• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Let's talk about puberty! (Boy or Girls)

Dang I wish I were you lol. I started before I turned 11, and I know people who started before then. :/

This post summarizes my life.

I have friends who don't get periods, and sometimes they ask what it's like. I'm just say: "You feel like you're dying and it's like LifeAlertPlz."

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is kinda awkward for me ;u;
But I'm 13...ehh my birthday is in November so I'm pretty much in my late 13's. I don't get pimples nearly as much as my sisters do, but when I do they're huge :(
And it's weird because I play volleyball and sweat more than them, but I don't get pimples as much ;w;
andtheystartedtwomonthsagoandihaventyetwow

You lucky duck >^< I don't get pimples/acne when I'm on my period, but my sister does. Enjoy your time without a period ;A;

I had crazy acne when I was 16-18. Was on Roaccutane for about a year and it really helped. If anyone else is going through the same thing, or thinking about, I can give you some advice on what makes it easier or what to expect :p

I'm starting to itch *ahem* down there...
It really is embarrassing to scratch it in public, and it really starts to hurt.

This is the best thread omg.

So I got my period when I was 10, (yeah, young, I know right?) And I got my breats around then too. I was an early bloomer I guess. Over the past years I've become less awkward and stuff. I think I got a lil' prettier, and my nose finally doesn't look like it's too big for my face. Still waiting for the baby fat to go away, and (oh my god I am waiting ever so patiently) to hit my growth spurt. I'm 15, (going to be 16 in October), and I still stand under 5 feet. I mean, I like being short, I don't have to duck under things, I can date tall AND short guys, ect, but I mean, it would be nice to grow a little. Plus, it's really hard to find jeans in the correct size. Um, I've never really had too much of a problem with acne, I'm fortunate to have nice skin.
If any of you other girls started out early like I did, please tell me. I'd just like some comfort knowing I'm not the only one who hit puberty a little early.

Last edited:
I have a question for any member who has periods:
I've been having my periods for about 6/7 years now but the one I'm going through now is a bit different to all the others, the flow is a lot lighter, my cramps aren't anywhere near as bad but I've been getting so hungry, as in I ate a really big meal for dinner yesterday but I was still hungry afterwards which isn't normal for me, period or not... I know it is my 'period' as I'm on my week break from th pill... So is it not uncommon for what happens during your period to change over time or is it the pill affecting it? (I've been on the pill for almost 2 years now)

EDIT: I was thinking it could be stress affecting my period- I was going through my last exams just before my break- but that normally makes my periods worse?

Last edited:

So I got my period when I was 10, (yeah, young, I know right?) And I got my boobs around then too. I was an early bloomer I guess. Over the past years I've become less awkward and stuff. I think I got a lil' prettier, and my nose finally doesn't look like it's too big for my face. Still waiting for the baby fat to go away, and (oh my god I am waiting ever so patiently) to hit my growth spurt. I'm 15, (going to be 16 in October), and I still stand under 5 feet. I mean, I like being short, I don't have to duck under things, I can date tall AND short guys, ect, but I mean, it would be nice to grow a little. Plus, it's really hard to find jeans in the correct size. Um, I've never really had too much of a problem with acne, I'm fortunate to have nice skin.
If any of you other girls started out early like I did, please tell me. I'd just like some comfort knowing I'm not the only one who hit puberty a little early.
Pfft, my friend had her period when she was 9, and she told me at that time as well. I didn't really know what she was talking about, so I shrugged it off. Then a few years later, I realised what she was talking about. My jaw dropped. Becausethat time she vomited in class, and I was really worried about her. Turned out it was just her first period.

So I got my period when I was 10, (yeah, young, I know right?) And I got my boobs around then too. I was an early bloomer I guess. Over the past years I've become less awkward and stuff. I think I got a lil' prettier, and my nose finally doesn't look like it's too big for my face. Still waiting for the baby fat to go away, and (oh my god I am waiting ever so patiently) to hit my growth spurt. I'm 15, (going to be 16 in October), and I still stand under 5 feet. I mean, I like being short, I don't have to duck under things, I can date tall AND short guys, ect, but I mean, it would be nice to grow a little. Plus, it's really hard to find jeans in the correct size. Um, I've never really had too much of a problem with acne, I'm fortunate to have nice skin.

Omg I feel your pain. I started literally the month before I turned eleven. I developed breasts when I was like. 8 or 9? I remember feeling really weird about it and needing my mom to help me put on a bra lol.

I hit puberty when I was 10 or 11, and got my period on Super Bowl Sunday in February. Good timing too.

My period story is the absolute worst >^<
I was nine, and we had just finished the period presentation. We went back to our class, and as I was drinking water I somehow spilled it on my pants. (I have no idea how I was that clumsy.) I wiped off the water. After school, I went to the after school program, since both of my parents work late. I still felt wetness, so I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I was lucky that we got goodie bags from the presentation.

When I got back, everyone was still making jokes about the presentation. I was just like o__o until I got home

I started mine when I was 10 too. The day I got off of school for Easter we were leaving to go to my grandma's house and that's when I found out. Luckily my mom had always been pretty open about that stuff and my aunt had given me a book to read so it wasn't a surprise or anything, but it was before we got any sort of talk about it in school. I also started wearing training bras when I was like 9 and I started getting acne when I was around 10 too, so it was really embarrassing. But by the time high school rolled around my skin cleared up for the most part, so now I only break out around periods a bit.

I feel you about the short thing too though. I'm almost 22 and I'm still under 5'. Hopefully you'll grow more because jean shopping is a nightmare.

I have a question for any member who has periods:
I've been having my periods for about 6/7 years now but the one I'm going through now is a bit different to all the others, the flow is a lot lighter, my cramps aren't anywhere near as bad but I've been getting so hungry, as in I ate a really big meal for dinner yesterday but I was still hungry afterwards which isn't normal for me, period or not... I know it is my 'period' as I'm on my week break from th pill... So is it not uncommon for what happens during your period to change over time or is it the pill affecting it? (I've been on the pill for almost 2 years now)

EDIT: I was thinking it could be stress affecting my period- I was going through my last exams just before my break- but that normally makes my periods worse?

It is most likely stress...

It can really mess with your period in lots of different ways... Including making them early, late, more heavy, more hungry, etc... Just really toys with you. ^^'
And periods can change over time... and sometimes certain events and other things can cause periods to change, such as intercourse ((first time or after while of having it)), pregnancy, medical issues, trauma, hormones injections ((like Birth Control since it can seriously effect how your body regulates it's natural hormones but usually not in a harmful way)) etc.

My periods have changed over the years but they have mostly gotten more painful.
And also have been causing me to throw up... They use to not do that. =/ But that has only started within the last couple years ((currently 23)) thankfully. ^^'

But here is my personal example of how after while birth control can start to effect your periods. Even if you had taken them for a long time it may take awhile for the hormones to really start affecting your period or changing it.
When I was on the pill, it slowly made my periods shorter and not as heavy... I also gained weight but it was mostly water weight and not from fat. As soon as I was off, my periods slowly went back to what they use to be.
When I was on the shot, well, they were extremely light... More like spotting than ever having a period. And I never had cramps.
Now that I am off the shot, my periods are still more like spotting, but slowly getting heavier. And the nausea throwing up with the period has started to come back this month... No cramps yet. Thankfully. XP

A little bit of humor for you guys during the most annoying and awkward phase of your life:

This is kinda awkward for me ;u;
But I'm 13...ehh my birthday is in November so I'm pretty much in my late 13's. I don't get pimples nearly as much as my sisters do, but when I do they're huge :(
And it's weird because I play volleyball and sweat more than them, but I don't get pimples as much ;w;
andtheystartedtwomonthsagoandihaventyetwow

When you sweat you clean out your pores, so there aren't oils trapped in them. I mean, of course sweat should be washed off, but it helps to sweat.

i got my period so did i stop growing?? D: i don't want to be short forever waaah

No you didn't, don't worry. You still have like 4-5years of growing left:) I got myn nearly a year ago (last day of school, so fun) and have grown quite a lot since then.

(I think you are twelve right?)

My period story is the absolute worst >^<
I was nine, and we had just finished the period presentation. We went back to our class, and as I was drinking water I somehow spilled it on my pants. (I have no idea how I was that clumsy.) I wiped off the water. After school, I went to the after school program, since both of my parents work late. I still felt wetness, so I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I was lucky that we got goodie bags from the presentation.

When I got back, everyone was still making jokes about the presentation. I was just like o__o until I got home

Oh my gosh, that's not bad at all, in fact it's incredibly lucky it happened on the day you got that "goodie bag" - Just imagine if it happened on a random day! :( It sucks they were making jokes about it, though. You can't help it. It's just a part of life. Thankfully my first period story wasn't too terrifying or bad. I do remember at the beginning of a 10 hour art exam discovering that my period decided to say hello. I mean we had breaks in between, of course, but... It was not fun AT ALL. :(

Back