• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Made someone mad unintentionally...

Pikachitu

⊱♥♡ Mayor of Sugar ♡&#9829
Bells
Cake
Sign.... So someone wanted to buy something I have so I posted on their forum but then I waited 10 min and their status went offline and I had something else to do and didn't want to make them wait if they incase come back so I canceled my order. He/she got mad and thought my emojis :)P) were meant to be snarky. T_T well the thread is now closed and I got ignored... this is a pure example of my intentions being conveyed poorly on the internet. I really didn't mean to be snarky or in any rude way. Incase she/he can read this post (which I doubt it but still T_T) I hope you feel better but I, in no way, wanted to make you mad. This post is just to vant my frustration because I can no longer communicate with that person and let them know I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I hope everyone else expect the best in people... T_T

Just so you're aware, the indicator sometimes shows "offline" if the person's been idle for awhile. Seen it happen on my own indicator. And while you certainly didn't mean to come off as rude, you should allow people some time to react to your posts, especially since the person in question was probably trading with the other person and re-organizing everything so they could efficiently accept your trade.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell people who go shopping and expect to be out within 5 minutes: If you're in a rush, don't do time consuming things. I get customers who come in on their lunch break and flip out when the cashier has to wait on a price, or there's an issue with another customer. All of a sudden, it becomes everyone's problem that person only has 20 minutes left on their break, and then that cashier has to sit there and deal with said customer rushing them, screaming at them, and giving them awful attitude. And God help that poor cashier if an item doesn't scan.

Now I know you didn't do that, but do you get where I'm coming from? You shouldn't offer time you do not have. So for future reference, practice a little patience and give people some time to respond. We eat. We sleep. We have to hit the bathroom or deal with a random visit or family member from time to time. And many people on this forum are doing other trades before you even thought to post.

So...yeah, I mean I know you didn't mean to be rude or anything, but I can understand why the other person got kinda angry =/ Just move on and try to be a bit more mindful of others in the future maybe?

Bad luck. I have had a similar case and it's awful knowing someone thinks you scammed them. Hope everything gets
better! :)

Yah I didn't know about the online indicator goes "offline" after awhile (thought that you have to close your browser or log off). I wasn't in a rush but because something came up (because life) that caused me to have to cancel the offer. I guess things kind of changed around here since people weren't used to get angry so easily... but the main concern that made me feel bad was she/he miss understood my message as being snarky and mocking towards her/him >.< There is nothing I can do to clear this cause getting ignored and all sucked :/ Oh well I'm moving on.

Back