• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Little miss garbage collector ha ha

Gruntilda

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
So today one of my tasks to earn meow coins is to clean up the sea and rivers by catching some garbage. GEEZE! I just loaded up my pockets with fish 6 times and not one stinkin' piece of garbage ha ha. I can't believe I was chanting "garbage garbage... come on gimme some garbage" while fishing.

The irony of getting this with the beautiful town ordinance (if it's possible ^-^ )

Good luck finding some rubbish :D

I rarely get garbage. Not sure if this is due to having the beautiful ordinance or not though.

Good luck!! XD

Doink!! I didn't even take the beautiful town ordinance into consideration! I will go change that as this is a week long challenge and I am really wanting those meow thingies. Thanks for reminding me ha ha ha!

I wish it didn't come up if you have the Beautiful Town ordinance. Just make it "Plant a flower" instead or something geez

This...it took me awhile to remember that never once did my mayor fish up garbage since the Beautiful Town was enacted. :(

It's not worth doing for the meow coupons to be honest :) I'd rather scan amiibo or if I don't have any, I'd rather do the initiatives of my alt characters.

Last edited:
I never have inacted beautiful ordinance (I will at some point), from what I've read you do not get trash/garbage when its in force.
So that is one that can't be completed (its usually a daily ordinance?)
I've got Bell boom on and in another town, nothing inacted, and neither get that much garbage anyway.
If you see a medium size shadow in the little ponds, that will be trash, but, well for me, its rare to see.

There is more than one I can't complete (another is buy an axe and all I often have is the watering can for sale, TIY store, not emporium). I just do the ones I can & I play the alts to gather a few more coupons.

I also noticed that NONE of my villagers have gotten sick yet and I have been playing in my new town for about a month now. I wonder if that is a beautiful town ordinance thing or if they just don't get sick any more since the welcome amiibo add on. Since they still sell medicine in the store I am thinking this is just the ordinance thing.

Yeah, that's possible -_-

Yup, happened to me on I think my second set of weekly initiatives. For a character in BOTH of my towns. So rude :/

It's not worth doing for the meow coupons to be honest :) I'd rather scan amiibo or if I don't have any, I'd rather do the initiatives of my alt characters.

Agreed. Since I've found a mode of Puzzle League I can easily accrue coupons in (Time Attack = score minimum of 2,500 in 2 minutes), I've been much less stressed about collecting all the initiative coupons!

I never have inacted beautiful ordinance (I will at some point), from what I've read you do not get trash/garbage when its in force.
So that is one that can't be completed (its usually a daily ordinance?)
I've got Bell boom on and in another town, nothing inacted, and neither get that much garbage anyway.
If you see a medium size shadow in the little ponds, that will be trash, but, well for me, its rare to see.

There is more than one I can't complete (another is buy an axe and all I often have is the watering can for sale, TIY store, not emporium). I just do the ones I can & I play the alts to gather a few more coupons.

If you get this initiative you have a week to complete it. Changing ordinances takes a day, but that leaves the rest of the week. In one of my towns I immediately turned Beautiful Town back on as soon as I'd finished the quest. I fish up plenty of rubbish in my other town still, but I spend most of my time fishing the oceans. I can often get 2-3 pieces of rubbish in 2 full loads of fish to sell to Re-Tail.

I also noticed that NONE of my villagers have gotten sick yet and I have been playing in my new town for about a month now. I wonder if that is a beautiful town ordinance thing or if they just don't get sick any more since the welcome amiibo add on. Since they still sell medicine in the store I am thinking this is just the ordinance thing.

Medicine will always be on sale to my knowledge. I haven't had a sick villager in either of my towns in (in-game) months. One town has Beautiful Town, the other has Bell Boom. Even when both my towns were set to Bell Boom - which they have been for the vast majority of my playtime - I only very rarely got sick villagers and I've been playing since July 2013. Nothing like the frequency in ACWW.

:)

I find it hard to get garbage even when beautiful town ordinance is not enacted :/ Did you ever get it?
Now a days I just play Puzzle League for coupons because my Initiatives are too ridiculous to complete.

Hmmm that is interesting. I reset for bell boom last night so we will see what happens in the next few days.

I really need to improve my skills with the puzzle league and island escape games. I only play them when they come up in the daily incentive for meow coins list. I am really bad a both lol. I should probably play puzzle league with the sound off because I get so unglued when the music speeds up and lose my concentration.

Last edited:

You can also use medicine to get your normal face back if you've been stung by bees, so it'll always have a purpose, even if it's somewhat redundant (since you heal when you save & quit/can get medicine from uchis).

YAAYYY! I CAUGHT AN OLD TIRE! Now I can switch back to beautiful town.

And by the way... got another hard meow chore - wear a lucky item. That will be pretty impossible since Katrina doesn't have a shop yet and she is not in town. I will just try on all the closthes I am saving for Gracie and see if I get lucky.

Back