• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Magician's Quest Mysterious Times

RemMomori

Nocturnal Scatterbrain
Bells
Switch
4787-7471-9496
Fortune Cookie
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Tasty Cake
Squashua
Famous Mushroom
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Planet Glow Wand
Space Whale Plush
Blue Rocket Pop
Shooting Star Plush
I don't know if a thread like this exists already but here it is! This thread can be used for general discussion about the game but I'll just get things started.

I just started playing this game, it's like Animal Crossing but you're a wizard! This game came out on the Ds and I noticed something, the npcs in the game (like the villagers in AC) can do activities like reading, fishing, casting magic, ect. I remember when NH came out one of the features were that the villagers now do hobbies like reading and stuff, in NH the villager's hobby is tied to their personality while in Magician's Quest I have not seen any of the personality types favor any activity. But it does make me wonder, if this other game could make npcs do hobbies where you can see them doing it while you play, then was it possible for Animal Crossing to do it sooner as well?

• Love
Reactions: Bui
I loved this game! I never did get that far into it though, I'm going to have to dig my copy back out and get started on it once more.

I picked the game up on recommendation from a user on another site to tide me over during the wait for New Leaf, and I was not disappointed. The game had a surprising amount of depth to it and a lot of interesting characters as well. It felt a lot more alive than Animal Crossing did at the time. I'm glad I picked it up when I did though, when I bought it the game was only $6 at GameStop, and it had since exploded in price.

There were apparently more games in the series, but they only released in Japan. I actually have the one that released on 3DS, but my Japanese knowledge is too poor for me to be able to understand most of the text in the game. I guess it can be motivation for me to get back into studying Japanese though!

I had found this game on YouTube and I don't remember from who. I became very interested when I saw how it was very similar to Animal Crossing but at the same time different from it.
Unfortunately when I finally found the game in person (I can't do online shopping), it was way overpriced just like everything else is now and I didn't get it because of that.

I had found this game on YouTube and I don't remember from who. I became very interested when I saw how it was very similar to Animal Crossing but at the same time different from it.
Unfortunately when I finally found the game in person (I can't do online shopping), it was way overpriced just like everything else is now and I didn't get it because of that.
Apparently this game didn't sell very well outside of japan so now copies of the game are rare and expensive.

Oh man I absolutely love this game. I got it on sale a year or so after it came out and I still occasionally boot up the old DSI to play it. It's a big childhood nostalgia game for me. As a kid I spent so many hours fishing and catching bugs to buy the musical instruments. It's so adorable when you play a song and other npcs come over and start playing along with their own instruments. I want a feature like that in animal crossing so bad.

I would love to play it someday, there’s so many cute characters in it! I think it deserves more recognition, so thank you for this thread!

Back