• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mayor + Villagers Art [ Paying, of course ]

Your art style is cute, so I'd be interested. : ) Was there a particularly number you wanted to do?
I don't mind for you Amissa. Whatever you want, I will do it.

Awesome! I just gave your mayor a try :
guYiDO.jpg
*faints*

Last edited:
I don't mind for you Amissa. Whatever you want, I will do it.

Aww, that's really sweet of you. ;-; Thanks! I'd gun for the whole 10 + Mayor, but that's a lot of work and I know you run (two?) shops already. I just feel really bad adding to your load. lol

And did you have a price in mind? This can always be put on a backburner, too, if you have other commissions to worry about. I wouldn't want to bog you down.

Aww, that's really sweet of you. ;-; Thanks! I'd gun for the whole 10 + Mayor, but that's a lot of work and I know you run (two?) shops already. I just feel really bad adding to your load. lol

And did you have a price in mind? This can always be put on a backburner, too, if you have other commissions to worry about. I wouldn't want to bog you down.
Just one shop, that other thread was for me to try out my new style. I don't plan for it to be a shop. ^^; Plus I don't mind. Art is my passion! I don't mind doing all 10 villagers and your mayor but it will take me sometime.

Price.....uh.... no idea. o-o;
I'm going to do it the same way as I did my tbt art entry. Sketch, ink, scan, color. If that gives you an idea.

Last edited:
Good luck, Amissa you deserve all the art you can get : D

Thank you so much. ;-; I hope it works out that way!

Just one shop, that other thread was for me to try out my new style. I don't plan for it to be a shop. ^^; Plus I don't mind. Art is my passion! I don't mind doing all 10 villagers and your mayor but it will take me sometime.

Price.....uh.... no idea. o-o;
I'm going to do it the same way as I did my tbt art entry. Sketch, ink, scan, color. If that gives you an idea.

Alright, as long as you don't mind! : ) And I have no problem with how long it takes. I know art takes time (I definitely know, lol), plus I know you've got a lot of pixel stuff on your plate, too.

Okay, I think I know what you mean (the flat-colorish with textures, right? Unless that's not a texture. I would guess it was, but I don't know. XD) Well, I'll go ahead and offer you the same I did for one earlier today. How does 1,500 sound?

I don't have a specific theme in mind or anything right now, but I do love themes of all kinds. It makes the sigs stand out from each other. But that's fine if you'd rather not do any sort of theme, too! (Or if you don't have any in mind, I can think up some suggestions.)

Thank you so much. ;-; I hope it works out that way!

Alright, as long as you don't mind! : ) And I have no problem with how long it takes. I know art takes time (I definitely know, lol), plus I know you've got a lot of pixel stuff on your plate, too.

Okay, I think I know what you mean (the flat-colorish with textures, right? Unless that's not a texture. I would guess it was, but I don't know. XD) Well, I'll go ahead and offer you the same I did for one earlier today. How does 1,500 sound?

I don't have a specific theme in mind or anything right now, but I do love themes of all kinds. It makes the sigs stand out from each other. But that's fine if you'd rather not do any sort of theme, too! (Or if you don't have any in mind, I can think up some suggestions.)
Hehe, thank you Amissa. :)

Uhhhh. Not sure what you mean but the texture, I go with whatever I think works. I only use the ink for the outlines, I don't own anything to color them traditionally besides acrylic paint, but I don't used it for that sort of thing. ^^; 1.5k is fine. I'll do that.

Hmm.... I'd love a theme and suggestions. ^^

Last edited:
Hehe, thank you. :)

Uhhhh. Not sure what you mean but the texture, I go with whatever I think works. I only use the ink for the outlines, I don't own anything to color them traditionally with besides acrylic paint, but I don't used it for that sort of thing. ^^; 1.5k is fine. I'll do that.

Hmm.... I'd love a theme and suggestions. ^^

Oh, I thought you used a smoky kind of texture layed over your work (the kind you put on in photoshop, etc, like special brushes/textures)! Sorry if I was wrong! I see a lot of people use textures to get awesome effects and stuff--I didn't mean it as any slight to you. I've just never seen the effects like that made any other way. XD

Okay, awesome. : ) Thank you!

As for a theme... hmm. I'll put a few ideas out there and you can see if any spark your inspiration? Like, um... spring is coming up, so maybe something spring-themed. And Valentine's is coming up, too, so something with a V-day theme would also be really fun! Or a beach theme, maybe? And this could be complicated, so I don't mind if you rule it out, but something RPG-themed (with classes and stuff) could also be super-cool. ...That's all I can think of directly off the top of my head at this time of the morning. If none of those spark and you need more ideas, let me know!

good luck on your art quest *u* i would totes draw but i butcher the villagers like hell xDDD

good luck on your art quest *u* i would totes draw but i butcher the villagers like hell xDDD

Haha, it's okay! I appreciate the good luck, nonetheless. : ) And I feel you. I still have a loooooot of trouble with many of the villagers, myself. XD;;; I need lots of practice.

Oh, I thought you used a smoky kind of texture layed over your work (the kind you put on in photoshop, etc, like special brushes/textures)! Sorry if I was wrong! I see a lot of people use textures to get awesome effects and stuff--I didn't mean it as any slight to you. I've just never seen the effects like that made any other way. XD

Okay, awesome. : ) Thank you!

As for a theme... hmm. I'll put a few ideas out there and you can see if any spark your inspiration? Like, um... spring is coming up, so maybe something spring-themed. And Valentine's is coming up, too, so something with a V-day theme would also be really fun! Or a beach theme, maybe? And this could be complicated, so I don't mind if you rule it out, but something RPG-themed (with classes and stuff) could also be super-cool. ...That's all I can think of directly off the top of my head at this time of the morning. If none of those spark and you need more ideas, let me know!
Oh I see. I don't own photoshop but I do own sort of a special brush? lol

Hmmmmm.... I'll read about your mayor again and see what I can come up with. I'll let you know before I start on it.
IDK why but when you said RPG I thought of a Mother theme. XD

Oh I see. I don't own photoshop but I do own sort of a special brush? lol

Hmmmmm.... I'll read about your mayor again and see what I can come up with. I'll let you know before I start on it.
IDK why but when you said RPG I thought of a Mother theme. XD

Ohhh, okay! Yeah, Photoshop is the only program I'm familiar with, but I'm sure SAI and other ones have brushes and stuff too. Makes sense!

Alright, sounds good. : ) I'll pay you right before you start, then, whenever you have time. Just let me know and I'll pay ASAP when you're ready. No rush at all, though. Absolutely take your time!

(LOL! Oh man, Mother-themed could be really cool, too, if you had any ideas regarding that. Or any sort of RPG or video game, really. Like Mario or Zelda. They have some awesome costumes/outfits!)

Ohhh, okay! Yeah, Photoshop is the only program I'm familiar with, but I'm sure SAI and other ones have brushes and stuff too. Makes sense!

Alright, sounds good. : ) I'll pay you right before you start, then, whenever you have time. Just let me know and I'll pay ASAP when you're ready. No rush at all, though. Absolutely take your time!

(LOL! Oh man, Mother-themed could be really cool, too, if you had any ideas regarding that. Or any sort of RPG or video game, really. Like Mario or Zelda. They have some awesome costumes/outfits!)
Alright! Thank you! :)

How about all video games you like all into one as a theme? :cool:
Each wearing a type/style of costumes/outfits representing each game?
IDK lol.

Last edited:
Alright! Thank you! :)

How about all video games you like all into one as a theme? :cool:
Each wearing a type/style of costumes/outfits representing each game?
IDK lol.

Ohh, that would be wicked cool! Maybe like cosplay of game outfits? That would be really awesome.

Let me see if I can think of games... Well, you already know I love EarthBound and Mother 3. XD I also grew up with Mario games, so anything like that featured could be cool, too. Same with Zelda games (I have a distinct fondness for Skyward Sword, though, if that wasn't too obvious by my Zelda fanarts. Haha)! Man, it's hard to narrow these down to faves... I also really love Dragon Quest IV. Chrono Cross (PS). Harvest Moon (especially Animal Parade for the Wii). Secret of Mana (SNES). Rune Factory 4 (3DS). Breath of Fire II (SNES) Bet you can't guess what my favorite system was. lolol Legend of Mana (PS). Chrono Trigger (SNES). Final Fantasy VII (PS).

...That's a lot, already. I better stop. XD;; Well, if you're familiar with any of those or if they inspire, those are some of my absolute favorites. As for Melody specifically, I was thinking maybe Rosalina (from the Mario series---don't want to confuse you with the possibility of who knows how many other RPG Rosalinas out there LOL)---it just struck me as the kind of character she would LOVE to dress up as.

I apologize in advance if my words and stuff are jumbled or don't make much sense. It's almost 2:30AM where I am.

Last edited:
Ohh, that would be wicked cool! Maybe like cosplay of game outfits? That would be really awesome.

Let me see if I can think of games... Well, you already know I love EarthBound and Mother 3. XD I also grew up with Mario games, so anything like that featured could be cool, too. Same with Zelda games (I have a distinct fondness for Skyward Sword, though, if that wasn't too obvious by my Zelda fanarts. Haha)! Man, it's hard to narrow these down to faves... I also really love Dragon Quest IV. Chrono Cross (PS). Harvest Moon (especially Animal Parade for the Wii). Secret of Mana (SNES). Rune Factory 4 (3DS). Breath of Fire II (SNES) Bet you can't guess what my favorite system was. lolol Legend of Mana (PS). Chrono Trigger (SNES). Final Fantasy VII (PS).

...That's a lot, already. I better stop. XD;; Well, if you're familiar with any of those or if they inspire, those are some of my absolute favorites. As for Melody specifically, I was thinking maybe Rosalina (from the Mario series---don't want to confuse you with the possibility of who knows how many other RPG Rosalinas out there LOL)---it just struck me as the kind of character she would LOVE to dress up as.

I apologize in advance if my words and stuff are jumbled or don't make much sense. It's almost 2:30AM where I am.
Don't worry I got it, and yup you got my idea. ^^
Could you tell me which characters you want me dress to as who and what from? That would be a lot easier for me. I can google the refs. :)

Last edited:
Don't worry I got it, and yup you got my idea. ^^
Could you tell me which characters you want me dress to as who and what from? That would be a lot easier for me. I can google the refs. :)

Sure thing! I'll get on that later today. : ) It's 3:30 AM, so I should really hit the sack. Hahaha.

ALRIGHT, I think I've got a good line-up for the cosplays now...

Melody Rose (Mayor) - Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)

Fang - Serge (Chrono Cross)
Diana - Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess outfit)
Beau - Randi (Secret of Mana)
Cookie - Michelle (Harvest Moon: A New Beginning) She just totally makes me think of Cookie...
Marshal - Lucas from Mother 3 (HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE.)
Skye - Momo (Breath of Fire 3)
Julian - Julius (Harvest Moon: Animal Parade) This was too perfect. Even their personalities and names.
Felicity - Tina (Harvest Moon: A New Beginning)
Kid Cat - Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
Maelle - Princess Tutu (Princess Tutu) I know this one isn't a video game, but I caaaan't hellllp iiiit. Ducks will always make me think of PT.

If any of these don't work for you, let me know!

ALRIGHT, I think I've got a good line-up for the cosplays now...

Melody Rose (Mayor) - Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)

Fang - Serge (Chrono Cross)
Diana - Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess outfit)
Beau - Randi (Secret of Mana)
Cookie - Michelle (Harvest Moon: A New Beginning) She just totally makes me think of Cookie...
Marshal - Lucas from Mother 3 (HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE.)
Skye - Momo (Breath of Fire 3)
Julian - Julius (Harvest Moon: Animal Parade) This was too perfect. Even their personalities and names.
Felicity - Tina (Harvest Moon: A New Beginning)
Kid Cat - Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
Maelle - Princess Tutu (Princess Tutu) I know this one isn't a video game, but I caaaan't hellllp iiiit. Ducks will always make me think of PT.

If any of these don't work for you, let me know!
I'll look up them up and compare. I'm pretty happy with that. :)

Back