letters to someone -

bumping this bc it's cute as hell and ya'll should get into this ****.

dear s,

thank you for always being here for me.
thank you for always taking my hand and grounding me when i need it most.
thank you for always encouraging me to be better, you're my inspiration for recovery.

you're my favorite type of stardust.

Last edited:
This is definitely an idea I can get behind :eek:

Dear childhood friend,

I love going back and thinking about the days where we would go down the slide together and listen to our parents talk while we snuck around your house. I love that we’ve stayed close over the years and it’s crazy that we’ve been close for 11 years now... time flies! Also thanks for taking the pickle joke lightly, because I guarantee we’re never gonna let you live it down >:p

-Mae

Dear Candice,

You would have absolutely loved Seattle but since you dumped every friend who cared about you you didn't get to go lmaoooo. I hope you're having fun with Ted and Garrett as the only people left who will put up with your crap, coulda had it all but "congratulations, you played yourself". I will never not feel vindictive pleasure over getting to do fun things you would have loved but can't do, and that sucks because it's petty but lmao you're the queen of petty soooo. Anyways I guess I'm better off without you in my life because I bent over backwards to make you feel happy and comfortable and made excuses to people about why you were so ****ty to me, and that was exhausting, and I'm exhausted enough without dealing with that anymore. I wish I could stop thinking about it lmao since it has been years, but like wow you hecked me up. I guess I'm finally getting over it since I don't like, miss you and think about what it would be like to be your friend again anymore, but I can't wait until I don't think about you like. At all. Especially since I'm sure you never think about me.

Dear old bff,

I still think about you every now and then. I think how your future is gonna be like. You seem so innocent, social and happy...but I know, most girls who lose their dad go bad. Rotten bad. I don't want this to happen to you, but there's nothing I can do about it. I have no voice to talk to you. I want to talk to you again and ask how life has been, but we have drifted far apart. You're with your little friends now, I understand. Once I'm in high school, you'll be gone. I'll miss you and you'll miss me. But then you'll forget, and I won't. You'll go after you dad, fall for drugs. Fall for alcohol. Get cancer and die. I see it, your dad did it, your mom did it. That's why your family is poor, but....somehow you live on better than me. Even though you're at an after-school program while your mom is trying to work, you still seem so cheerful, so energetic....you're full of happiness. You never let the sadness of your dad's death make you fall down. You're a million times happier than me an you still keep going on, fighting....and I hope you keep fighting. I want you to live a happy life, get a job, raise a family....I don't want you to end up as a bad person....so stay happy, don't do bad things in front of me, keep me happy. Keep yourself happy. Live well, stay happy ❤️

-From your friend that still cares.

dear future self.

please drink more water and oj.
stop getting sick. you're driving me nuts. :(

Dear Person,

I think you're a bad person who is two-faced. I do not like you but yet you talk to me. Why? I cringe when you come up to me. You are cringe-worthy. What you did, I'll never forget. Honestly. I also heard bad things about you... which I don't necessarily believe but clearly see why other people believe those things. Please get better at life. That would be great. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Me

Last edited:
dear n,

i'm your first love since you broke someone's heart and cheated on them, and had over four years of no relationships or sexual encounters- and you were a real wild one as a teen! i wish i could send this letter, but of course i cannot. i know we're only two and a half months into our relationship, and i've found somebody else. i don't feel bad that i'm going behind your back, though, even though i really should. you're not going to be with me forever, and as you don't even trust me yet, i can see why. i do hope you'll find another guy or girl who you like (hopefully your normal type that you don't mind being seen out in public with) who can put up with all of your flaws and loves you as much as i do. you may smoke, drink heavily, overeat, be in tons of debt and live with your parents aged 22, but you were a great summer fling. it's a shame you didn't realise you were. if you were to read this, it'd be a sort of "i'm ending things now" letter, but i don't want to give you that truth yet. i don't know why, but i have the urge to crush you- serve you right for all the terrible things you've done to other girls and guys in the past, and hopefully you'll trust me eventually so i can do that in the most effective way. shame, though- as you're great in bed: a good person to lose my virginity to, so thank you for that deed you did in the most gallant and lovely way in july. i doubt i'll ever forget you- you are and were my first (proper) boyfriend, and you're really ****ing hot. idk, if i was older, and didn't have to get through university before being able to live with you someplace nice, we might've lasted beyond how long we do. still, i wish you all the best in the future- let this be a lesson in lying.

yours, o.

Back