Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I was about to ask if anyone was able to race with me but since nobody ever replies or can play before i have to sleep, i came up with a different thing to talk about...

CUSTOM TRACKS FOR MARIO KART 8

I am not talking about an actual feature or something but i am talking about hacks! I have been following this youtuber called Mrbean35000VR ever since the first Mario Kart Wii custom tracks came around. I was immediatly fascinated by it! I wanted to know everything! How were tracks made? How does a Wii console load the tracks? Can i make a track myself? Were things that i was asking myself. After a lot of research and fails i managed to load my very own custom track (it is the most basic thing ever, i only wanted to test if i was capable of making something that works so there isn't any KMP crap for it. I sucked so hard that i even used sketchup to create the model.)!

Enough about Mario Kart Wii and my obsession with it (even though it is still the worst Mario Kart in the series in my opinion). Mrbean has been uploading a lot about Mario Kart 8 hacks on his channel already, from modifying replays to texture hacks. There is even a video around of a very early custom track in Mario Kart 8 (with very early i mean extremely early because it looks awful and almost nothing works in it)! So that got me thinking about the possibilities... How are modders able to create Anti-Gravity sections in their tracks? How are the glider panels programmed in the game? Things like that! It also got me thinking about what other people think of it, would you want custom tracks to make a return in Mario Kart 8? Would you try to make your own once proper tools exist?

(Sorry for the lengthy post full of nonsense >u<)

^I'm not sure how far along custom MK8 tracks are. (Though I did see MrBeans brilliant winter Thwomp Ruins texture hack that looked better than the original!) But I believe MK7 has tools now for making your own custom tracks, I've seen quite a lot on that.

Last edited:
It really annoys me 90% of the people with a really high score use the Blue Falcon and I catch fire hopping. I have no respect for those players.

It really annoys me 90% of the people with a really high score use the Blue Falcon and I catch fire hopping. I have no respect for those players.
That's because the Blue Falcon is the fastest Kart there is. And they seem to have mastered Fire Hopping. If you can't fire hop and want to set a record, then don't do it. Trying very hard on TTs and trying to fire hop your best to get a record will get you nowhere. Believe me, I tried it and I only lapped on the average time, not the average fire hop time. I just can't get it to work.

But you know what else annoys me? Nintendo still hasn't announced a new DLC pack since they would in May 2015.

That's because the Blue Falcon is the fastest Kart there is. And they seem to have mastered Fire Hopping. If you can't fire hop and want to set a record, then don't do it. Trying very hard on TTs and trying to fire hop your best to get a record will get you nowhere. Believe me, I tried it and I only lapped on the average time, not the average fire hop time. I just can't get it to work.

But you know what else annoys me? Nintendo still hasn't announced a new DLC pack since they would in May 2015.

I don't know about the fastest. I'm just tired of seeing how overused it is online. I actually have seen some people with ridiculous point values who use other combinations aside from the Blue Falcon. I'm at 8.9k myself using the Comet and Slim tires combo with Rosalina. I really disrespect fire hopping because I view it as an exploit. Did Nintendo intend for their players to hop across the entire race track? This is the top time for Mario Kart Stadium and all they're doing is hopping across the whole thing:

It's just ridiculous. I also want a new DLC pack. I doubt they'll release another, but it would be nice.

I drunkenly bought the DLC and over drafted my debit card :D.... fun story! I love MK8 count me in any races or race night!

There's a group playing MK8 (with both DLC) right now if anyone is interested in joining in a bit (I'll join in 15 minutes or so).

I'm actually gonna pop in MK right now if anyone wants in.
Maybe I'll finally hit 10k tonight hahaha

ArMcsY1.jpg

I am going to play for a few hours once i get home! (Which is in like 7-8 hours) Anybody wanna join?

I just want to ask in advance since people often see my post too late.

Playing some online matches if anyone wants to join progress.

Edit: Holy ****. Playing with people my rank is the most broken **** ever. It's a cluster **** of experienced item users and I see so many of them firehopping.

Last edited:
Back