Let's talk about puberty! (Boy or Girls)

I guess it's a trade-off.

Pain, or potential humiliation. I'll take the pain. Humiliation is its own brand of pain that I don't want to face. Of course, girls have the potential humiliation too, but I feel like people would be more understanding.

I've noticed that whenever a girl is on her period, every other girl bands together to help each other.
Like on Monday, my friend needed a small purse to go to the bathroom with since she only had a large one (and it would be pretty suspicious) and this girl she's hardly spoken too let her borrow hers.
I'm prone to bad cramps so I always carry a small container of Tylenol with me, so I usually give one away when a friend is complaining. Honestly the nurses office medicine never helps.

Last edited:
I got my period on the night of Super Bowl Sunday a few months ago. My first day (Monday morning) was actually fairly heavy, but it lightened and now I haven't seen a very heavy one since. When you first get yours, ladies, keep in mind it might gross you out. Mine sure did.

All in all, having your period is honestly not that bad. You do get bad cramps in your earlier years (I'm experiencing a bad cramp in my leg as of now, it's hurts like frick to move it around) but it will probably get better as you mature.

Can we like, not?

*huff*

Fiiine. It sucks. The end! :)

I wish society wouldn't make it so awful and embarrassing.
Also, to any guys complaining, shut it. (sorry)
You have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Last edited:
I guess it's a trade-off.

Pain, or potential humiliation. I'll take the pain. Humiliation is its own brand of pain that I don't want to face. Of course, girls have the potential humiliation too, but I feel like people would be more understanding.

Exactly. It's either physical pain or stress. I'm a guy, and random erections don't seem nearly as bad as a period would be. I feel like each gender generally (not in every case, obviously) would prefer its own form of puberty, eventually getting used to it.

Cramps getting less painful time is for sure good news for me, I've gotten two so far so bad I could hardly move without wanting to cry.
The only PMS symptoms I seem to ever get are cramps, nausea, and bloating. Sucks really :L

Last edited:
Can we like, not?

*huff*

Fiiine. It sucks. The end! :)

I wish society wouldn't make it so awful and embarrassing.
Also, to any guys complaining, shut it. (sorry)
You have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Mary, we have stuff too. We don't understand you guys, and you guys don't understand us. c:

Cramps getting less painful time is for sure good news for me, I've gotten two so far so bad I could hardly move without wanting to cry.
The only PMS symptoms I seem to ever get are cramps, nausea, and bloating. Sucks really :L

I haven't heard this before... if anything mine have gotten worse over the years. You might want to look into birth control to lessen the symptoms

- - - Post Merge - - -

On that note, has anyone mentioned how amazing birth control is? I feel like it's not common knowledge that the pill is amazing for many things, and not just for sexually active people. It can reduce hormonal acne, cramps, menstrual blood flow, and best of all - it puts your period on a strict schedule (fewer accidents, yay). I would HIGHLY recommend seeing a doctor about getting on the pill for anyone who has a hard time with their period for any reason.

my cramps are so bad i wanna throw up. they are so painful that i start shaking and crying. periods should not exist tbh lmfao

My friend had one at 10, so she tells us everything,
At school, it's horrid when people put used sanitary towels beside the bin, not in. You can see the blood, and you don't wanna go to the loo... Eeeew

All in all, having your period is honestly not that bad. You do get bad cramps in your earlier years (I'm experiencing a bad cramp in my leg as of now, it's hurts like frick to move it around) but it will probably get better as you mature.

Man.. if this is true I have been going through puberty for 14 years. Mine are worse now than they were when I was a teenager (27 now) If it weren't for extended relief Midol, I wouldn't be alive.

Last edited:
Man.. if this is true I have been going through puberty for 14 years. Mine are worse now than they were when I was a teenager (27 now) If it weren't for extended relief Midol, I wouldn't be alive.

That's odd.
Mine have ceased in terms of pain in the last couple of years. (22 now.)
Maybe you're still maturing? LOL I don't know how...

That's odd.

mine are worse now as well. im 20 so idek

- - - Post Merge - - -

ur lucky btw

That's odd.

LOL! My cramps were pretty mild as a teenager but as I got older they intensified. Now they are MEH but still pretty uncomfortable. All is well medically so I just blame my body for hating me.

LOL! My cramps were pretty mild as a teenager but as I got older they intensified. Now they are MEH but still pretty uncomfortable. All is well medically so I just blame my body for hating me.

I typically yell at mother nature if I get a really bad PMS that includes back pains. :c

- - - Post Merge - - -

mine are worse now as well. im 20 so idek

- - - Post Merge - - -

ur lucky btw

Haha I never considered myself lucky. xD
BUT I guess I am if my pains are easing...
Or maybe my body is just done already...
Pffft I wish.

I typically yell at mother nature if I get a really bad PMS that includes back pains. :c

The back pains. No. Just no! It gets so bad sometimes I have cramps in the front, pain in my back and top thigh pain. Sometimes even hip pain. I get hit like this maybe ONCE a year at most. It makes me want to rip my insides out LOL

Last edited:
The back pains. No. Just no! It gets so bad sometimes I have cramps in the front, pain in my back and top thigh pain. Sometimes even hip pain. I get hit like this maybe ONCE a year at most. It makes me want to rip my insides out LOL

It already feels like they're being ripped out anyway. xD
Anyone ever get the pains that run down your spine and legs?
Maaaaaaan those are horrible.

I started my period when I was 10 and didn't tell my mom for like a year and a half. She eventually figured it out but she pretty much had to force it out of me. Idk why I didn't tell her but I had already read books about it so it wasn't a big deal to me. But I hit puberty a bit early and the worst part for me was getting acne before most of the other kids in my class.

I agree with the other people here saying that their cramps have gotten worse with age though. I never used to get them that bad until high school, and they've just been getting worse since. But honestly for me PMS is worse than my period. I'm actually glad when my period comes around because that means PMS is pretty much done with and all I have to deal with is cramps and maybe a lingering migraine.

I started my period when I was 10 and didn't tell my mom for like a year and a half. She eventually figured it out but she pretty much had to force it out of me. Idk why I didn't tell her but I had already read books about it so it wasn't a big deal to me. But I hit puberty a bit early and the worst part for me was getting acne before most of the other kids in my class.

I agree with the other people here saying that their cramps have gotten worse with age though. I never used to get them that bad until high school, and they've just been getting worse since. But honestly for me PMS is worse than my period. I'm actually glad when my period comes around because that means PMS is pretty much done with and all I have to deal with is cramps and maybe a lingering migraine.

I know that feel.
I've had acne for nearly 13 years and I use to hide myself behind my hair
when I was a teenager. It just ate away at my confidence.

Back