• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Lottie is better than Tom Nook. What about you?

Which NPC is more Supportive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
When you really think about it Lottie really supports your hard work and actually gives you payment whenever you're doing a good job. She also does tell you to take a break because she actually worries about you mentally so thats really good. Tom Nook on the other hand only seems to care about you paying off your loans. He really doesn't care about all your hard work, as long as you pay him thats all he cares about. Not to mention by the time you unlock the ability to customize villager homes on your island he does charge a fee for doing so. You've become so used to Happy Home Paradise with Lottie giving you payment for your hard work that when you go back home to Tom Nook to try to customize villager homes it feels different. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I'm a bit of a Tom Nook defender (don't have the link rn cause I'm on mobile but look up "in defense of Tom Nook" and that's how I feel).

However, I agree that not just Lottie, but Niko and Wardell too are just so much more developed than any of the other NPCs in ACNH. Last time development was that heavy was probably around Wild World/City Folk. Lottie is an amazing boss from paying you fairly (mostly... It sucks when some items are like 100k poki what the-) to covering both the pizza party and dinner at the restaurant. Wardell is really soft spoken at first, but you just feel so much character when he writes you his letters and he teaches you background noises. Niko and his DIY quests are also wholesome and precious.

They feel like genuine friends and not just coworkers. It's a very welcome and pleasant surprise especially since Lottie as a character wasn't anything to write home about in Happy Home Designer.

I'm a bit of a Tom Nook defender (don't have the link rn cause I'm on mobile but look up "in defense of Tom Nook" and that's how I feel).

However, I agree that not just Lottie, but Niko and Wardell too are just so much more developed than any of the other NPCs in ACNH. Last time development was that heavy was probably around Wild World/City Folk. Lottie is an amazing boss from paying you fairly (mostly... It sucks when some items are like 100k poki what the-) to covering both the pizza party and dinner at the restaurant. Wardell is really soft spoken at first, but you just feel so much character when he writes you his letters and he teaches you background noises. Niko and his DIY quests are also wholesome and precious.

They feel like genuine friends and not just coworkers. It's a very welcome and pleasant surprise especially since Lottie as a character wasn't anything to write home about in Happy Home Designer.
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm still not a fan of Lottie's design but personality wise she's great. The three of them actually feel like coworkers and I got that same vibe you did.

I actually kind of like tom nook in nh more than i did in nl. but i love lottie. she's so cute and so cheerful.

tom nook. im homeless when starting any of the games, and he happily provides me a home and in some games a job. lottie is nice, but she hasnt supported me over the years like tom nook

More supportive? Nook.
More likeable at first glance? Lottie.

I like them both for different reasons. :)

Gameplay wise, I find it super annoying when Lottie forces me on breaks. I know my limits. I set my own play schedule. She doesn't have to do it for me.

I love having Lottie and the crew sit down and chat at The Roost. I also scanned in Lyle and he sits down with Lottie for coffee as well. It’s nice to see her interact with different characters and see her refer to past games a bits

Tom Nook doesn’t require you to pay in full a house. Only if you want upgrades must you pay. And, for a fully upgraded and paid house, he gives you exterior changes free of charge.

I like both of them - Tom Nook is a good guy - but I adore Lottie, always have. I was so excited to see her in a starring role in HHP, no lie.

I prefer Lottie. I really hate Tom Nook though so my opinion is biased.
I was a bit salty that Tom Nook didn't acknowledge my hard work on the island over a year ago. He didn't even give me like a Celebration party with all my villagers telling me how "Grateful" I am for making the island. Instead all he did was just send me a cake? Like really? He's going to neglect my success after everything I've done? Since then I didn't like Tom Nook, at least Lottie gave me a lot of encouraging words to keep up the good work and I was rewarded for it. I just miss feeling about being accomplished.

I like Tom Nook, but Lottie is one of my favorite characters in all of Animal Crossing. She’s the boss you dream of working with.

Agreed! I was totally meh on Lottie’s return at first, but I’m growing to love her. She’s thoughtful, affirming, and generous. Honestly, as a stressed-out millennial dealing with unfair labor practices and dismissive management in real life, it’s weirdly heartwarming to have a giant manatee and a pink otter tell me what a great job I’m doing at work and that I deserve increased compensation.

Lottie is an underrated Animal Crossing character. I like her design-wise since Happy Home Designer. But grew to loving her as a character in Happy Home Paradise. She needs more love honestly. ☺

This is actually very hard to choose decision! Tom Nook, yes appear to be the villain who suck bell out of us but hey! in fact he is teaching us valuable life lesson for FREE actually. Nothing come for free in the world, just as in AC world as well but where do we get all the bells? From selling it to Nook's kids and paying him back. Everything is just in a cycle. He make us work and earn what we want so we appreciate it more. He in comparison with Lottie, not so much with all the friendly vibes and he just business to business but that really doesn't define him as the bad land lord. Lottie in another side, is much more friendly, caring kind of vibes and keep showering us with more compliment so you happily build more vacation home (in that case if you quit on a client after you engage she will give some earful word). Both of them is good in my opinion but of cause I prefer Lottie more with all her kind and sweet gesture (even he is kind but nobody like a serious boss tho).

In case no one know Isabelle could be the main boss behind both of this 2 big character :ROFLMAO: a plot twist. Just for fun.

I love Tom Nook, and before HHP came out, I would have voted for him 100%. But after HHP and all the charm and awesomeness that is gave us with Lottie, I think I prefer Lottie. I feel like we develop a MUCH better relationship with her than with Tom Nook. You don't really get to know Tom Nook at all, or even really get to hang out with him like you do with Lottie. Sooo I voted Lottie :)

I was a bit salty that Tom Nook didn't acknowledge my hard work on the island over a year ago. He didn't even give me like a Celebration party with all my villagers telling me how "Grateful" I am for making the island. Instead all he did was just send me a cake? Like really? He's going to neglect my success after everything I've done? Since then I didn't like Tom Nook, at least Lottie gave me a lot of encouraging words to keep up the good work and I was rewarded for it. I just miss feeling about being accomplished.

Well at least he personally send you a cake and not thanking the whole community since you re the only one who WORK HARD for everything! :ROFLMAO: Just a thought. Tom Nook ain't the mushy mushy type anyway

Unpopular opinion probably but I do like Tom Nook more here. Like yeah he never thanks you for the hard work you do and but he also never complains of what you doing with the island. You could turn it into a mess and he would deal with it since it's technically your island, he's just the landlord/building contractor who helps you. And honestly I don't need a thank from him or any other NPC. Besides he gives you endless time to pay off the loans, something no landlord would do IRL. Sure, you still have to pay him to move houses and such, then again in IRL you would also need to pay for this kind of service. I don't see him as the greedy villain like character, he's actually a fine guy who is just doing his job.

As for Lottie, I do like her and I'm glad to have her back. Thing is she doesn't have such a major role as Tom Nook has. Nook is there everytime on your main island to help you whenever you want to change something about your house and anything on the island. Lottie also does a great job but she's only there in HHP.

I like Lottie. She feels more like your peer as opposed to your elder/boss, and that makes her more relatable for me. She's like the gal at your job that's been on for a few years before you but doesn't have that unattainable seniority like the folks that've been there for like 20. She shows you the ropes and runs a tight ship without making it feel like you're being taken care of. She's also super cute.

Back