Lego Animal Crossing Announced

I would love some blind bags to be released aswell as sets!
ooh, totally agree!! i’ve never been much of a lego person, so i don’t see me picking up any of the sets (as adorable as i imagine they’ll be), but i would definitely be interested in blind bags!! i love blind bags so much haha 💙

They look pretty neat. But Lego sets are too expensive for me. If they do decide to release blind bag villagers though? I'm in.

I won't get my hopes up though, because the Animal Crossing Build-a-Bear selection ended up being major disappointment...

I am thrilled. Overjoyed. Depressed on behalf of my bank account. So excited I cant sleep.

My merch thread is going to be lit when all of these drop and I buy every single set immediately and build it in the shortest amount of time I can

So now the sets have been revealed, how do people feel about them?

I've been seeing a lot of disappointment for them on other AC places. I have to admit that I see why - they feel very small and seem to have limited space for playing with. There's also not much in the way of Animal Crossing outside of the mini figures themselves.

I might get Julian's set, if only because he's one of my villagers and thankfully part of the cheapest set. But even the cake table they've used is clearly a basic one, with no resemblance to the one found in-game.

Link to the sets, although you may need to take out the en-gb if it doesn't redirect you to your country's site:

I really wasn't expecting too much, to be honest, so I'm not really disappointed. I wasn't expecting a big set akin to what Star Wars and the like usually get. But I'd forgotten just how much of a highway robbery Lego was as a brand. Those prices had me do a double take.

I didn't mind the designs so much until I saw the price lol. Its bit to simple and feels like they just took existing designs and slapped some AC symbols on it like DIY or the furniture leave 🤷🏽‍♀️

These are all so cute I’ve yet to see them in real life. I’ve seen them listed at stores around me thought maybe I should go out and have a look at them 😊

My favourite is the Nooks cranny set !!

image.png

What's the point, then?!

the tangy minifigure looks so cute ;o;

realistically, probably won't end up buying either of the new sets

There's a small small polybag with Maple in it that I can't seem to find. I've been told it's at the local Target.

I saw a couple of the sets at a different grocery store for maybe a week, then they quickly disappeared.

I forgot there was already some sets announced or out and now we have a second wave. I never picked up any of the Mario ones and while I really like AC as much as Mario I'm not sure if I will pick these up either. Love the commercials they did and they do look cute.

I'm a little surprised they actually did Animal Crossing after Mario instead of like Zelda, a full on Donkey Kong series, or even Kirby. But I guess its popularity during NH's launch and covid really helped push it out of niche territory.

Back