regal. I also used a lot of wallpaper patterns. It really changes the look of the room.

Mixing furniture is my most favorite thing to do in New Leaf. I also love visiting dream towns where they also like mixing the furniture. I like seeing others creativity. Do you have a dream code? I would love to visit.

My Gables towns houses are from the early 1900's. I've been using a lot of classic mixed with other sets, like Princess, pave, rococo, and regal. I also used a lot of wallpaper patterns. It really changes the look of the room.

Omg, I think I've visited five of your dream towns? Every time I check there's more. I go back to them all the time for inspiration! I do have a DA but I haven't updated it in a while and the internet is bummed at the moment, which sucks because I would love to get some feedback on my rad ideas. Some of them a kind of whack and I wonder where do you draw the line? But I have a totally crazy character and I really just want to let loose. I'm sooo done with the HHA and how lame and limiting it is. I just want to mix stuff and try things and see what works and what doesn't. The houses is literally my fav part of New Leaf, and since they did the update it's only gotten better! I'm super impatient though, and gathering all the furniture takes forever

Back