• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Marketplace regrets

Kattea

Bells
Glitched Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Dreamy Easter Egg
Share your best marketplace regret stories:
  • Times you overspent on a collectible
  • Times you sold a collectible for embarrassingly cheap

In retrospect, I wildly overspent on a Yule Log. Not knowing at the time that it would eventually return in a future Christmas event and become a bit more common, I traded an Aurora Sky and a Strange Doll for it. It was fair at the time since the Yule Log was limited and rare, but yeah.

I sold an aurora egg for 1.5k which I think is around what it went for back then, so no biggie, but I wouldn't have expected it to go for as much as it does nowadays. What sucks is that I'm pretty sure that was my first or otherwise one of my first times selling anything on the marketplace and I remember only doing it because I needed tbt to buy a bigger mailbox, and then shortly after we moved to the 3.0 version of the forum and got unlimited PM space : (

I bought my aurora egg back in like 2019 for 900 tbt. can't exactly remember who sold it to me but bless their heart :,,,,)

I traded like 18,000 tbt + some other wildly expensive collectible for a final boss feather back in 2022. I honestly don't regret it because I love my final boss feather, but I definitely overplayed for it haha.

When Dreamy / Nightmare egg came out I sold quite a few for no more than 3k... oops

For two seconds I really wanted a Flea collectible and then there was an auction on one so I bid like 800 TBT on it and won the auction

Then I gave it away maybe a year later

i traded my 2016 fair heart wand back in 2020 for a popsicle, rad feather and toy hammer
IMG_6758.png

My biggest one is selling my apples for Nook Mile Tickets, believing that they would sell for TBT, only for them to be a worthless currency immediately after. Some others I have:
  • Selling a Pokéball for 9,000 TBT back when they were sellable for 20,000 TBT. This is why I don’t take PM offers anymore.
  • Rejecting an offer of 10,000 TBT plus apple for a star glow wand. I ended up getting only 8,000 TBT with no apple at all.
  • To be honest, I don’t have very many regrets. I could’ve made better decisions on some collectible sales, but weren’t much.
The overspending or giving away Bells or collectibles isn’t much of an issue for me. Yes, I could’ve spent less, but others would’ve needed the Bells. And if you spend lots on one collectible, then resell it later for less, you can still obtain new collectibles from events that you can resell for TBT.

Last edited:
Probably the only time I would say I regretted anything (and I really didn't) Was during the first event I took part in during the 2021 world championship. I got points for all the events and whatnot, but never bought anything because I was kind of new to it and never used the shop. I didn't realize that the shop was a hyperlink and I just checked on the dropdown menu. Oh nothing's in the inventory guess I gotta wait.

Maybe also a few times people lied to me, in around the end of the event, and since I didn't use my event points yet they asked for something. I personally didn't care at the time and figured it would make them happy. Only to find out a day later that they're up for sell for tbt. I would've rather given them tbt lmao.

i always end up buying things from other users when they come out cause of the fomo! usually im not too active or i log in after the event and see the pretty new collectibles and go wow,, i need it. and soon later theyre worth a fraction what i paid for. its always worth it for me at the time though. im just not very financially money smart

Back