• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Method for Villager House Placement?

Sophia Kitkat

Bells
Pietro should be moving in tomorrow, so I have a question. Is there any way to influence the area that his house will be built? I do not want him to end up moving somewhere that's absolutely horrendous, messing up my entire town. Will his house placement automatically reset if I exit the game without saving? Some input would be very much appreciated.

You could try plot resetting. The simple rundown is that you start up the game with a new character instead of your mayor or alt. You check for the plot. If you like it, you save the character and then you delete it from the memory. If you don't, rinse and repeat until you like it. You can use PWPs, notably fences, to cut off large sections of land where you don't want him to move in.

There is something called plot resetting. The method i use is that i load up my mayor and TT a few minutes before 6 am on the next morning. That is when your town will turn over for the next day. I then quickly save and quit on my mayor and load up a new character, not the mayor or it will be messed up. Then you go through the set up with Rover and once you get to town, instead of going to Isabelle right away, run around town and look for a fresh plot for Pietro. If you like the location, go see Isabelle and finish the tutorial process by going to pick your house with Tom Nook. If you don't like the spot, exit without saving and then try again until you find a spot that works. Once you load your mayor and save once again, the plot will be locked in and you can delete the new character :) hope i helped. Some people use similar methods but this is what i use

- - - Post Merge - - -

only one PWP can be built a day though so it would only block off a part of land for him not to move in to.

Thank you, guys! I'll be sure to try that method. I appreciate it. c:

I had an incident earlier where i couldn't find a plot for Fang, whom i asked to move in from another town. Sometimes it doesn't appear right away so i suggest carefully checking over a few times (i tried it with 3 different new characters) before moving to the next day if you can't find it. He ended up appearing the following day so you just have to be careful. Glad i could help :)

oh that happened to me with filbert except his plot nvr appeared when i tried and i did it right a couple times

+ also if Pietro keeps placing his house plot in the same places, you can always turn off your ds to reset and he'll start placing his house plot in other locations.

Plot resetting should do the trick. Like other people said, make sure you start up with a new character! Otherwise it will be permanent ; n ;

There's a fairly detailed guide here if you need more information about it! Best of luck ( ? ▽ ` )ノ

Like mentioned several times above, plot reset :) time travel to 5.50-5.59AM or so with your mayor and save immediately. Start up a new player once it's past 6AM on the day they'll be setting up their plot. If you like where they placed their plot, save. If not, exit without saving. You might get it on the first try, or it might take several tries. It takes some patience, sometimes :)

Back