Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I just watched a race Justin was in before joining and he was in like 4TH and everyone crashed into him and red shelled him at the end and he got 9th :X

I hate it when dat happens.

Hehehe.

I disagree with your disagreeing, Nintendo needs harsh criticism. Especially on their decision to utterly kill Battle Mode.

Battle Mode isn't as strong as the previous games and I can definitely see they focused on the racing over the battle mode but...
It's really not as bad as people claim it to be. People are way too harsh.

That's the thing with everyone now-a-days. People are way too critical. Enjoy what you got, even if it's not perfect.
Be thankful Nintendo is still around to give us another glorious masterpiece. Seriously.
The soundtrack alone makes me want to burst into tears. Just a beautiful game, man.

what the **** is this bull****
you cant use your items like bananas and shells to drag behind you so you get an extra item slot anymore?
and i just got hit by a ****ing blue shell when i was in third place **** this bull****

what the **** do i use coins for and why is there a ****ing useless horn someone pls help

Last edited:
what the **** is this bull****
you cant use your items like bananas and shells to drag behind you so you get an extra item slot anymore?
and i just got hit by a ****ing blue shell when i was in third place **** this bull****

what the **** do i use coins for and why is there a ****ing useless horn someone pls help

You gather coins to help you go faster. You max at 10. Ofc you lose them when you get hit. Just gather more. You'll be fine.
As for the horn, it disrupts all items and players by you. You can also destroy blue, red or green shells near you.

Yeah I didn't like the whole "we took out dragging items behind you. Only one item now." thing but what I do is uh....
I hoard my bananas or shells. Like if I'm in first and I get a banana or shell, I latch onto that thing like it's a limb of mine.
And I only let it go behind me if I see a green/red shell. Then you gotta haul ass to another box...

I just watched a race Justin was in before joining and he was in like 4TH and everyone crashed into him and red shelled him at the end and he got 9th :X

I hate it when dat happens.

That's awful. :( I hate that so much, but I find when you fall off the edge or get hit, you recover a lot more quickly than in previous Mario Kart games. Like you could easily go from 1st to 7th in previous games if you just got hit by a red shell or something ridiculous like that. So it's kinda good that this Mario Kart is still a little less based on luck and more on skill, but then again, it just does depend on how your luck fares in that race. ^^

Also, I love all of the old retro tracks! Normally I didn't really like many retro tracks in previous games but I just love how amazing they all look in HD and all done up and oh my gosh. ;-; I just wish Nintendo didn't put Daisy Cruiser in MK7... If it was in MK8 it would look amazing. :( Cheep Cheep Beach though... I love all of the beach levels. ^^ Like Dolphin Shoals!

Wait do coins really make you go faster...? I thought they only were used to unlock vehicle parts.

Guys, I think we can all agree that the...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノBADWAGONヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

is the best kart
Pink_Gold_Peach.png

Online is really fun and smooth! And yes ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノBADWAGONヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ftw

I almost have all the characters.

I'm working on playing as all characters to get stamps. I have all of 50cc and half of 100cc done with three stars.

yeah baby got the game today and a new AC adaptor that doesn't require a converter♥
LET THE GAME BEGIN!!!

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the coin unlockables? or is it like in mk7 where you unlock parts and stuff at random?

lol I got past 1100 coins last night :p

Last edited:
Back