• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Japanese Sequel (Videos Inside)

JimmyJacobAC

Turned over a New Leaf
Bells

So, what do you guys think? Will this game ever be released outside of Japan? I sure hope it does, I still play the DS version of the game more than I play New Leaf and this sequel looks very interesting. There's some features in there I'd like to see in a future Animal Crossing!

I really hope that we see this in North America. I loved the first game to bits.

They're going to have a hard time selling this in the USA due to New Leaf's success and the pretty low sales of the first game, no matter how amazing that game was. It borrowed elements but it certainly was NOT an Animal Crossing rip-off. The 2 games are actually quite different.

They're going to have a hard time selling this in the USA due to New Leaf's success and the pretty low sales of the first game, no matter how amazing that game was. It borrowed elements but it certainly was NOT an Animal Crossing rip-off. The 2 games are actually quite different.

Why do you think they think it's a rip-off? That's a little bit defensive. lol

Sure, go ahead, crumble my dreams like a cupcake in the fist of the playground bully.

Just kidding.

Yeah, I know it will be a tough sell given the low numbers of the first game. I can still hope, though. It really ticks me off that some reviewers were so quick to call it a rip-off of the AC franchise. Just shows their ignorance, and that they were not wiling to actually give it a shot before they made their shallow assumptions and banged out a review. Just goes to show you that some games may get poor reviews, but the reviewers themselves may be the ones doing a poor job.

Who's reviewing the reviewers?

Last edited:
Ooh, I liked the DS version! I hope it does get released outside Japan.

Agreed :D

The original was definitely really nice so it'd be nice to see it come over. Even though it had many similarities to New Leaf (and this one also makes me think of Fantasy Life--another game I hope that comes over), it was still a good game and had features that made it unique

As much as I love it and want it to get released overseas i have very low hope for it.

Back