Loneliness

This may be situational. Just because you open yourself up to new concepts and ideas, doesn't exactly mean that they're going to fall in line with yours and make everything seem less segmented. To just "get over it", would be to just lessen the intensity of what you're feeling and brush it off, by how you want me to go about it, instead of confronting it and actually accepting it. I don't feel alone simply because I don't think I can find someone. It's very hard for me to get out and find someone to be around to be around at this present time. I mean sure lets players sound nice and all, but it's a lot less personable to me. I'm always looking for someone to connect with, so I don't feel so alienated from everyone but myself.

Finding someone in the real world is ideal, but it's pretty hard and probably won't come straight away. Just from what I'm seeing, you're holding onto yourself too much, and although how impossible it may seem, even something as simple as changing attitude (for example) may allow a natural progression, one which may make you feel better.

Finding someone in the real world is ideal, but it's pretty hard and probably won't come straight away. Just from what I'm seeing, you're holding onto yourself too much, and although how impossible it may seem, even something as simple as changing attitude (for example) may allow a natural progression, one which may make you feel better.

Meh, to be honest, I want nothing to do with myself, because I've hated myself for as long as I can remember. I'm just at a point where retrospection is important because I've been ignoring my feelings. I've been simply investing into other peoples issues for far too long, so it's kind of insulting when someone says "hey, you should stop doing that and focus on something other than you"? I mean if I let go of my feelings again then I'm just going fall back into that same old slump in where I just get worse and worse. I guess the loneliness is a byproduct of my more recent introspection's brought on by my therapy. I'm more less looking for things to help alleviate my feelings, however temporarily, instead of finding a permanent solution at this moment.

Last edited:
Judging from your last comment, to your signature "who cares," and your user title, "im stupid," I think you are a bit depressed.

I'm glad you feel like you no longer hate yourself, but to me it still sounds like you don't value yourself. I've been depressed more often than I care to admit, and I can tell you right now not valuing yourself and how much you're worth is toxic for your well-being.
Some introspection is a great thing; it can make you start prioritizing what's truly important - putting yourself first. It's not bad to acknowledge your feelings, you just have to try to get a hold on them. I'm not sure what to suggest in alleviating your negative emotions, because I don't know what exactly is going on in your head. Your therapist will help you learn what all you can do once you've brought these feelings to the forefront of your mind.
If you'd like you can PM me with more details, I'd be more than happy offering advice.

I'm the exact same as you, minus the friends part. I'm starting to join some sports clubs, hopefully that'll work if you try out some. :)

Judging from your last comment, to your signature "who cares," and your user title, "im stupid," I think you are a bit depressed.

I'm glad you feel like you no longer hate yourself, but to me it still sounds like you don't value yourself. I've been depressed more often than I care to admit, and I can tell you right now not valuing yourself and how much you're worth is toxic for your well-being.
Some introspection is a great thing; it can make you start prioritizing what's truly important - putting yourself first. It's not bad to acknowledge your feelings, you just have to try to get a hold on them. I'm not sure what to suggest in alleviating your negative emotions, because I don't know what exactly is going on in your head. Your therapist will help you learn what all you can do once you've brought these feelings to the forefront of your mind.
If you'd like you can PM me with more details, I'd be more than happy offering advice.

oh no, don't get me wrong; I still dislike myself. I've just realised that if I don't start trying to fix, or at least learn to accept what I don't like, then then I'm not going to get better. I've been struggling with depression since I was a teenager, but I always kept it to myself and strived to be normal. It all came tumbling down maybe 4 years ago when I had a big break down. Over the years I've learned to talk about it, but only recently have I sought help. I just feel like I'm not going to survive if something doesn't change, so I'm trying.

oh no, don't get me wrong; I still dislike myself. I've just realised that if I don't start trying to fix, or at least learn to accept what I don't like, then then I'm not going to get better. I've been struggling with depression since I was a teenager, but I always kept it to myself and strived to be normal. It all came tumbling down maybe 4 years ago when I had a big break down. Over the years I've learned to talk about it, but only recently have I sought help. I just feel like I'm not going to survive if something doesn't change, so I'm trying.
That's great that you're actively seeking help! That's a really good start. It'll be a hard process to rewire years of toxic thoughts, but the fact that you're acknowledging they're there and aren't good for you is commendable.
I don't know if you keep a journal or anything, but I find it to be incredibly cathartic physically getting the negativity out of your body. You don't even have to show it to anyone, just don't keep it inside your head to dwell on.

Know the feeling. I've been going through loneliness lately too for lots of reasons, one being because I can't bring myself to tell other people what's really wrong in life. When there's nobody to listen or care, then I feel like I'm trapped in my own mind. One time I ended up telling someone I thought I could trust, only for them to treat it like some kind of joke.

Short-term cures that work for me are usually listening to music just to block the world out. It might sound dumb but crying also helps (even if you don't have a reason to, other than the feeling of loneliness), and I actually find it a soothing release for when I need it most.

I'm not entirely sure about the whole 'get over it' thing. To me, that's like saying you should just stop feeling or ignore a certain emotion. Some people find it easier than others to do that sort of thing.

I hope positivity comes your way soon! It won't last forever.

Also if you do write / want to start writing, try putting down at least 1 positive thought about yourself a day. It can be something little like saying you like your fingernails, or being proud of yourself for accomplishing a mini goal.

That's great that you're actively seeking help! That's a really good start. It'll be a hard process to rewire years of toxic thoughts, but the fact that you're acknowledging they're there and aren't good for you is commendable.
I don't know if you keep a journal or anything, but I find it to be incredibly cathartic physically getting the negativity out of your body. You don't even have to show it to anyone, just don't keep it inside your head to dwell on.

Yeah! My therapist wants me to keep a journal, but I have trouble getting around to it sometimes. I have a lot of things to get around and the gateway psychiatrist I saw gave me a do to list and a lot of slips: sleep clinic, blood test, therapist and a dietitian (of which I've been to before for my weight issues). The prozac I was put on isn't doing much for me so I'll have to bring that up next time, but other than that things are moving along. My dad put me on a solid meal schedule he's been keeping me too. Makes me eat at the table, and he's always handing me snacks. It's a little uncomfortable sometimes, but I've gained a bit of weight. So positive.

Last edited:
Yeah! My therapist wants me to keep a journal, but I have trouble getting around to it sometimes. I have a lot of things to get around and the gateway psychiatrist I saw gave me a do to list and a lot of slips: sleep clinic, blood test, therapist and a dietitian (of which I've been to before for my weight issues). The prozac I was put on isn't doing much for me so I'll have to bring that up next time, but other than that things are moving along. My dad put me on a solid meal schedule he's been keeping me too. Makes me eat at the table, and he's always handing me snacks. It's a little uncomfortable sometimes, but I've gained a bit of weight. So positive.
Writing in this thread is therapeutic, no? It's that easy! You don't even have to have a physical journal (but scribbling and shredding paper can be rather fun), you can continue typing your thoughts out if that would make it easier.
Having a large to-do list can be daunting. Try to do at least one thing on your list every day, or every other day if needed. Or maybe one goal a week? It just depends on how much you feel you can do. Maybe you can get your dad to set up some appointments since he seems more than willing to help you. I'm glad you have family that are supportive.
Definitely speak up on how the Prozac is making you feel. Medication takes a couple of weeks to properly integrate into your system before you notice any changes, but once it does it's incredibly important to be aware of how it's effecting your body/mind.

I wish you all the best, take care :) !

Last edited:
So, I've been feeling exceptionally lonely lately, even when talking with friends, or being in groups. It's really been putting a damper on everything I do, and I'm having trouble getting past it. So I'm half making this thread to talk about it, and half to find out what you guys do when you're feeling lonely, or why you feel lonely in the first place. I dunno, maybe this is stupid, but I'm really tired of feeling like this. Maybe I'll get some ideas.

tumblr_m6b0q5uL7j1rwhujso6_250.gif
I don't want to steal your spotlight and make everything about me and I'd sound rude and ignorant if I said 'I know how it feels' but I feel the exact same way
I have good, long chats with boys I don't usually talk to but even then that's online and I don't even make eye contact irl
Plus a lot of people irl hate me (a lot of people hate me regardless and i dont blame them but the reason is pretty crappy tbh)

Like it shouldn't really bother me bc I like being alone but whenever I play a game alone or I'm asked to get into groups I'm sad and it's just destroyed my motivation

I don't want to steal your spotlight and make everything about me and I'd sound rude and ignorant if I said 'I know how it feels' but I feel the exact same way
I have good, long chats with boys I don't usually talk to but even then that's online and I don't even make eye contact irl
Plus a lot of people irl hate me (a lot of people hate me regardless and i dont blame them but the reason is pretty crappy tbh)

Like it shouldn't really bother me bc I like being alone but whenever I play a game alone or I'm asked to get into groups I'm sad and it's just destroyed my motivation

ah, I'm sorry. I never meant to make it about me, so there wasn't supposed to be any sort of spot light. I kind of made this for everyone to talk.

Last edited:
ah, I'm sorry. I never meant to make it about me, so there wasn't supposed to be any sort of sport light. I kind of made this for everyone to talk.

Oh I didn't know, I just meant that I didn't want to pop up and complain and take away everyone else's problems.

i used to be that, but i usually never tell people because they all tell me to get over it, plus a bunch of mean remarks, but i won't do that to you because I'm not like that. I hope you feel better, what helps is making some new friends on this site, but ones who are willing to actually talk and be polite and nice, like me! If you want, I can send you a friends request, and we can talk everyday! ^.^

I've felt that way a lot lately. It sucks, to say the very least.

And it's terrible because I do have friends, it's not like they don't like me, but I have this weird social anxiety problem even around these wonderful people (some of whom I've known for years!). It makes me feel distant and unwanted.

Ironically, you aren't alone in your loneliness. I wish I had a kind word of advice to give but all I can say is, I know how you feel.

I wouldn't say I feel "lonely" because I have a relatively good support system, like my boyfriend and my cats, but I HAVE felt REALLY isolated lately and REALLY depressed. If you ever want to get together and chat, send me a PM, even play ACNL together I would love to hang out. :) Try to find coping strategies that keep you well, even when you are alone. Being alone is the worst for me, so I have to find healthy means of overcoming that in times when I can't reach out to others or when my friends witdrawal from me. So please, send me a PM if you would like to chat :)

I would if I could, but really I don't have the time to really feel anything.

I used to be kinda down sometimes as well, but ever since high school started I've barely had time to stop and just take a breath.

I hope you feel better tho bb <3

Back