MBTI type for each personality?

thisistian

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
Thought it'd be fun to match each personality with a MBTI type. :p

I think snooty most resembles INFJ, lazy is probably ISFP and ENFP/ENFJ for the smug villagers.

What do you guys think? :D

I agree with your assessment of snooty villagers.
I don't know a lot about the MBTI types, but I think normal villagers are closest to either INFP or ISFP.

I don't really think the Animal Crossing personalities line up with MBTI types very well. The best way I can think to show you what I mean is that my roleplay partner (who has done a ton of research and reading about MBTI) and I been MBTI typing all our original characters and Animal Crossing personality typing as well. They don't line up at all. I have an ENTP snooty, an INFJ snooty, an ISTJ normal, an ISFJ cranky, an ENFP peppy, an ENTP smug and an ESTP smug

I could see a correlation though, I think smug might correlate with tertiary Fe and Normal with dominant Si, peppy seems to be kinda FP? Like the high up Se or Ne without the tertiary Fe, hm..... yeah I don't think it works.

Last edited:
I don't really think the Animal Crossing personalities line up with MBTI types very well. The best way I can think to show you what I mean is that my roleplay partner (who has done a ton of research and reading about MBTI) and I been MBTI typing all our original characters and Animal Crossing personality typing as well. They don't line up at all. I have an ENTP snooty, an INFJ snooty, an ISTJ normal, an ISFJ cranky, an ENFP peppy, an ENTP smug and an ESTP smug

I could see a correlation though, I think smug might correlate with tertiary Fe and Normal with dominant Si, peppy seems to be kinda FP? Like the high up Se or Ne without the tertiary Fe, hm..... yeah I don't think it works.
well, to be fair, there are more MBTI personalities than animal crossing personalities. if you applied both to preexisting characters the MBTI types would be more diverse and more specific than the animal crossing ones.
i don't know enough about MBTI to give a great judgement. i could take the text and answer with what i think each animal crossing personality would answer, but there are a lot of questions and i'd have to do it eight times. based on what i can gather about each type, i think these might align:
  • Normal: ISTJ, INFJ, INTJ, INFP, INTP, ISFJ
  • Peppy: ENFJ, ESFJ, ESFP
  • Snooty: ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFP
  • Uchi: ENFP, ESTJ, ISFJ, ENTP, ISFP
  • Lazy: ESTP
  • Jock: ESFJ, ENFP, ESTP, ENTJ
  • Cranky: ISTP, ISFP
  • Smug: ENFJ, ESFJ, ESFP
like i said, though, i don't know much about this stuff so this is just a guess.

The thing is that MBTI is really more about information processing and not so much about personality as websites like 16 personalities will lead you to think. Whereas Animal Crossing personality types really are personalities. Certain things do indeed correlate. Taking the peppy for example, that 'excite' vibe can possibly be caused by extraverted intuition (Ne) dominance, found in the EN*P, and the normal personality does give Si vibes from the IS*J, but you can't really say much. Because Ne dominance in the ENTP can also lead to a charming more Smug like persona with the use of their tertiary Fe, I'd have to ask my friend for more details but Animal Crossing characters really are too specific and simplistic to judge their information processing, in fact, as they barely interact with you or their environment and don't have much AI rather just a bunch of prewritten dialogue you can argue they don't have an MBTI at all. Like said ENTP can also just be arrogant for no reason and be a snooty character.

I had a pretty interesting discussion about this that AI characters such as Sims might just all be ESTP regardless of what their personality is because their information processing will always be: external info -> internal logic just by being simplistic AI so they are technically Se Ti (ESTP)

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand MBTI that much. Like, I understand the basic concept, but have no idea how to go about classifying people. I can't even remember my own type, much less come up with something for anyone else.

The character you are playing at is definitely ISFJ though. The entire game of animal crossing is very ISFJ, it's got strong Si vibes (Si is past experience and attention to detail, which lends well to the routine and the simple and mundane of animal crossing) combined with Fe (which is about connecting with others and interpersonal harmony). Animal Crossing is ISFJ, the game, honestly

The thing is that MBTI is really more about information processing and not so much about personality as websites like 16 personalities will lead you to think. Whereas Animal Crossing personality types really are personalities. Certain things do indeed correlate. Taking the peppy for example, that 'excite' vibe can possibly be caused by extraverted intuition (Ne) dominance, found in the EN*P, and the normal personality does give Si vibes from the IS*J, but you can't really say much. Because Ne dominance in the ENTP can also lead to a charming more Smug like persona with the use of their tertiary Fe, I'd have to ask my friend for more details but Animal Crossing characters really are too specific and simplistic to judge their information processing, in fact, as they barely interact with you or their environment and don't have much AI rather just a bunch of prewritten dialogue you can argue they don't have an MBTI at all. Like said ENTP can also just be arrogant for no reason and be a snooty character.

I had a pretty interesting discussion about this that AI characters such as Sims might just all be ESTP regardless of what their personality is because their information processing will always be: external info -> internal logic just by being simplistic AI so they are technically Se Ti (ESTP)

I’m not understanding this lol

^Basically what it comes down to is that MBTI isn't about 4 letters but rather the function stack these represent, it basically describes how you take in a process information

Back